#2Buyers beware:The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

90 Human Paladin
Posted by Sylvaenys
"Unacceptable considering that the tooltip was only changed in-game today. I've been waiting to see what Blizzard's "resolution" would be to this issue before figuring out what I would do about it, so of course didn't ask for restoration within 24 hours of having it made (and then figuring out that they did the bait and switch, yet again...)."

??? at underlined, It still shows as 3.80 3006TED to me. Last thread had a guy showing it's proper stats and he found out it was an addon.
100 Human Paladin
Good thing I still had my Ashkandi or I might be without a back up weapon after this huge "we changed our mind, the stats were a mistake" issue. My request for a mat refund for this misleading weapon was denied about an hour after my request. Although I didn't receive a message in-game telling me that. They just deleted my in-game ticket and gave no indication if the matter was resolved or not via the in-game ticket system or the in-game mail. I had to find out by logging into my b-net account to see the response about it. I would just like to know from blizzard(if the stories about some GMs refunding mats are true). Why did some people get the mats restored while others did not? If it is true that mats were restored to some. Then I find their policy in regards to these huge mistakes made them to be extremely inconsistent and in poor taste. Either way, this is just another issue with this game that has soured me on my time playing this game.
85 Night Elf Warrior
Forget it. You're wasting your breath.

2-hand weapons not acquired via raiding or rated PvP matches are intended to suck obviously, performing at least a 1/2 tier below the stats they posses. But...ONLY 2-handed weapons. Caster weapons, healer weapons, dps 1-handers, 2-hand stat sticks? Those all perform at a level representative of their item level.

Yup. Because Blizzard says so.
100 Draenei Paladin
It's funny how some 359 weapon like ashkandi are clearly superior to a 365 weapon. Wile ALL other crafted 365 are a direct upgrade from their 359 counter part.

GJ screwing us over... really that was professionally done. Misleading a bunch of people in crafting/buying it with fake stats then, ''crafted 2h bs weapon somewhat good?! NERF trololol, working as intended''

That's with out talking about the fugly model.
90 Dwarf Paladin
This sword needs to get buffed or have the ilvl change to 359 since that's whats it's suppose to be according to blizz.

I believe the correct ilvl change should be to ilvl 346 not 359.

Everything about it is correct for i365.

The problem is that the 3.5s weapon speed makes it such a minor upgrade over a i359 weapon that it is all but worthless. All the other i365 weapons seem to be intended as stepping stones for normal raiders from T11 weapons to T12 weapons.

The i365 2 hander is, instead, a weapon seemingly aimed at new players who don't have access to T11 yet. The problem is that the mats are hugely expensive and out of the range of new 85s who would have a much easier time farming for a PvP weapon (the i359 quickly or the i378 in 5-6 weeks in the long run) or the better BoE archaeology weapon.

One of the oddest things about blizzards reasoning behind this whole mess is that it is utterly cancelled out by the archaeology weapon being better.

It's funny how some 359 weapon like ashkandi are clearly superior to a 365 weapon. Wile ALL other crafted 365 are a direct upgrade from their 359 counter part.

GJ screwing us over... really that was professionally done. Misleading a bunch of people in crafting/buying it with fake stats then, ''crafted 2h bs weapon somewhat good?! NERF trololol, working as intended''

Askandi isn't better, as I point out above the problem is that it is such a small upgrade as to be worthless.

EDIT

Please increase the post limit on the original thread as the blue tag by it will keep it upfront and keep people aware of this mess.
Edited by Zamm on 7/29/2011 12:11 PM PDT
85 Orc Death Knight
Or this thread :) You beat me to it.
85 Orc Death Knight
07/29/2011 12:08 PMPosted by Zamm

I believe the correct ilvl change should be to ilvl 346 not 359.

Everything about it is correct for i365.

The problem is that the 3.5s weapon speed makes it such a minor upgrade over a i359 weapon that it is all but worthless. All the other i365 weapons seem to be intended as stepping stones for normal raiders from T11 weapons to T12 weapons.

The i365 2 hander is, instead, a weapon seemingly aimed at new players who don't have access to T11 yet. The problem is that the mats are hugely expensive and out of the range of new 85s who would have a much easier time farming for a PvP weapon (the i359 quickly or the i378 in 5-6 weeks in the long run) or the better BoE archaeology weapon.

One of the oddest things about blizzards reasoning behind this whole mess is that it is utterly cancelled out by the archaeology weapon being better.

Askandi isn't better, as I point out above the problem is that it is such a small upgrade as to be worthless.

EDIT

Please increase the post limit on the original thread as the blue tag by it will keep it upfront and keep people aware of this mess.

Agree w/edit.
90 Human Paladin
EDIT

Agreed
/p Make it so
70 Tauren Druid
70 Tauren Druid

We have it parsed several times about 25-50dps lower. Not once did it outperform it.
85 Human Warrior
Also, as a side note, opening a ticket leads to this thread, as the GM cannot do anything. "It was a change done by our the dev team and they don't want us refunding for any changes"

*Looks like my 15,000g worth of mats for two swords and enchants are just going to sit im my bags. Thanks Blizzard
70 Tauren Druid
EDIT

I'd like that as well, but I really doubt it'll happen. : /
Original thread -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2878698161#1

Anyway, I sympathize with those unfortunate enough to have obtained MED. I hope Blizzard realizes that investing in a weapon is every bit as equal to PvP gear (fiasco). Bumping for resolution.

I doubt anything will be done since it only effects a small margin of players unlike the pvp change.
70 Tauren Druid
07/29/2011 12:33 PMPosted by Wichita
"It was a change done by our the dev team and they don't want us refunding for any changes"

Good thing they don't care about their customer service. My camels back is starting to break. I don't see it taking many more straws.

This whole expansion has been a big pile of OOPs.
85 Orc Death Knight
updated my OP to point to this thread for continuation.
90 Dwarf Paladin

I'd like that as well, but I really doubt it'll happen. : /
Original thread -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2878698161#1

Anyway, I sympathize with those unfortunate enough to have obtained MED. I hope Blizzard realizes that investing in a weapon is every bit as equal to PvP gear (fiasco). Bumping for resolution.

I doubt anything will be done since it only effects a small margin of players unlike the pvp change.

3 very popular classes. Around 35% of players have a spec that should want this weapon (of course not all of them want it). I might hazard a guess that that is potentially a higher number of players than got affected by the honor mess up.
85 Night Elf Warrior
07/29/2011 12:24 PMPosted by Firestyle
caveat emptor

It's not like this information is immediately apparent to anyone BUT Blizzard. It's been 3.8 since it was first added and then silently, without a word to ANYONE it gets adjusted to 3.5 AFTER the item information has been distributed to every game client.

-edit- The only people who could have known were people data-mining and that's gotta a sketchy AT BEST track record of getting information right.

In any other situation this would be called fraud and be grounds for legal action and there isn't a court any where the world that would rule this "fair play".

To add insult to injury, their whole justification for the change is about as foul as rotting fish. Not only is it trite, but it's also ONLY applicable to this ONE weapon.
Edited by Feandel on 7/29/2011 12:45 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
so errrr...is it stupid of me since i got it made....disenchanted my chogal axe...slapped a landslide on it....?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]