Reasons to up trial trade skill cap to 125

(Locked)

20 Human Hunter
Trial accounts are limited in many ways: no guilds, trade, auction house, mail, and a max level of 20.

But one of the most annoying limitations is that profession skills (which are completely optional to gameplay) are capped at a max of 100. Not 300 (Classic cap), not 225 (max for level 20), nor 150 (max at journeyman skill level). No, it's level 100, and I have no idea why.

IF it were bumped up to a more reasonable number like 125 (the level one could normally learn Expert Proficiency Level), a plethora of actually useful items would become available:

Alchemy: Strong Troll's Blood Elixir, Potion of Curing, Minor Magic Resistance Potion

Blacksmithing: Silvered Bronze Shoulders, Heavy Weightstone, Heavy Sharpening Stone

Enchanting: Enchant Boots - Minor Stamina, Enchant Chest - Health

Engineering: Gnomish Universal Remote, Heavy Dynamite, Shadow Goggles

Herbalism: Kingsblood, Wild Steelbloom, Grave Moss

Inscription: Strange Tarot (Swords deck, lvl 20 shoulders), Tome of the Dawn, Book of Survival

Jewelcrafting: Heavy Stone Statue. (Most jewelry too high level, grr)

Leatherworking: Fletcher's Gloves, Nimble Leather Gloves, Toughened Leather Armor, Deviate Scale Belt

Mining: Smelt Iron, Iron Deposit

Skinning: No change?

Tailoring: Phoenix Pants, Phoenix Gloves, Spidersilk D*%%%, Spidersilk Boots, Bolt of Silk Cloth

Would this minor, minor upgrade effect gold farmers (presumably the reason for the cap)? Yeah, but not by much. But people playing on trial accounts would actually see some reason to invest time into professions and even get some perfectly level appropriate rewards out of the deal.

Plus, it'll help out the twinks....
Edited by Briomartis on 7/31/2011 7:20 PM PDT
If you buy the game you can level your professions all you want!
07/31/2011 07:20 PMPosted by Bavra
If you buy the game you can level your professions all you want!

Indeed. Trial vs. full game purchase.

This is not a F2P, make no mistake. If you would like all the perks of the game, it's time to ask ourselves if the price is worth it to you. I might like to think yes, if you feel the need to make posts about it.

It is for us regulars who continually see these types of threads pop up in the wrong forums.
07/31/2011 07:17 PMPosted by Briomartis
No, it's level 100, and I have no idea why.

I'm certain it isn't because that level gives you a taste of what it's like to level a profession but leaves things you may actually want tantalizingly out of reach, providing motivation to upgrade to a paid account. That would be silly.
20 Human Hunter

The tradeskills are capped at 100 because anything higher requires you to go into zones where a level 20 couldn't survive.

Kingsblood and Iron Deposits are obtainable in Duskwood, Wetlands, and Ashenvale... all zones that have quests for level 20's.
85 Night Elf Druid

The tradeskills are capped at 100 because anything higher requires you to go into zones where a level 20 couldn't survive.

Kingsblood and Iron Deposits are obtainable in Duskwood, Wetlands, and Ashenvale... all zones that have quests for level 20's.

Duskwood, Wetlands, and Ashenvale are all level 20-25 zones, which are above the level cap for the trial. Nice try, but take the hint and knock it off.
85 Troll Rogue
Along with the aforementioned reasons in this thread, Blizzard wants you to buy the game, so they dangle interesting things just out of reach of trials.
20 Troll Rogue
yah iama f2p twink and i want more skills my fishing is 300
60 Troll Hunter
08/01/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Hotskulyerl

Obvious troll is Obvious.
85 Tauren Druid
08/01/2011 11:23 AMPosted by Hotskulyerl

Yeah for some reason the secondary skills are not capped... haha like my cooking is at 115 and says "trial account limit 100" in red over the bar while I continue to get skill points xD

But seriously OP trial account is trial. You're not paying Blizz to play their game, and you're not going to see any changes in your favor.
11 Orc Hunter
<<<< FTP account.

It will never happen. 100 gives a taste for crafting to people and lets them try it out.

It would be nice to get AH access. Even 1 transaction per day so "true trials" can see how it works. Plus, with a 10gp limit, its not like you can transfer gear via the AH. Putting a 100gp+ twink item for sale for 10gp or less and it will be sniped by someone else.
85 Tauren Shaman
buy the game its like 5 bucks
11 Orc Hunter
08/02/2011 01:43 PMPosted by Gurbz

I did........................... wanted to do something different.

Sick of chasing the endless carrot with every change of the pvp season.
90 Night Elf Rogue

um it is cheap but not 5 bucks (try 25 or so) not to mention once they upgrade to a full account they have to keep paying a monthly fee to keep playing, a cheap $15, but it still costs money.
85 Tauren Druid
Oh yeah ,this guy totally pays for his own account he's so knowledgeable of the price xD

08/02/2011 02:10 PMPosted by Thurghul
Sick of chasing the endless carrot with every change of the pvp season.

I hear ya and agreed. 371 thing killed it for me lol.
60 Blood Elf Paladin
I find the limitations quite liberating. Rather than focusing on squeezing every point out of every item I find I can leave it on the field. No more sewing countless bracers. No more disenchanting magic items. No bank alt. No mail. No farming. No wasting time I'd rather spend in dungeons and battlegrounds.

20 is the new 85!
90 Human Mage
Upgrading the account is 20 bucks (has been that way since at least last fall) and that comes with 30 days of game time.
60 Troll Hunter
08/19/2011 07:42 AMPosted by Brightbrown
(has been that way since at least last fall) and that comes with 30 days of game time.

It's been that way for years. the original game has been 20 bucks since at least around the time wrath was released. People don't realize how cheap 15 bucks a month is.
20 Draenei Hunter

Duskwood, Wetlands, and Ashenvale are all level 20-25 zones, which are above the level cap for the trial. Nice try, but take the hint and knock it off.

This is a trial account and I've been doing quests in all those zones you mention.

But like others said, they won't raise it. Why should they? It gives you a taste to see what crafting is like, which is what they are trying to do.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]