Reasons to up trial trade skill cap to 125

(Locked)

85 Worgen Death Knight
Trust me... if Ice is gonna insult you, she's not gonna edit it out...
20 Dwarf Shaman
why would they do that? do you really think that blizzard likes the idea of trial account twinks???
85 Night Elf Druid
08/31/2011 05:57 PMPosted by Totemhehe
why would they do that? do you really think that blizzard likes the idea of trial account twinks???

Blizz likes the idea of giving paying players some cannon fodder in the 20-24 bracket *cackle*
85 Tauren Druid
08/31/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Icedragon
Blizz likes the idea of giving paying players some cannon fodder in the 20-24 bracket *cackle*

I keep getting this urge to turn my level 20 worgan hunter that I made purely to buy the alliance pets, into a level 24 twink hunter...

I blame you!
85 Night Elf Druid
08/31/2011 08:07 PMPosted by Selenic

I keep getting this urge to turn my level 20 worgan hunter that I made purely to buy the alliance pets, into a level 24 twink hunter...

I blame you!

Eventually the Newbie forum folks that are on Twitter are going to organize a twinking team. Just a matter of what thread makes it snap.
12 Blood Elf Paladin
Think about it this way, Blizzard has worked its butt off for so many years and they earned a considerable amount of money. It is too soon in the FTP Scene for you to be able to achive full member items. Most popular predictions is that wow is going to make the game completly FTP but I warn you this is not going to happen recently, you are going to have to wait a long time before you see yourself raiding as a level 85 without paying a dime. If you want to get the skills then you have to pay, its simple plus your supporting a game that you obiously want to keep playing if your on the forum complaining about a cap. If you want to play completly for free you should just go on a private server. (I do not support privatly made servers im just stating that they exsist.) Yet you shouldnt do that because Blizzard deserves the credit it should get for this game.
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/01/2011 12:00 AMPosted by Tomiix
. If you want to play completly for free you should just go on a private server. (I do not support privatly made servers im just stating that they exsist.) Yet you shouldnt do that because Blizzard deserves the credit it should get for this game.

Yes private servers do exist, but they are against Blizzard's ToU agreement and if blizzard finds out that you are using or hosting one they will ban your account. Private servers are notoriously unreliable and full of security holes (so you're machine could easily pick up something nasty from them). They are often several patches (if not entire expansions) behind in content as well. Patches and hotfixes often address bugs and glitches in the game, not just modify expansion content or add game features, so on a private server you could be missing several vital hotfixes/patches that address such things.

In short, NEVER use a private server, the problems and detriments they pose FAR outweigh any benefit you could have by using them (and if Blizzard ever finds out you could lose your account for good).
12 Blood Elf Paladin
Also they arent really that amazing, a few of my friends who used to play WoW tried to get me hooked on WoW by granting me accses to a private server, when i asked all who played it they said its just the four of them. Most of the time they lack population and whoever hosts them are to lazy to do a manual patch of a bug, so sometimes after awhile they become unplayable, litteraly a month after them telling me about their server they shut it down because they lost intrest and it completly destroyed there computers. So you have a choice pay for a reliable Wow and get to be apart of a great comunity or play in the scums.

After hearing about this trial I jumped on it to try it again as my intrest was renewed by other MMOs, although I enjoy the lore i'm not sure im going to continue to play, but I have always had some sort of interest, so im going to work up to 20 farm like crazy for a mount ride around like a boss and enjoy it. And I'm not going to complain.
Edited by Tomiix on 9/1/2011 12:23 AM PDT
20 Dwarf Shaman
08/31/2011 05:59 PMPosted by Icedragon

idk about other realms but on mine nearly all in the bracked are trials
3 bgs 30 total people 27 non me people 1 lvl 24 out of all 27 others
85 Tauren Druid

I'm fairly certain all realms and battlegroups are connected now for dungeons and battlegrounds.

Also, it depends completely on the time of day when non-trials are on. Most people will play their high level mains during the week (for raiding, arenas, etc.) and then play lower level alts on the weekends. Twinks also set up battlegrounds for certain times of the day, on certain days, so they are more likely to be paired with and against other Twinks and not just F2P Twinks.
20 Tauren Druid

Had to read this a few times to get a cognizable meaning out of it.

At any rate realms have little if anything to do with battlegrounds. You will note that when people speak they have different words after their names, they are on different realms. Realms are grouped into battlegroups but are not limited to them; if there is a shortage of players in a game then they move people from other groups to compensate. At something as limited as the 20-24 xp off bracket there probably aren't enough people in a single battlegroup so what server you're on shouldn't come into play much as far as group composition, no matter what realm you'll probably end up in the same place.
Edited by Tkatii on 9/1/2011 5:25 PM PDT
20 Dwarf Shaman
i thought that there were about 5 realms per group that you bg and dungeon with
09/01/2011 06:56 PMPosted by Totemhehe
i thought that there were about 5 realms per group that you bg and dungeon with

Wonder no more:
A Battlegroup is a group of realms whose players can face each other in arena matches. Previously, battlegrounds and Dungeon Finder instances could only bring in players from the same battlegroup, but Blizzard has removed this restriction in US realms and is in the process of removing it elsewhere.

Even once Battlegroups are eliminated, players will still be bound by their region (e.g. US players cannot group with or play against EU players) and language on the EU realms. However, language only applies within a team; for example, a French-speaking Alliance team may face a German-speaking Horde team.

Also, there are a lot more than 5 realms per Battlegroup.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Battlegroup
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]