Auction House API is live!

62 Human Death Knight
08/01/2011 08:41 PMPosted by Lovepanda
How often is the auction-data updated?
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
@Lovepanda: You can expect an update approximately once an hour, but please go by what the API sends back to you as it will always be the source of truth.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
@Ujournal, @Vynz: Content-type and gzip compression should both correctly work now on the json dumps - please retest.

@All: Json dumps should be consistently working correctly now - please let us know if you run into the same issue again.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
I can report that gzip content-encoding is working properly on the auction data files. I appreciate the gzip compression, as it uses about 1/5th the bandwidth, which also saves a lot of download time. Thanks very much!
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
Just mentioning it so I don't sound like a liar.. looks like we're back to text/plain and non-gzipped auction data files, at least for some of them..

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 23:00:00 GMT
Server: Apache
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
Last-Modified: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:45:49 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 1662238
Cache-Control: max-age=86400
Expires: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 23:00:00 GMT
Keep-Alive: timeout=10, max=3937
Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

And it's gonna get tricky to participate in this forum when all of my accounts expire, heh.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I did receive different types of headers from one request to another. Maybe I'm missing something in my query (header? parameter?). Here is what I got when querying US-Zul'jin (http://us.battle.net/auction-data/zuljin/auctions.json - URL never changed during the day BTW):
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 00:08:53 GMT
Last-Modified: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 23:53:51 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 5049702
Cache-Control: max-age=86400
Expires: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 00:08:53 GMT
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Type: application/json

The Content-Type simply states application/json, but there is no mention of the encoding. I expect UTF-8 but this is not mentionned in the headers. It did however show up in other types of queries, such as Character Classes (http://us.battle.net/api/wow/data/character/classes):
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 00:20:32 GMT
Expires: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 00:20:32 GMT
Cache-Control: max-age=2592000
Content-Language: en-US
Content-Length: 1019
Vary: Accept-Encoding
Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
@Ujournalh - Can you provide a sample URL that exhibits the behavior? We're having trouble duplicating it - the config changes that fixed this issue seem to be working correctly across all of our hardware correctly in the US at least.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
@Opta: Yep - we've identified the issue with the charset not falling through to the default UTF-8 - we'll get this fixed ASAP.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
08/02/2011 05:25 PMPosted by Osundir
@Ujournalh - Can you provide a sample URL that exhibits the behavior? We're having trouble duplicating it - the config changes that fixed this issue seem to be working correctly across all of our hardware correctly in the US at least.

It was across many realms when it happened. The last I saw was on /auction-data/icecrown/auctions.json at 23:16:11 GMT. It's now 01:33 GMT and it looks like all realms are behaving properly. I'll keep an eye on my logs and let you know more specifics if it happens again.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
08/02/2011 05:41 PMPosted by Osundir
@Opta: Yep - we've identified the issue with the charset not falling through to the default UTF-8 - we'll get this fixed ASAP.

Got Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8 from US-Zul'jin this morning, looks like it's fixed.

Let's just hope gzip content-type for auctions dump will be available.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Priest
When I request the AH data for the Dalaran server, it does not appear to be gzip compressed:

["url"]=> string(55) "http://us.battle.net/auction-data/dalaran/auctions.json"

wget http://us.battle.net/auction-data/dalaran/auctions.json -O- | tar xvz

--2011-08-03 09:52:57-- http://us.battle.net/auction-data/dalaran/auctions.json
Resolving us.battle.net... 12.129.242.40
Connecting to us.battle.net|12.129.242.40|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 4382437 (4.2M) [application/json]
Saving to: `STDOUT'

0% [ ] 28,808 52.2K/s
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child died with signal 13
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure you have to put --header="Accept-Encoding: gzip" to wget otherwise you are going to get the uncompressed json.
Edited by Decor on 8/3/2011 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
With the new auction house API, will there be a way to get the item images when you get a list of all the auctions?

Currently, an item URL on the Blizzard servers is http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/icons/56/inv_helmet_plate_raidpaladin_i_01.jpg which doesn't use the item ID.

Item ID is the only thing that comes back from the API

{
"auc":1748411224,
"item":21840,
"owner":"Matthepriest",
"bid":252199,
"buyout":257999,
"quantity":1
}
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
@Aiur - the only field we're adding to the AH auction fragment is the 'timeLeft' value - the item icons will be available via the Item API when it is launched, and we are trying to minimize duplication/redundancy.
Reply Quote
95 Troll Hunter
First off, I love the new api and the idea behind it!. That said, I have a request for the new AH api.

The current data dump only shows active auctions and offers no way to track high turn over items/auctions. The simple answer is to bump the frequency from 1 hour to 5 or 10 minutes but even that only makes the missing auction window smaller. Ultimately what I would like to see is something like this:

{
"realm": ...
"alliance": {
"auctions":[ { ... }, { ... }],
"sold": [ { ... }, { ... }],
"canceled": [ { ... }, { ... }],
"expired": [ { ... }, { ... }],
},
}

where sold,canceled, and expired are the auctions that ended since the last update (obviously grouped by reason). You may already have a solution to this problem in the works via this api or a yet to be released version but if not is it possible to get something like this added to the wish list?

Reply Quote
95 Troll Hunter
legit reason: to accurately track auctions stats for fast moving items and auctions (cloth, dust, crazy low priced items). I'm ok with not giving the status of the sale, but there should at least be a section for auctions that never show up in any update files due to the update frequency. Not sure how my post makes you question my legitimacy.

Reply Quote
91 Undead Priest
@Decor

Yup, that's what I was doing wrong.

Your response is appreciated, thanks!
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
timeLeft has been pushed to US and EU and is in the process of updating to all realms now - in about an hour all exports should be finished.

Enjoy!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]