#2Buyers beware:The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

90 Worgen Warrior
/cryHey! There is nothing funny about this man!/equip Masternerf Failementium Lameblade/tar wrist/cast slash

Would you rather use my Reforged Trollbane? It'll be more effective, oh wait I sold those to an NPC after I got my [Masternerf Failementium Lameblade]x2.
Really? Wow, this is just hilariously dumb. There are so many things wrong with how this was handled, that many people have pointed out, it's amazing how they thought this was the right thing to do.

In recap, if it's supposed to be on par with 359s:
1. Why is it not a 359?
2. Why is it worse than 359s, and more on par with 346s?
3. Why are all the other craftable 365s clear upgrades over 359s, when you say they're supposed to be on par. It looks like you're singling out this one item for no reason. It looks INCREDIBLY hypocritical.

Also, like others have said, why 3.5? That's just stupid when every other 2h str wep is either 3.6 or 3.8. Why break that?

They're 365s. They're supposed to be weaker than the normal 378s, but better than 359s. Is that really that hard to do?

All you had to do was make it 3.6 and give it a bit more min/max damage compared to something similar like Akirus, or 3.8 and give it a bit more min/max damage compared to something similar like Ashkandi. Of course change up the secondary stats.

Bam, it's better than 359, but worse than 378. BOY THAT WAS HARD!

Also, gj on hotfixing the tooltip. That was really smart......
100 Draenei Paladin
07/29/2011 02:46 PMPosted by Roleon
/cryHey! There is nothing funny about this man!/equip Masternerf Failementium Lameblade/tar wrist/cast slash

Would you rather use my Reforged Trollbane? It'll be more effective, oh wait I sold those to an NPC after I got my [Masternerf Failementium Lameblade]x2.

Don't you love how Blizzard can scam people and it's okay?

I'd open a ticket to get your old weapons back, I'm sure the server GM's will be busy with request for this bait and switch sword incident for weeks.

In recap, if it's supposed to be on par with 359s:
1. Why is it not a 359?
2. Why is it worse than 359s, and more on par with 346s?
3. Why are all the other craftable 365s clear upgrades over 359s, when you say they're supposed to be on par. It looks like you're singling out this one item for no reason. It looks INCREDIBLY hypocritical.

These points can't be stated enough.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 7/29/2011 2:58 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
Ya know what I just noticed?

I love how for one thread Paladins and Warriors can get along with each other ;)
85 Orc Death Knight
Ya know what I just noticed?

I love how for one thread Paladins and Warriors can get along with each other ;)

lol nice. Dk's too!

2-hand weapons not acquired via raiding or rated PvP matches are intended to suck obviously, performing at least a 1/2 tier below the stats they posses. But...ONLY 2-handed weapons. Caster weapons, healer weapons, dps 1-handers, 2-hand stat sticks? Those all perform at a level representative of their item level.

That's my observation also. The tanking one, for example, is really good. The healer mace - good. The others? Not sure (not having geared characters that might want them, I haven't looked), but I haven't been hearing howls of outrage about them being bad and the gun seems popular. The 2-hander, though? The only people buying them are replacing i346s and i353s.

EDIT: Also, if it was a 3.6 speed weapon it'd be an upgrade over the i359 3.6s weapons without completely over-shadowing the Ashkandi and Zin'rohk. At 3.5s it's insulting.
Edited by Sharrow on 7/29/2011 3:14 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I have tested the weapon out since the change, and I do not agree with the changes. The difference between the crafter 365, and the weapon off Cho'gall is ~100 dps. for the amount of effort for getting the mats, either sitting on 8 days for CD on truegold, or buying the truegold, and doing the dailies for 3 weeks before getting the pattern, it should definitely out-perform any weapon from the previous teir. If it is too powerful compared to the weapons in firelands, then maybe those weapons should have their damage increased. I would like Blizz to stop creating reasons for me to stop playing my paladin.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So do 2H weapons users do so much better DPS then non 2H weapon users they need to have a crappier 365 crafted weapon?
100 Draenei Paladin
07/29/2011 03:13 PMPosted by Xaden
I would like Blizz to stop creating reasons for me to stop playing my paladin.

I would like Blizzard to give some real reasons for this change instead of canned BS responses and maybe address the points in this thread.

Such as why the other 365 weapons didn't get the same treatment as the Deathblade and were allowed to remain superior to all previous tier weapons.

Why this weapon alone must be kept on par with previous tier weapons.

Why it was felt that it was too powerful compared to current tier weapons even when T12 weapons are clearly superior to the original incarnation of the Deathblade.

Why Blizzard let the tooltip remain that way for weeks fooling thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people into wasting hours and hours of time and gold and expensive mats on this now worthless weapon only to say "sucks to be you" when it's changed.

Did you tell the people who bought PVP gear under false pretenses "sucks to be you" ? No, no you did not.

This is complete BS and a huge middle finger to the consumer base. But it's Friday and the weekend for old Blizz, they'll just let this rot and blow over like everything else.

We just have to take it and choke on it more and more these days and get written off whenever we bring something to the companies attention.

Again, great freaking customer relations.
80 Tauren Druid
wut
07/29/2011 03:14 PMPosted by Zumia
So do 2H weapons users do so much better DPS then non 2H weapon users they need to have a crappier 365 crafted weapon?

No. For instance, Arms and Fury should be within 5%(?) of each other, but Fury pulls ahead with gear using 2 1H (SMF).

Also, we hope you like haste on your 2hander, cause you're definitely getting haste on your 2hander.

Well, you could go and mug Ragnaros. It looks like you'll manage that long before I do (if I ever do at all).

I guarantee you over 90% of the people that made/bought this sword would still have done it if it was always 3.5 speed. This thread is the whining minority that track things to this extent.

If I had not noticed the wowhead comments on it I'd have made it, thinking I'd be getting a 3.8 speed weapon (and thus a good upgrade). Fortunately I did, and thus I didn't make one (given how small an upgrade it'd be). Had I made one I'd be really, really pissed off. As it is I'm merely annoyed.

EDIT: We've killed Shannox 4-5 times, and the 2-hander has not dropped. The BoE healer axe dropped, and in trash we've seen the Ranseur once, and the caster dagger twice (both in the same run that saw the healer axe, oddly), plus a good number of trinkets, etc. Even if the axe does drop, odds are that there will be a couple of other people in the raid I'll be rolling against, or I'll be on my healer (shaman), so even if it starts dropping all the time the odds are I'll be waiting a while for the axe (or the 'any boss' sword, though with it's drop rate seeing that is not something to bank on).
Edited by Sharrow on 7/29/2011 3:39 PM PDT
100 Goblin Death Knight
...As it is I'm merely annoyed.

I honestly don't even care about the sword; what I do care about is that they obviously had the means to adjust the tooltip when they "hotfixed" the item... but it took them a whole month and 26+ pages of message board posts before they figured they ought to update the tooltip.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I guess its fitting that the weapon model is shaped like a certain shafting item that starts with a D and ends with an O.

one has to take 1 look at that sword and guess what did blizzard do with it and the rears of the players who bought it before the nerfs.

Next time blizz, a little warning would be welcome. The PTR lasted 3 months not 3 days. Nerfing craftables AFTER they go live because they are "Too good" is unaceptable.

I lost all my gold I've diligently farmed for the past 4 months in this blade.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
07/29/2011 12:36 PMPosted by Morphinrangr
"It was a change done by our the dev team and they don't want us refunding for any changes"

Good thing they don't care about their customer service. My camels back is starting to break. I don't see it taking many more straws.

This whole expansion has been a big pile of OOPs.

I agree. I didn't wanted to jump on the wagon of "CATA sux" because I've enjoyed it somewhat, but the number of times they've dropped the ball is getting embarrasing. And my patience is wearing thinner with each slip up
100 Goblin Death Knight
07/29/2011 03:40 PMPosted by Eithris
i'm still seeing the 3.8 speed and 3006 damage on the ones on the AH

When is the last time you opened the game from the launcher? I'd fully close the game down and start the launcher back up. If that does not work there is supposedly a way to fix it via deleting the cache files somewhere.
Yea WTF. This is bull!@#$.

Spent 14k on the weapon and 2k enchant, and now its basically the same as my other weapon. %^-*
100 Goblin Death Knight
07/29/2011 03:44 PMPosted by Kbomb
Spent 14k on the weapon and 2k enchant, and now its basically the same as my other weapon. %^-*

You should have looked on www.wowhead.com before making the item to ensure its stats were proper.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]