Tab Target

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Shaman
08/07/2011 06:47 AMPosted by Caazi
I'm taking bets that this Tuesday will be extended maintenance because of all the whining about tab targeting and I'll be laughing the entire time playing LoL (or HoN depending on the mood). In the meantime just get your mouse, stop being lazy and click on the target you want to kill.

^ This. Using your mouse can make things a lot easier in certain situations, that is, if you don't mind using your eyes.

Have you ever tanked, or been in melee with alot of potential targets for your mouse clicks? then you'd realize how unresponsive clicking can be, especialy with alot of things going on. Most often the target closest to your screen will be clicked even if your mouse is hovering over a different target. The clicking code is messed up, but people have made due with other methods.

It's easy to accomplish when you're standing back casting spells. In fact in that situation clicking is your most viable option.
90 Dwarf Shaman
08/07/2011 09:44 AMPosted by Mauserd
But let a bug or glitch allow players to down a boss faster or give out too much gear and see how fast its fixed....99% of the time in less then 24 hours...while we players have to put up with this tab crap for months and months cause it does nothing but give us problems and nothing in reward.

Exaclty. If it's something that's beniffiting people then it'll be hotfixed easily within 24 hours. Or the exploit will be completely removed until they do come up with a fix. Why? Because it directly affects their bottom line. If people are getting through content faster due to a bug/exploit it means that the current content wont last as long as bliz wants it to.

But say a graphical glytch like the drake vials happens? well it's just qq from the players. Or say you hit a corpse, or a cc'd mob because of the bug? well l2p you should be using macros anyway.

It annoys me that people actualy try to defend bliz crapping on their heads.
90 Tauren Warrior
We do have a fix for this ready, however, it will require a client-side patch to address. We're in the process of building a small patch to fix this and a few other issues which also need client updates. You're likely to see what we call a fast patch in the near future (a la patch 4.1.0A in recent past: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-1-0a).

Sorry, it's been a while since we've communicated anything about this. Our team has been very busy lately working on a lot of cool things, as well as finalizing plans for BlizzCon, but we're trying to keep our eyes on the forums as much as possible in the process. :)

All due respect, you mentioned this was a known bug and that it required a client side patch about a month ago. With all the quick little patches you guys put into place during 4.1, this wasn't something you could've fixed weeks ago?
100 Orc Mage
~.~

Not sure why this thread hasn't been locked yet. I see nothing but the same argument over and over and over again. Tab Targeting, blah blah blah.

They are fixing it, and as Zarhym said; it isn't as easy as some of you believe it is. You wanted an update on the issue, you have it. "They are working to fix it"

Zarhym can't give you an exact date, even if he knows it; because if by chance it doesn't come out on that date for any unknown unknowns; then the threads and forums server would crash due to all the idiots whinning.

Have you noticed that, Zarhym having to come and pacify the threads is ACTUALLY taking away from the time he could be "looking into how to fix the problem?"

That is all.
90 Dwarf Shaman
~.~

Not sure why this thread hasn't been locked yet. I see nothing but the same argument over and over and over again. Tab Targeting, blah blah blah.

They are fixing it, and as Zarhym said; it isn't as easy as some of you believe it is. You wanted an update on the issue, you have it. "They are working to fix it"

Zarhym can't give you an exact date, even if he knows it; because if by chance it doesn't come out on that date for any unknown unknowns; then the threads and forums server would crash due to all the idiots whinning.

Have you noticed that, Zarhym having to come and pacify the threads is ACTUALLY taking away from the time he could be "looking into how to fix the problem?"

That is all.

Customer relations. From my understanding he isn't actualy working on the solution. They've already stated they have a fix for it, they just haven't gotten around to implementing it. One post after a 1 in a half months of this bug being on live doesn't seem like that much of a distraction from whatever his day to day duties are.

You're right though, people shouldn't have to come to the forums to complain about stuff like this, bliz should be spot on enough to keep these sort of things from getting this far. Unfortunantly that just isn't the case. And thus players are left with little recourse other than to come here and voice their experience. As it was stated before, we only got a response from bliz after continously complaining on the forums.

How can you justify a bug like this being present after over 2 or 3 months? It was known and reported early on the firelands ptr, it was reported as soon as it went live, and now a month in a half later it is still being reported. What part of that makes the players who complain about it the idiots?

It's funny that the bugs that are a nuisance to players are tough to fix, while the ones that benefit the players are fixed in 24 hours or less.
Edited by Plus on 8/7/2011 11:55 AM PDT
85 Goblin Death Knight
Is this bug fix patch also fixing the nonexistent drop rate of crystallized firestones in 25m heroic? I sure hope so
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I rather see the fix to random crashes at seemingly vital times, versus measily tab targetting.
100 Undead Warrior
Blizz-

The targeting thing drives me nuts when I tank. Absolutely crazy. The game is great - as long as its fun. One reason why Rift sucks after the first month is you notice all the crap like this bug in wow that makes it not fun.

If you want people to keep paying you 15 bucks a month... use some of your 1.56 trillion dollars in profit and hire another bubba to focus on it.
100 Human Rogue
Looks like they just fixed it. The patch download we all just had to take a few minutes ago was for a client-side fix to something and they said earlier in this thread that it would require a client-side solution, so looks like this thread is officially obsolete.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/04/2011 11:41 PMPosted by Zarhym
We do have a fix for this ready, however, it will require a client-side patch to address. We're in the process of building a small patch to fix this and a few other issues which also need client updates. You're likely to see what we call a fast patch in the near future (a la patch 4.1.0A in recent past: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-1-0a).

Was this fixed in 4.2.0A? I don't see anything about it in the patch notes.
It's not in the patch notes (why on earth not?) but in playing around with it last night it does seem to be working properly again. No corpses tab-targeted all evening, and I was trying.
Edited by Zemosalt on 8/10/2011 7:54 AM PDT
85 Goblin Warrior
Thanks for the info Zarhym. Keep up the good work. The majority appreciate you guys' hard work.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/10/2011 07:53 AMPosted by Zemosalt
It's not in the patch notes (why on earth not?) but in playing around with it last night it does seem to be working properly again. No corpses tab-targeted all evening, and I was trying.

It's still happening, just not nearly as often.
100 Blood Elf Priest
08/10/2011 07:53 AMPosted by Zemosalt

Really???

Quoting from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3287945#blog:

•Using an instant cast spell right after a target dies should no longer re-target the dead target’s body.
•Using an ability immediately after switching targets should no longer affect the previous target.

Considering there are only a dozen bullet points in the notes, and that these are the first two, I am going to have to say that someone needs help with reading comprehension.
85 Human Warrior
08/04/2011 11:41 PMPosted by Zarhym
working on a lot of cool things
i guess we're still in diapers.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]