Catharsis' First Annual Farming Competition

85 Blood Elf Priest
07/27/2011 07:48 AMPosted by Catharsis
50000 - Spectral Tiger*

25000 - Mottled Drake*

Not acquired in game unless of course you want to farm up the 350k-750k and buy it from Demo on the AH.

Reins of Poseidus*

Idk about everyone else but I've spent some time trying to farm this mount and no luck, entering a competition for a chance to get it is wonderful imo.

I have had the pleasure to speak in game and on vent with Carth many times, he's a great guy and probably one of the few I would trust on this realm. I could see the opposition if it was a level 1 from a nowhere guild, but this is Carth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Does crashing the glyph market have anything to do with this incoming glut of mats Cath? Should we expect you to try and crash the other secondary prof markets like jewelcrafting and enchanting?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Does crashing the glyph market have anything to do with this incoming glut of mats Cath? Should we expect you to try and crash the other secondary prof markets like jewelcrafting and enchanting?

Crashing the glyph market has more to do with me having roughly 60k blackfallow ink collecting dust and needing a way to get moved =/ then anything else.

Yes, a goal of this competition is too afford me materials to penetrate certain markets, and restock for others. Certainly I play markets differently depending on what the competition requires. If you find yourself on the end of a market crash it probably is a sign I view you as a threat to sales or I have way too much stock.
Edited by Catharsis on 7/29/2011 2:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Crashing the glyph market because you have too much stock doesn't seem to make a lot of sense though. Unlike potions or gems, glyphs are a one time purchase. So all you are doing is allowing that buyer to get off cheap at your own expense. Buyers will not buy more than one in any circumstance, and the (very few) buyers with the foresight to buy glyphs in advance for un-leveled toons due to your low price just allow you to gain the time you would have spent re-listing at a higher price in exchange for the gold you are losing for crashing the market. To me, the only price point that should make one consider undercutting the market for more than a percent or two is the one at which a buyer decides that he will wait to buy or look for help from a scribe friend. And the price point you set is obviously way below that ceiling.

Comments?

Also, bumps for your contest. Very cool prizes...but I will need my mats to piggyback on whatever meta idea you are working on here...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Also, bumps for your contest. Very cool prizes...but I will need my mats to piggyback on whatever meta idea you are working on here...

Appreciate the bump! I'll attempt to not derail the thread further with my useless ramblings and just message you in game so we can discuss econometrics and such!
Edited by Catharsis on 7/29/2011 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Starts in two days! i sadly only have like 140 some points added up XD but life keeps me busy. but i will still try to farm some more!
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Mage
Cath is the Wall Street of our home. Anything you want? He has it... anything short of hookers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
One little problem. This is gambling, which is strictly against the TOS.

Join the raffle at your own risk, because if he gets caught, I'm not sure what the penalty is for this sorta thing. If he gets perma-banned, you might not get your stuff back. (not to mention, you're giving him all this nosense with no guarentee of payout).

There's also no guarantee that anyone else who joins in won't get a tempt ban or something either. (although I doubt it. Blizz isn't that #*%%ish)

I however will be putting my mats up on the AH for you guys to buy up and send to him ;) (hows he gunna know you didn't farm it?)
Edited by Laness on 7/31/2011 11:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Join the raffle at your own risk, because if he gets caught, I'm not sure what the penalty is for this sorta thing. If he gets perma-banned, you might not get your stuff back. (not to mention, you're giving him all this nosense with no guarentee of payout).

There's also no guarantee that anyone else who joins in won't get a tempt ban or something either. (although I doubt it. Blizz isn't that #*%%ish)

I however will be putting my mats up on the AH for you guys to buy up and send to him ;) (hows he gunna know you didn't farm it?)

This sort of thinking is what inspired me to start an event of my own! Look in our realm forums for Prod's "Don't get ripped by Raffles"! event.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
07/31/2011 11:11 PMPosted by Laness

Neither of the "events" are against ToS and neither fall under this category

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=27048&pageNumber=1&searchQuery=gambling

both are offering the GH community opportunities whether it be mounts or gold for their time, I applaud you both ( I however will not be involved in either).

Good Luck Prod and Carth

Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Sounds like fun and sure beats trying to farm for the Gundrak Hatchling, four days and still no drop.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
On the tiered reward system, if I have 750 points do I automatically get a pet of my choice from the lower tiered pets or am I entered into the drawing for it?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
On the tiered reward system, if I have 750 points do I automatically get a pet of my choice from the lower tiered pets or am I entered into the drawing for it?

Yes. The tiered system gives you rewards you earn as you go. If you earn 1500 points, you get the 1500 point reward and everything leading up to it =D (fortune cards, ability to enter OhEmGEE Raffle, and pet of choice).
Edited by Catharsis on 8/1/2011 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/27/2011 07:50 AMPosted by Catharsis
Quite on the contrary, if you look at the prize pool I'm backing this with a substantial amount of resources. My goal here in terms of auction housing, is to produce supply out of thin air. That is, get those of you who would otherwise not farm to farm. By attaching rewards and using my personal stock of rare/valuable odds and ends, I hope to get interest and maybe develop solid business relationships with some of you after the competition!
How do u expect to make any relationships with anyone, when you are screwing up the economy with everything u deal in? This is such an obvious rip off of other players' hard work, assumed by the company u keep, and they way they, and yourself treat others. And an obivious attempt to branch into the rest of the AH markets, and destroy them as well. There is no way to ensure u will get any prizes for giving this guy your matts people!! And like i said, with the people involved, u most likely WON'T. And IF you do, consider your auction house economy even more screwed..........
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
How do u expect to make any relationships with anyone, when you are screwing up the economy with everything u deal in? This is such an obvious rip off of other players' hard work, assumed by the company u keep, and they way they, and yourself treat others. And an obivious attempt to branch into the rest of the AH markets, and destroy them as well. There is no way to ensure u will get any prizes for giving this guy your matts people!!

I sadly am not sure how to take this post. Are you stating that by providing cheap items on the AH I'm "screwing up the economy with everything I deal in"? As to the company I keep, I honestly am not sure what to make of that either. I deal with many folks on this realm (I've been here since Day 1 afterall) so maybe you could enlighten me to whom in particular you are speaking of?

And like i said, with the people involved, u most likely WON'T. And IF you do, consider your auction house economy even more screwed..........

The prizes are very real and as I and my wife are the only two people handling the competition, I find it quite odd that the phrase "with the people involved" comes up again. I'm not sure why you feel I've ever screwed the auction house from a consumer view, quite on the contrary, I do my best to stock the AH with bulk amounts of 'commodity' goods at very reasonable prices.

While I appreciate that you have decided not to participate, and your criticisms as to me are duly noted, I take offense to the idea that I wouldn't properly award prizes and/or blindly rob people. I've taken the utmost care to lay out a solid framework, keep immaculate records, and ensure that anyone whom chooses to participate is aware as to the rules and regulations regarding this competition.
Edited by Catharsis on 8/2/2011 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]