Reasons to up trial trade skill cap to 125

(Locked)

- World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
08/29/2011 03:41 PMPosted by Aaheli
I think that for a number of us, it's really not about money. We own the game (all the expansions, even), but we want a different playstyle. We might even like to think that if we pay a monthly fee, we could look forward to new content for our level-capped characters. New level 20 bgs, new level 20 dungeons, new level 20 questing areas. It's true that eactivating our paid accounts would net us certain benefits, but if you really don't want to be sucked into the end-game carrot chase, giving Blizzard money that will largely go to providing new level-85 content isn't a very attractive option.

I like capping my own characters at certain levels as well, but I do not expect Blizzard to put time and effort into developing content for a specific level that only a small amount of players will stay at. Most players level to level 85 and play the current end-game content. It would be a waste of time and money to develop more level 20 content when most active subscribers won't even really partake of it, and the majority of players who will are trial, non-paying accounts. Why would I want the money I pay to go towards stuff that will be enjoyed primarily by non-paying people? I'm not here to donate my money for their benefit.

The game is NOT designed for you to sit at level 20 forever and get the same kind of playing experience as someone at end-game. The game is designed for you to progress your character and reach end-game. If you want an alternate experience of playing by capping your level, then you are free to enjoy that as much as the game allows you to. (I have a lot of capped characters at level 20 myself, and it's nice to slow down a bit and enjoy things at that level.) But I do not expect Blizzard to pander to a minority of players--most of them non-paying--just so people can enjoy some alternate playstyle. You work with the limitations you're given, and enjoy what you can.

For example, I have a character capped at level 32 right now because I want her to enjoy the current zone she's questing in without leveling. Should I demand that Blizzard cater to ME and design new dungeons, battlegrounds, quest chains, zones, and gear for that level? Should I demand they give me special talent trees that are better balanced for level 32, so that I get the full experience of that class at level 32? Why don't I ask for raids at level 32, so I can have a richer, more enjoyable gaming experience at that level?

If they do it for level 20, then they ought to do it for every other arbitrary level cap that players want to sit at. And do you see what a waste of time and an exercise in futility that would be to design a complete gaming experience for every single level in the game?

Quit whining about how you just want a better gaming experience at level 20, and accept the fact that the current game cap is level 85 and NOT 20 for a reason. Deal with it, or go play some other game that caters to your every whim.
20 Tauren Priest
Um, the lack of low-level patterns for caster druids and shaman affects paid accounts as much as it does trials. It annoyed me every bit as much that Blizzard didn't consider every spec worthy of crafting support when I was paying $15 a month, as it does now. While the message being sent to new and potential paying players is accurate: historically some specs have received much more attention than others, I wouldn't think that that message is one that Blizzard would really want to broadcast.

And it's not just players of those specs who are affected. If certain specs have less access to gear, that affects all of their teammates, trial and paid account alike, as well as the individual player.

This isn't about paid vs. trial accounts. This is about why should rogues, hunters, ferals, and enhancement shaman be able to make significantly more gear for themselves at these levels than resto and balance druids and resto and elemental shaman, regardless of account type. Knee-jerk irrelevance is irrelevant.

As for where Blizzard should put development money, I'm sure they have the numbers to know what levels/content folks are playing and to allocate development time accordingly. None of us wants to pay $15 a month and not have the money we pay go to support things other people want to do at the expense of the things we want to do. I think that a lot of the population loss beginning several months after the release of Cataclysm has to do with a lack of more casual, "fun" content. After 6 years some of us released that we not longer cared to spend our lives doing dailies. Certainly, Blizzard can market their game to whomever they wish--and we can decided whether the game they want to make is one we want to play. However, the notion that if restrictions chafe, we should either pay full price without expecting development support for our playstyle or quit completely hardly seems to be in Blizzard's best interest ...
Edited by Aaheli on 8/29/2011 4:24 PM PDT
20 Tauren Druid
08/29/2011 04:10 PMPosted by Aaheli
This is about why should rogues, hunters, ferals, and enhancement shaman be able to make significantly more gear for themselves at these levels

Because those levels are fleeting and, in the grand scheme of things, do not matter to the majority of players whose interest lies in end game. You can get the gear from quests and dungeons or level up and not even worry about it.

As Cery said, they're not going to go back and make sure everyone has the exact same experience for every level between 1-85.
60 Troll Hunter
Um, the lack of low-level patterns for caster druids and shaman affects paid accounts as much as it does trials.

No it doesn't we can level past those patterns.

If certain specs have less access to gear, that affects all of their teammates, trial and paid account alike, as well as the individual player.

I've played every ranged class in the game and good friends have played every melee class in the game. I've played healers they've played tanks. Everyone can gear. As Cerylia said it makes no sense for the Devs to focus on Low level gear that will be replaced in 3 levels...

resto and balance druids and resto and elemental shama

My Lowbie Resto Shaman had no problems gearing at level 10 or level 28 where she is now. Yeah she had to equip cloth but the point is the stats were just as good. And there is no bonus for wearing the "proper" gear type until level 50 anyway.
85 Night Elf Druid
Um, the lack of low-level patterns for caster druids and shaman affects paid accounts as much as it does trials.

WOAH.

WAIT.

STOP THE PRESSES.

You are suddenly unable to run dungeons, pick up a few pieces of PvP gear, or quest on your caster druids and caster shaman?

ALERT THE MEDIA.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Crafted items are not the only source of armor and weapons in this game. In fact (unless you are playing at the higher levels) dungeon drops, quest rewards, PvP honor gear, and world drops give you far better gear for a given level than anything a crafter of the same level can make.
Edited by Avanna on 8/29/2011 4:41 PM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
The only change I would see Blizzard applying to Starter Accounts is allowing the ability to receive Blizzard mail (from GMs or NPCs).

This would then fix the full-bag-at-end-of-dungeon issue, as well as allow GMs to send mail to Starter Accounts if they answer a ticket while the player is offline (though you can check these by going to the "Support" link at the top of the website).

As for the whole crafted gear situation, the whole 1-300 levels is actually pretty bad for most classes. It wasn't until 300+ (BC) that Blizzard finally understood what stats should benefit which classes. It wasn't until Cataclysm that Blizzard finally fixed quest gear (for the most part) for levels 1-60 (agility/spirit gear O.o). I had hoped that they would also go back and adjust the all of the level 1-300 crafted gear, but they hadn't.

Blizzard may adjust the patterns in a later patch, but I wouldn't hold your breath. They have always focused more on endgame content than anything else. I was actually surprised that they did revamp the 1-60 zones for Cataclysm. I am glad that they did, because they did need it, but it feels unfinished without a revamp for the 1-300 professions.
40 Night Elf Hunter
08/21/2011 10:19 AMPosted by Chapiktar
You seem to be really enjoying the game, so I assume that you can't buy it for some reason?

no money should be p2p in a couple of weeks, getting a job soon
18 Night Elf Hunter
It is only a matter of time until the Starter Edition limitations will be updated. World of Warcraft will be Blizzards launching ground for their next game. So wait long enough and your requests will probably be granted.
Edited by Califax on 8/30/2011 9:19 AM PDT
20 Tauren Druid
It is only a matter of time until the Starter Edition limitations will be updated. World of Warcraft will be Blizzards launching ground for their next game. So wait long enough and your requests will probably be granted.

^ Lies. They have no reason to provide more incentive to play the free version over the paid version.
Just buy the game, jesus. Its a P2P game, not a f2p game. If you want all these bonuses buy the game!! its not that hard.
60 Troll Hunter
08/30/2011 09:20 AMPosted by Tkatii
^ Lies. They have no reason to provide more incentive to play the free version over the paid version.

Sorry but is this an alt of a regular poster on here? Your writing style is familiar.
20 Tauren Druid
08/30/2011 09:27 AMPosted by Jilixx
Sorry but is this an alt of a regular poster on here? Your writing style is familiar.

Lol yeah it's Thunderkat, I'm just being too lazy to dig out my authenticator to log into my full account >_>
Edited by Tkatii on 8/30/2011 9:36 AM PDT
60 Troll Hunter
I thought so the

^lies gave you away :P
60 Troll Hunter
08/30/2011 09:34 AMPosted by Anurag
So I have to express disagreement with those who have stated in this thread that only endgame content is important.

We're not saying that endgame content is the only important content. We're saying for *most* players that's the priority. So because of this, Blizzard focuses their development team on that content. They have done lots of changes to leveling content. The shattering re-did everything 1-60 PvP brackets have been changed, Dungeons have been reworked to be less maze like. But non the less the majority of Blizzard players strive for endgame content. So that's where blizzard is going to put the majority of their efforts.
20 Tauren Druid
I thought so the

^lies gave you away :P

Rofl

I mean um... naw I'm actually Tkat's secret evil twin :o
Edited by Tkatii on 8/30/2011 9:44 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
08/30/2011 09:34 AMPosted by Anurag
So I have to express disagreement with those who have stated in this thread that only endgame content is important.

They didn't say that only end-game was important. They said that end game is where Blizzard focuses most of it's efforts for balancing the various classes and providing additional content (new raids, dungeons, zones, etc). Blizzard broke that trend recently and re-did the 1-60 areas just before Cataclysm was released to bring them in-line with the rest of the post-Deathwing story that you get to see after level 80 on the same continents.

I personally enjoy leveling and exploring on all my characters, unlike some of the more hardcore vets I don't race to get to level cap. But I also know that for the most part, the journey to level 80 will take me through old content that Blizzard hasn't touched since the time it stopped being current. I don't expect Blizzard to make changes to that content just to make ME happy as I'm going through it since I'm at a different level and in a new zone every day or so.
18 Night Elf Hunter
08/30/2011 09:20 AMPosted by Tkatii

"If another game comes along and blows us away it may not make sense for us to have a subscription fee. Or even further down the line, when we have another MMO out.”

-Tom Chilton, World of Warcraft Game Designer

Not saying it would necessarily be in the next 6 months or something, but it could happen.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]