Tab Target

(Locked)

90 Worgen Druid
Any word on whether or not the bug to guild rep obtained in randoms was fixed? I've ran random heroics with 4 of my guildies only to get 0 guild rep from every single boss and I'm barely over half my weekly cap. I submit a ticket and all I ever hear is Blizzard is working on it and it will be fixed soon. Is the fix in this bug fix patch, or are we waiting longer? It really sucks taking the extra time to get the whole guild to group for heroics when they aren't paying out. I can only do so much with dailies ;/
90 Gnome Warrior
why not have a PvP. Any target hitting you creates threat, And this is hidden or displayed (could be toggled in interface) and upon hitting TAB key. the highest threat enemy is Targeted. Some tweaks and experimenting. I think it could work?
85 Human Paladin
I'm taking bets that this Tuesday will be extended maintenance because of all the whining about tab targeting and I'll be laughing the entire time playing LoL (or HoN depending on the mood). In the meantime just get your mouse, stop being lazy and click on the target you want to kill.
90 Dwarf Shaman
08/07/2011 01:05 AMPosted by Archriah
I'm taking bets that this Tuesday will be extended maintenance because of all the whining about tab targeting and I'll be laughing the entire time playing LoL (or HoN depending on the mood). In the meantime just get your mouse, stop being lazy and click on the target you want to kill.

#1: this problem affects clicking as well, retargetting your previous target when you click to a new one and use a skill

#2: tab is part of the game, and should work. If you've ever tanked before you would know that clicking targets while sorrounded by mobs and allies is unreliable.

#3: targetting might be the issue right now, what we're saying applies to any bug that makes it from the ptr onto live servers after being reported.

#4: We shouldn't have to beg bliz for a fix. We shouldn't have to wait for a fix to a bug that's as potentialy crippling as this one. This bug should've been squashed on the ptr, it should've been hotfixed when it went live ,and it should've garnrered more attention from bliz other than a "we have a fix but are too lazy/ self absorbed to apply it". That it's still in effect weeks after going live is a huge testament to bliz's lack of concern for the game. As long as we're paying and playing and not exploiting then bliz is happy. In otherwords as long as bliz is making as much money off of us as they can then it's gg.

#5 quit spitting in our faces bliz.
85 Human Paladin

#1: this problem affects clicking as well, retargetting your previous target when you click to a new one and use a skill

#2: tab is part of the game, and should work. If you've ever tanked before you would know that clicking targets while sorrounded by mobs and allies is unreliable.

#3: targetting might be the issue right now, what we're saying applies to any bug that makes it from the ptr onto live servers after being reported.

#4: We shouldn't have to beg bliz for a fix. We shouldn't have to wait for a fix to a bug that's as potentialy crippling as this one. This bug should've been squashed on the ptr, it should've been hotfixed when it went live ,and it should've garnrered more attention from bliz other than a "we have a fix but are too lazy/ self absorbed to apply it". That it's still in effect weeks after going live is a huge testament to bliz's lack of concern for the game. As long as we're paying and playing and not exploiting then bliz is happy. In otherwords as long as bliz is making as much money off of us as they can then it's gg.

#5 quit spitting in our faces bliz.

Here's the thing: Nobody has to beg for this to be fixed. Bliz is well aware of the issue and is fixing it. Zarhym already said (more or less) "Its not that simple, and regret it went live." Is it possible that maybe since we're all human mistakes can happen from time to time?

Since for some odd reason I'm being called out for whatever reason on Issue 2 yes I have noticed it being unreliable but that doesn't mean it's game breaking. I know the issue is there and I just stay aware of it and spam the mouse (has to be done for taunts anyways).

TLDR: Give it time bliz is fixing it there is no reason to beg at this point and keep your heads up and stop hoping on the bandwagon called "omgstuckuplazyblizwontfixmygame".
Edited by Archriah on 8/7/2011 6:37 AM PDT
73 Draenei Mage
I have no idea what you all are talking about because tab targeting works fine for me. I'm always able to target who I want to target and I don't remember tab targeting any corpses. Anyway, see you at Blizzcon!
73 Draenei Mage
08/07/2011 01:05 AMPosted by Archriah

^ This. Using your mouse can make things a lot easier in certain situations, that is, if you don't mind using your eyes.
85 Tauren Paladin
I only mess up with it on my hunter. I find tab is useful, given I cycle through tabs until I get to the mark, and it's faster than clicking if i can focus tank. However, they should get rid of hunter's automatic target fire. It's so stupid, and people wouldn't fail as much if it were not there anymore.
85 Tauren Paladin
or
/targetenemy [Harm][Nodead]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

That is a helpful macro

There shouldn't need to *be* a macro. Most players don't even know how to make them...I suck at it. It shouldn't be complicated and sometimes troublesome work to ensure that no helpless screw-ups are made. I would never remember how to make that macro without really absorbing it, and I'm not a noob at technology at all.

They should atleast make an option that allows hunters to toggle automatic-shoot right-clicking...I never fail on my hunter other than accidentally pulling due to right-clicking, being used to tanks and dps that I can prepare to auto attack without worrying about pulling. It's not that I don't pay attention or am stupid, it's that I have a useful habit that I am so used to using that it's like a reflex. A lot of hunters are the same way.
Edited by Luckylucky on 8/7/2011 7:15 AM PDT
85 Dwarf Death Knight
This bug borders on 'Not fit for purpose'.
90 Draenei Paladin
Well Z the Flying Skull, you just made my day. And sorry, for the life of me I can never remember how to spell your name. The faster this patch gets out, the happier I'll be. :)

Also, for those that are claiming the patch is backseat to BlizzCon, that's not what Z said. What was meant was that getting the info to people was pushed aside because of BlizzCon, but the team working on the patch is a completely different team and wasn't sidetracked. At least, that's what I think was said.
Edited by Remembrance on 8/7/2011 8:23 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I've been encountering this bug more often, lately.

I decided to level a new Orc warrior, and have had fits where I'll switch targets (tab or click), only to have it retarget the mob I just killed.

At lower levels, this really hurts when you target a mob and hit Victory Rush (Best addition to low-level warriors ever) only for it to have targeted the mob I just killed and waste the Victory Rush on it. The VR buff is just gone, no more. It's crippling to low-level Warrior dps (as who the heck wants to tank low levels?), and it is really starting to bug the hell out of me.
90 Dwarf Shaman
08/07/2011 06:36 AMPosted by Archriah
Here's the thing: Nobody has to beg for this to be fixed. Bliz is well aware of the issue and is fixing it. Zarhym already said (more or less) "Its not that simple, and regret it went live." Is it possible that maybe since we're all human mistakes can happen from time to time?

Yes, that's the same reason/excuse they give for every bug that makes it to live. If it's reported on the ptr then there's no reason whatso ever that it should make it live.? This is the third expansion, the game's been running for 6 years, debugging should be as streamlined, no nonsense setup. They should have the same zeal for removing bugs, that the players have for spotting them and reporting them.
Edited by Plus on 8/7/2011 9:20 AM PDT
95 Blood Elf Paladin
It takes months for a real bug to get fixed. That's always been the case. It just takes time.
100 Dwarf Hunter
But let a bug or glitch allow players to down a boss faster or give out too much gear and see how fast its fixed....99% of the time in less then 24 hours...while we players have to put up with this tab crap for months and months cause it does nothing but give us problems and nothing in reward.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]