Auction House API is live!

87 Goblin Warlock
Neat! I like!

Hey. Looks like the scheduling for auction house data is on a predictable timer. Come feeding time, we'll all try to pack in at once. Oooof. The troubles!

May I suggest, a sudo-random release of new auction house data?.

Something to keep the release time from being on an exact schedule and a bandwidth/access jam at those times.

You can send play-time cards to my address on file! <3
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
08/05/2011 11:57 PMPosted by Sisk
Looks like the scheduling for auction house data is on a predictable timer. Come feeding time, we'll all try to pack in at once. Oooof. The troubles!

It only seems that way. Practically, there is no guarantee that a given realm will be processed at the same time each hour/period.
Reply Quote
The time also changes over-time it seems. A few minutes at a time maybe.

Initially my server's data was released at 10m on the hour, however it has slowly moved to ~22m into the hour over the course of a few days. This is just to show that you shouldn't rely on the current minute being released.

One thing of note: It seems like there are a lot of owners with the name of "???". Will this be resolved in the future? It is showing 635 auctions with an owner of ??? at this time.
Examples: http://us.battle.net/auction-data/emerald-dream/auctions.json
Edited by Kaji on 8/6/2011 4:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
Having a bit of a "duh" moment, so if this was answered elsewhere I'm sorry!

Can we do anything useful with the auc key (i.e. "auc":123456789), like create a link to that specific auction? The current URL structure of the web AH doesn't include the realm name so I think the best I could do is generate a link that just makes an assumption of my currently pinned character.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was able to create a pretty nice interface to watch items that I am interested in (hourly) on the AH and graph history data, etc.

http://www.loottrain.com/ewe/project3/color.php

So far, like clock-work, the dumps have come approximately every hour and I am noticing no issues.

It does seem like it could give an auctioneer a pretty good edge over others who opt out of using the API (or other services using the API).
Edited by Laurabelle on 8/7/2011 12:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It could very well be because there is maintenance going on currently, however it seems that Emerald Dream is not displaying Alliance auctions again.
http://us.battle.net/auction-data/emerald-dream/auctions.json

The main reason I bring this up during maintenance is that it was happening last week outside of maintenance and could be the same issue (possibly non-maintenance related, that is).
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
I just opened up that json and it has a lot of data in it - it was last updated at 16:22 UTC (9 minutes ago).

Nevertheless, this isn't the first report of this and we'll look further into it.

It could very well be because there is maintenance going on currently, however it seems that Emerald Dream is not displaying Alliance auctions again.
<a href="http://us.battle.net/auction-data/emerald-dream/auctions.json">http://us.battle.net/auction-data/emerald-dream/auctions.json</a>

The main reason I bring this up during maintenance is that it was happening last week outside of maintenance and could be the same issue (possibly non-maintenance related, that is).
Reply Quote
It's got data, but it is only Horde and Neutral AH data as you can see by the lines:
"alliance":{"auctions":[]},
"horde":{"auctions":[

Alliance is completely empty. From my log file:

alliance ...0 read
horde ...26460 read
neutral ...105 read

Last Alliance successful read was: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 11:22:10 GMT
Edited by Kaji on 8/9/2011 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
08/06/2011 04:55 AMPosted by Kaji
One thing of note: It seems like there are a lot of owners with the name of "???". Will this be resolved in the future? It is showing 635 auctions with an owner of ??? at this time.

I'm getting the same thing. Auctions from owner "???" from both horde and alliance side on the same realm. My guess is it's a decoding problem between that name and the data. If you search the AH from blizzard's site you will also see the same items being sold from the name "???". So it maybe beyond an API problem and something even deeper.

It's got data, but it is only Horde and Neutral AH data as you can see by the lines:
"horde":{"auctions":[

Alliance is completely empty. From my log file:

alliance ...0 read
horde ...26460 read
neutral ...105 read

Last Alliance successful read was: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 11:22:10 GMT

From time to time I've been getting empty empty Alliance AH data ever since the AH API went live.

My current cache file had the following until I just forced an update. It could be because of maintenance but it has happened a few other times during normal running time.

Reply Quote
2 Tauren Shaman
Hi,
there is a problem with getting AH data for russian realms.
For example I got a file with information about current auction data for realm Гордунни (Gordunni) using this url: eu.battle.net/api/wow/auction/data/гордунни

{
"files":[
{
"url":"http://eu.battle.net/auction-data/гордунни/auctions.json",
"lastModified":1312924988000
}
]
}

But when I try to get file "http://eu.battle.net/auction-data/гордунни/auctions.json" I get an error. This is not a one-time mistake, I tried several times over the five days.
Edited by Mugla on 8/9/2011 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Question: Why is "???" used for owners from time-to-time. Is this an issue that arises when a character name changes and/or departs the server or is there some other criteria that triggers it?

Additionally, I notice that there was a surge of AH dumps that occurred approx 9minutes apart from one another, and then it went back to the hourly routine. I assume that was just a test of something?

Further, so far for Boulderfist-US I have encountered no issues with the AH dumps. I encourage developers to double check and ensure that their scripts that pull the data are doing so correctly, as it may not be a problem on Blizzard's end.

I tested Mugla's issue, and while I do not know any Russian, I encounter the same error when trying to pull the given URL.

Also, somewhat related, there's been an on-going issue with the remote auction house feature web-based implementation involving inability to update form field values: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973250002?page=1#17
Edited by Laurabelle on 8/10/2011 8:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Further, so far for Boulderfist-US I have encountered no issues with the AH dumps. I encourage developers to double check and ensure that their scripts that pull the data are doing so correctly, as it may not be a problem on Blizzard's end.

I download the raw JSON file and save it to disk before I do any processing. The empty alliance data was right from what they sent me while the horde had over 8000 auctions and neutral had about 25. The following update that came in did have alliance auction data. It's hit and miss. Most of the time everything is there. I will start logging today to see how often this happens if it still is.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
08/02/2011 01:31 PMPosted by Osundir
@Lovepanda: You can expect an update approximately once an hour, but please go by what the API sends back to you as it will always be the source of truth.

Would all servers be updated simultaneously?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Hi,
there is a problem with getting AH data for russian realms.
For example I got a file with information about current auction data for realm Гордунни (Gordunni) using this url: eu.battle.net/api/wow/auction/data/гордунни

{
"files":[
{
"url":"http://eu.battle.net/auction-data/гордунни/auctions.json",
"lastModified":1312924988000
}
]
}

But when I try to get file "http://eu.battle.net/auction-data/гордунни/auctions.json" I get an error. This is not a one-time mistake, I tried several times over the five days.

I am also seeing this inconsistency with Russian realms. The URL provided by the API is redirecting to a 404. All other EU realms are dumping as intended.
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Rogue
08/06/2011 04:55 AMPosted by Kaji

I am wonder what the "???" means I got almost 1 million auctions in the database and 2,831 auctions are as seller "???".
Reply Quote
Battle.net Developer
Regarding the "???" names, this is a known issue where an unknown user (to the Armory) has posted an auction. This is typically when a newly created character's data has not reached the Armory yet, so the name is unable to be displayed. Once the data is delivered to Armory, future auctions by these characters should display correctly again.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Would that mean that lvl 1 bank alts will not show up? Since most do not make it to the viewable Armory listing?
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
08/16/2011 11:35 AMPosted by Delritha
Would that mean that lvl 1 bank alts will not show up? Since most do not make it to the viewable Armory listing?

Seems so. But that also means that the auction house is a lot less interesting, since alot is using lowlevel bank alts.

Br,
Gro
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]