#2Buyers beware:The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

90 Tauren Warrior
Forget it. You're wasting your breath.

2-hand weapons not acquired via raiding or rated PvP matches are intended to suck obviously, performing at least a 1/2 tier below the stats they posses. But...ONLY 2-handed weapons. Caster weapons, healer weapons, dps 1-handers, 2-hand stat sticks? Those all perform at a level representative of their item level.

Yup. Because Blizzard says so.

Not the point. The tooltip says it was a 3.8 with X damage-damage. The item when made was something different. So people got screwed out of mats. Thats pretty much 90% of peoples beef with this issue. Its season 10 PvP honor gear all over again, but in reverse.
91 Tauren Druid
Not the point. The tooltip says it was a 3.8 with X damage-damage. The item when made was something different. So people got screwed out of mats. Thats pretty much 90% of peoples beef with this issue. Its season 10 PvP honor gear all over again, but in reverse.

I guarantee you over 90% of the people that made/bought this sword would still have done it if it was always 3.5 speed. This thread is the whining minority that track things to this extent.

Edited by Ntah on 7/29/2011 1:55 PM PDT
94 Night Elf Rogue

2-hand weapons not acquired via raiding or rated PvP matches are intended to suck obviously, performing at least a 1/2 tier below the stats they posses. But...ONLY 2-handed weapons. Caster weapons, healer weapons, dps 1-handers, 2-hand stat sticks? Those all perform at a level representative of their item level.

That's not really a good comparison. All throughout the PVP gear fiasco, no one ever bought something they didn't intend to. People waited until conquest gear could be bought with honor, and then they bought it with honor, getting exactly what they expected. Yeah, they released better gear in a week, but it's not like they didn't get what they thought they were getting.
90 Draenei Warrior
For me, it's not so much about stat-crunching as it is about the principle. I didn't get what I was supposed to be getting. There isn't really any argument that changes that fact. The reasoning behind why it is being changed to 3.5 belongs in a project review meeting, not after it has been released. The ethical thing to do would be to make some sort of equitable exchange or compensation. That's just good business practice.

P.S. Please fix the targeting bug. Pretty please.
91 Night Elf Death Knight
07/29/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Ntah

I guarantee you over 90% of the people that made/bought this sword would still have done it if it was always 3.5 speed. This thread is the whining minority that track things to this extent.

I'm not one of that 90% you speak of. I wouldn't have had it made to replace the Blade of the Fearless, because for the mats and the gold I spent, it wasn't enough of an upgrade.

That's the point, it was a pretty good upgrade, until the truth about it was revealed. Now Blizzard needs to suck it up and do right by those of us who have purchased it, crafted it, or paid to have it crafted with our mats.
90 Tauren Druid
And for people who want a 378 right now, just go to the AH and pick one up. It's RELATIVELY easy and not cost prohibitive

/look in my backpack. 5404g.

/look on the AH for Ranseur of Hatred. 75000g.

/cry
85 Human Warrior
Stats are showing correct for me now too. Didn't they tell us on the bug forum that it would require a client patch?
85 Troll Warrior
07/29/2011 01:54 PMPosted by Ntah

lolno.
100 Draenei Paladin
I absolutely love how Blizzard has just told us to suck it on this issue, that's stellar customer relations right there.

Yet they don't explain why NONE of the other craftable weapons get the same treatment as the 2H Strength Weapon. They are all of equal power to the original stats of the Masterwork Elementium Deathblade.

No it's "We're sorry we felt that the 2H Strength weapon didn't need to be equal with the other craftable weapons or even equal with weapons from the last tier, here's an updated tooltip to show how much it now sucks, sorry for all of you who wasted the hours and hours of time on it, or the thousands of gold, or hordes of expensive mats. Tough !@#$, have a nice day."

This is the PVP gear fiasco all over again, except for this time Blizzard just tells everyone to suck it.

It's been getting worse and worse since Cata launched, I wonder what will be next.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/29/2011 2:17 PM PDT
80 Tauren Druid
wut
/look in my backpack. 5404g.

/cry

Okay, not trying to be a jerk here, but give me a break.

On Kel'Thuzad, the following are currently for sale:
Ranseur of Hatred: 26K gold
Chelley's Sterilized Scalpel: 27K gold
Spire of Scarlet Pain: 23K gold
Lava Bolt Crossbow: 18K gold

All 378s that require NO raiding and are reasonably priced.
Edited by Kipling on 7/29/2011 2:41 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Warrior
"Suck it, Trebek! Suck it long and suck it hard."

You didn't catch the hint of sarcasm in that huh? It's a crap *** answer to a crap *** problem. All the other 365 items are superior to their 359 counter parts. All of them. EXCEPT for this one sword. Why? Because Blizzard says so.

-edit-

And I've got a few choice words that would accurately describe the actions revolving around this change and the reasoning behind it. Words that I won't voice here.
Edited by Feandel on 7/29/2011 2:24 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Whats funny is you probably could join a pug and get the 2h ax from Shannox easier then you could get enough gold to buy this sword.
92 Goblin Death Knight
07/29/2011 02:00 PMPosted by Minotaurum

Firelands trash is simple, you can easily 3-4 man most of it... some people can solo it.

My 5-6 man I go in with has already seen 4x Ranseur of Hatred...

07/29/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Triad
Stats are showing correct for me now too. Didn't they tell us on the bug forum that it would require a client patch?

That is what they said; and my response is still... why have they not one-shot fixed the other tooltip errors then?

07/29/2011 01:47 PMPosted by Melisaran
The hyperbole in this thread is amazing...

I should have taken a screenshot of the GM conversation so you would know that it is not hyperbole...
Edited by Kahk on 7/29/2011 2:35 PM PDT
90 Tauren Warrior
You didn't catch the hint of sarcasm in that huh? It's a crap *** answer to a crap *** problem. All the other 365 items are superior to their 359 counter parts. All of them. EXCEPT for this one sword. Why? Because Blizzard says so.

-edit-

And I've got a few choice words that would accurately describe the actions revolving around this change and the reasoning behind it. Words that I won't voice here.

Nope. Cause you made it sound awfully fanboiish. Which there is a lot of in the forums and these threads specifically as of late.
92 Goblin Death Knight
it's like workin all day at your job... yick.

It's like making out with a woman to then find out it wasn't a woman...
100 Human Paladin
Whats funny is you probably could join a pug and get the 2h ax from Shannox easier then you could get enough gold to buy this sword.

/cry

Hey! There is nothing funny about this man!

/equip Masternerf Failementium Lameblade
/tar wrist
/cast slash

90 Tauren Warrior
07/29/2011 02:30 PMPosted by Zumia

yes, you could. But trying to get a boss to drop what you want is like pulling teeth. When I made my 365 sword, we already had the fire spider on farm or was close to it, I cant remember. Anyway, I wasn't going to hold my breath that the tanking sword or another obsidium cleaver was gana drop.

if I had done that back in tier 11 waiting for maloriak to drop his mace instead of getting a soul blade from the AH, I would have suffocated.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]