Tab Target

(Locked)

90 Orc Death Knight
08/05/2011 12:58 AMPosted by Aziker
can you tell us about the next raid?

You really expect much info on it? It's most likely going TBA at Blizzcon 2011.
Edited by Groundstrike on 8/5/2011 1:01 AM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman
I have alot of issues with targeting its so annoying especially on my shaman Im just like AHhh why wont this work right lol
90 Human Warrior
This has never been a 4.2 issue, this has been a 4.0.1 release issue (over 8 months) and that's where a lot of player's frustration has come from - specially when there has been none or hardly amy info coming from dev or a blue saying this is being addressed and worked on.
Edited by Elseadrena on 8/5/2011 1:13 AM PDT
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/05/2011 01:00 AMPosted by Groundstrike
can you tell us about the next raid?

You really expect much info on it? It's most likely going TBA at Blizzcon 2011.

It's called sarcasm...

Try rereading the post.
90 Troll Mage
08/05/2011 02:15 AMPosted by Cheesus
To be clear, we know it's an annoying issue and it's unfortunate that it went live. But as I spoke in another thread a while back (a portion of which someone quoted earlier in this thread), this is a relatively complicated issue. We haven't just been sitting on it all this time. We want to make sure the fix is good, while also avoiding throwing together a quick patch to address it at the risk of breaking other things.

So why let it go live when it was reported on the test realm? Why push out patches that aren't complete if it's so complicated to get a client-side patch to fix extremely irritating bugs? Seems like this entire issue could have easily been avoided if you properly utilized the PTR and the player feedback there.

I agree! You should have delayed all content releases until this issue was resolved! That way, the people who are now complaining about the issue having gone live, could instead be complaining about the content releases being postponed!
85 Draenei Paladin
I've been having a problem with targeting mobs Im tanking, Ill tab target, and like what was said above, it will take me to a dead target. However, sometimes when this happens Ill click the target only to have my target change again suddenly back to the dead target. This can happen repeatedly, despite my manual clicking the targets.
90 Goblin Shaman
07/27/2011 11:03 PMPosted by Vanche
Does blizzard intend on actually looking into this? Tab Target works 5% of the time honestly. You have to straight up spam tab to try TRY and target the person beside you. Take a note from WaR there Tab system is beautiful. I love wow just PLEASE look into this. 5/10000 times it will work.

Yeah, I agree. I just love hitting tab to target the next mob in an instance, only to target one across the room. For example, the room where the first boss is in Gundrak, if I tab target, I mostly wind up targeting those harmless snake critters. Grrrrrr.
85 Tauren Druid
08/05/2011 12:00 AMPosted by Zarhym
nice your in the process of building a small patch after this problem was reported on for months now. But i understand blizz con is more important, so we will wait till it gets fixed.

Having a textual conversation really doesn't have to work this way. I specifically said "my team" in my post to ensure there was no confusion -- but even then I can't ensure anyone correctly understands the meaning of what they're reading.

My team doesn't build patches. And the people working to develop, test, and deploy fixes, and create new patch builds, aren't preoccupied with BlizzCon right now.

The process of documenting, troubleshooting, and testing bug fixes is complicated and constant. We've made many fixes since day one of patch 4.2's release, most of which could be done server-side. All the while we've been working on fixes for bugs that can't be addressed without a client-side patch. But the process for creating a stable new patch build to address any known issues is certainly not as easy as I think you're implying.

The problem is that I never had tab targetting issues until Firelands was released in 4.2. Pre-4.2 I never tab targetted dead mobs or mobs far away. Ever since 4.2 I have been targetting dead mobs and mobs far away.

Common sense strongly suggests that there is/was something in patch 4.2 that screwed up tab targetting. Since this is most likely the case, common sense further suggests that Blizzard needs to go back to the code for 4.2 and figure out what in the code may have caused this issue.

Not sure how long something like that would take, but considering the tab targetting bugs were being reported on the bug forums and tank forums since day one of 4.2, it seems Blizzard could have communicated more promptly. It took them weeks before admitting the issue existed, and that is downright unacceptable.
91 Human Rogue
07/27/2011 11:03 PMPosted by Vanche
Does blizzard intend on actually looking into this? Tab Target works 5% of the time honestly. You have to straight up spam tab to try TRY and target the person beside you. Take a note from WaR there Tab system is beautiful. I love wow just PLEASE look into this. 5/10000 times it will work.

I've been having this problem for the last year, why is everybody else just now catching on?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]