Tab Target

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/04/2011 11:41 PMPosted by Zarhym
We do have a fix for this ready, however, it will require a client-side patch to address.

I think I can speak for everyone here..

Take the servers down now, and put in the patch.

Another days delay is just going to keep on pissing off customers.

P.S. I am willing to bet it had something to do with the pet coding too.... LEAVE THEM ALONE, NOONE IS ASKING FOR THOSE CHANGES.
Edited by Aziker on 8/4/2011 11:51 PM PDT
85 Worgen Priest
Our team has been very busy lately working on a lot of cool things

Tell us more? :P

Sorry, it's been a while since we've communicated anything about this.

Thanks for the update.
85 Draenei Priest
Yay!! Glad to hear it, Zarhym!
Community Manager
08/04/2011 11:48 PMPosted by Blogmonkey
nice your in the process of building a small patch after this problem was reported on for months now. But i understand blizz con is more important, so we will wait till it gets fixed.

Having a textual conversation really doesn't have to work this way. I specifically said "my team" in my post to ensure there was no confusion -- but even then I can't ensure anyone correctly understands the meaning of what they're reading.

My team doesn't build patches. And the people working to develop, test, and deploy fixes, and create new patch builds, aren't preoccupied with BlizzCon right now.

The process of documenting, troubleshooting, and testing bug fixes is complicated and constant. We've made many fixes since day one of patch 4.2's release, most of which could be done server-side. All the while we've been working on fixes for bugs that can't be addressed without a client-side patch. But the process for creating a stable new patch build to address any known issues is certainly not as easy as I think you're implying.
19 Troll Priest
Zarhym can you fix low level Bgs next?
[quote="29662699059"]
We've made many fixes since day one of patch 4.2's release, most of which could be done server-side. All the while we've been working on fixes for bugs that can't be addressed without a client-side patch.

I keep on getting more and more upset by not seeing a client side patch. Not sure about others.

To me though it more than justifies the down times for the servers on tuesday. But without one it just feels unneeded.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/05/2011 12:05 AMPosted by Aziker
To me though it more than justifies the down times for the servers on tuesday. But without one it just feels unneeded.

This I agree with 100%.
Community Manager
To be clear, we know it's an annoying issue and it's unfortunate that it went live. But as I spoke in another thread a while back (a portion of which someone quoted earlier in this thread), this is a relatively complicated issue. We haven't just been sitting on it all this time. We want to make sure the fix is good, while also avoiding throwing together a quick patch to address it at the risk of breaking other things.
Community Manager
08/05/2011 12:10 AMPosted by Madbro
It takes all of 5 seconds to post a " We Be Fixing the Targeting Bug" thread.

It's not that simple though, especially when you consider all of the other things players feel we could/should be saying on these forums. That said, my original point was that we know we need to push harder to keep the level of communication up.
Zarhym, i respect you. but i cannot accept that this terrible bug has been around for as long as it has.

Its also troubling that the reason we didnt get an update because "the team" has been busy elsewhere.

It takes all of 5 seconds to post a " We Be Fixing the Targeting Bug" thread.

I mean, its not like taunting dead bodies affects game play.

Ah yes. I can remember it like it was yesterday....

Went into firelands, was tankning down some trash. Next thing I know the mobs are all running away from me. Turns out I kept on retargetting the first mob in the zone we killed. even though I would tab to a new mob and actually manually click on them.. Now I am not just talking a 1 time target change. I am talking for about a strait 5 minutes where the game would just keep going back to the first mob we killed. the instant I would click something else..

Oh wait, it was YESTERDAY that this happened..
Community Manager
We rely on you, Zarhym, to inform us of important things and it sucks to be told that you were preoccupied and couldnt feed us the knowledge we desire.

Hell, id gladly jump in a barbarian death pit and fight my way out just to have a job like yours!

Your our greatest source of daily information!

Well, I do appreciate that you have this level of respect for us, Madbro, and also hold us to high expectations. All's I can say is I completely understand where you're coming from. :)
I assume i was doing something wrong all of a sudden..didn't know this was an issue. I have to say it has been VERY annoying wasting attacks on already dead targets.

Good thing they say they can fix it.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/05/2011 12:18 AMPosted by Zarhym
we know we need to push harder to keep the level of communication up.

I think we can all appreciate this! :D
85 Worgen Druid
There's a time frame that's appropriate for handling bugs like this. Even handling them so that they don't crop back up or cause new problems. That time frame has expired a long time ago.

A patch needs to come out to fix this by next Tuesday or I'm not paying for another month of game time.

It's not even acceptable that these targeting bugs got past QA and the PTR, especially when people are saying that this issue was brought up on the PTR and ignored.
85 Worgen Druid
That said, my original point was that we know we need to push harder to keep the level of communication up.

For some reason I feel like I've read this quite a few times so far since even before Cata released.
Edited by Lupira on 8/5/2011 12:21 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]