Tab Target

(Locked)

Community Manager
08/05/2011 12:21 AMPosted by Rupett
A patch needs to come out to fix this by next Tuesday or I'm not paying for another month of game time.

Noted.
24 Tauren Druid
07/31/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Dasfaust
I dunno, I really love being able to tab target Cho'gall while I'm doing SFK, or Nef while I'm in the Deadmines.

We have a winner
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It took ages to fix the "mobs run through you to attack your back when you move in ANY direction" bug (and it still isn't entirely fixed fyi - would LOVE a reversion to pre-3.3 mechanics).

Anyway, it's safe to say that if Blizzard could hit a magic button that said "FIX TAB TARGETTING", I think they probably would have done it by now, whether for money, fans, or the happiness of kittens everywhere.

Armed with that knowledge, you can then deduce that it probably isn't an easy issue to fix.
Edited by Simca on 8/5/2011 12:30 AM PDT
85 Human Warrior
I was just about to make a thread about this.
THANK YOU
85 Draenei Paladin
08/05/2011 12:33 AMPosted by Normie
If ctrl-tab would stop targeting totems AND SNAKES FOR GOD'S SAKE that would be awesome. Or, actually, it would be less suck.

Agreed, I'm targeting the hunter's pets all the time.I will spam tab and it will be the same two hunter pets, even though the hunter is a little behind them and in my range. They need to get rid of the tab targeting stupid minions and pets like this.

Sick of it, then sometimes tab won't work at all and i'm hitting a dead body.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/05/2011 12:33 AMPosted by Normie
I freakin' hate this when I'm healing (and using tab targeting a lot, which I do in addition to healbot) and there's a shaman in the group, or someone pops a snake trap.

No offense or anything, but if you already use Healbot, you could just make your spells that you tab target for use "/cast [@mouseover] Flash Heal" or "/cast [@hbtarget] Flash Heal" instead.

That solves the problem of wasting time cycling through targets (up to 5 less keypresses per spell cast) and also the bugs.
85 Draenei Hunter
This is why I click to target
08/05/2011 12:22 AMPosted by Zarhym
A patch needs to come out to fix this by next Tuesday or I'm not paying for another month of game time.

Noted.

Ha! I love this.

So short, yet powerful.

/clap
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/05/2011 12:40 AMPosted by Mobetta
This is why I click to target

It still meses up then too.

Just normally not as often. Also it's nowhere neer as big a problem for ranged as it is for melee.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I should point out that the fix for targeting corpses is tricky (impossible to fix completely actually) because of lag issues.

However, having tab-target skip totems, snakes, treants, and the like, is trivially simple client-side logic. It's probably 10 lines of code. Or 3. It might even be fixable by addon.

Oh one of the Devs.

SO tell me mr.dev. Are they going to patch this fix on tuesday? While you are at it, can you tell us about the next raid?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]