#2Buyers beware:The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
07/29/2011 03:46 PMPosted by Kahk
Spent 14k on the weapon and 2k enchant, and now its basically the same as my other weapon. %^-*

You should have looked on www.wowhead.com before making the item to ensure its stats were proper.

ohhh yhea great justification.

"Look bro' you can no longer trust what you see in game, see, the devs are so incompetent that they can't even write their own damn tooltips in the right way, or fix them before they break the hard-earned savings of thousands of players. Nope, what you gotta do, is be a forum-crawler on 5 Data-mining websites to be absolutely sure the tooltips are correct and you are not just trowing away all your money for a meager item"

yep. that'll work
100 Goblin Death Knight

You should have looked on www.wowhead.com before making the item to ensure its stats were proper.

ohhh yhea great justification.

"Look bro' you can no longer trust what you see in game, see, the devs are so incompetent that they can't even write their own damn tooltips in the right way, or fix them before they break the hard-earned savings of thousands of players. Nope, what you gotta do, is be a forum-crawler on 5 Data-mining websites to be absolutely sure the tooltips are correct and you are not just trowing away all your money for a meager item"

yep. that'll work

Hey! I am just telling you what an in-game Game Master told me days ago... While my post was not being serious, the response by the customer service agent was.
Edited by Kahk on 7/29/2011 3:59 PM PDT
sorry if I sound like a jerk, but I just burned 5 months of bitter work on this piece of crap for nothing, so being angry is a VERY understandable reaction for anyone.

hell I even made a topic about it and got deleted in 15 seconds (though that part I do understand, LOTS of angry people prolly wanna make topics about the same issue, so its best to have all complaints in 1 place where they can be better ignored)
100 Goblin Death Knight
... I just burned 5 months of bitter work...

Edit that to 4 weeks please; cause 5 months is a flat out lie...

But I get your pain... I was hoping for an upgrade too.
07/29/2011 04:02 PMPosted by Kahk
... I just burned 5 months of bitter work...

Edit that to 4 weeks please; cause 5 months is a flat out lie...

nope, not a flat out lie. I dont play very often, I just do my quests, and do some heroics each week and that's about it. the gold, ores, and volatiles I used to make this thing were the collective effort of my in-game sessions from march to this present day.
^^^ totally understandable

like I already got screwed over with the honor gear change, now Im getting screwed over with this weapon. What else is Bliz gonna screw us over next?
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Here's the latest reply to my ticket requesting return of my mats and gold:

Sadly at this time, we are not able to refund or unbind the Masterwork Elementium Deathblade. If you would like to see changes that may allow us to assist with situations such as this in the future, we would greatly appreciate any suggestions or feedback you may have for us. The best place for these comments will be on our customer service forums at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/

I'm tempted to just keep clicking "I still have a problem" over and over. What will they do, make it so I can't submit a ticket because they don't want to do the right thing and fix the problem so I'll stop? Blizzard has screwed us all AGAIN.
Edited by Sylvaenys on 7/29/2011 4:12 PM PDT
100 Goblin Death Knight
... nope, not a flat out lie.

So you somehow knew about this item 5 months ago? You might be able to say you started saving components for it about 3 months ago when it was first shown off.

And I can totally understand your pain then if you truely are that casual of a gamer; it would be a lot of work for someone that played very little at a time and the components meant everything to them.

07/29/2011 04:11 PMPosted by Sylvaenys
I'm tempted to just keep clicking "I still have a problem" over and over. What will they do, make it so I can't submit a ticket because they don't want to do the right thing and fix the problem so I'll stop? Blizzard has screwed us all AGAIN.

Don't do this. It is not worth the ban/suspension that will happen for abusing the ticket system.
Edited by Kahk on 7/29/2011 4:16 PM PDT
90 Gnome Warrior
This is easy math.

Blizzard is either acting out of spite or incompetence because the easy math disproves 100% of their claims regarding the supposed reason for the nerf and there is no complicated math to suggest otherwise.

And since this thing is still being sold in-game with an incorrect tooltip, and GMs are not refunding mats or doing anything to compensate those who were tricked into buying a 3.5 weapon, it only seems fair to leave it at 3.8 (for being so unprofessional about the whole thing) or finalize it at 3.6, which is still gimped, but at least performs a bit closer to the other i365s.

We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House. It wasn't intended to compete as much with current raid drops, as it felt weird that a strength-based DPS crafted weapon was more attractive than some of its counterparts.

But this is not true for the other i365 craftables, so why the unfair bias agianst 2H?

And for people who want a 378 right now, just go to the AH and pick one up. It's RELATIVELY easy and not cost prohibitive and you don't have to wonder if you got a decent upgrade. Oh, unless your spec only works with 2H. Then, you get nothing of the sort.

ya thats one of my fav's.. So the blue says they didnt want an weapon achieveable from the Auction house to be on par with raid drops.. YET every class has a boe 378 available from firelands..

Heck my server has a few of each on the AH right this moment if u wanna drop some gold.. seems they just dont want us having 2 handers.
90 Blood Elf Warrior

I still haven't gotten the canned, "Yeah, we stole the crap out of your gold and time, and no we can't/aren't going to do anything to make it right!" reply to my ticket yet. Sadly, I doubt there's any effective recourse after that point.

I think I'd even settle if they kept the terribad 3.5 speed and just made the secondary stats Hit and Exp -- I'm pretty sure every 2h Str user at least wants both of those stats. Would make it sting a *little* less.
Edited by Verz on 7/29/2011 4:20 PM PDT
100 Goblin Death Knight
... So the blue says they didnt want an weapon achieveable from the Auction house to be on par with raid drops.. YET every class has a boe 378 available from firelands...

The funny thing is the only people I made ilevel 365 items for was my guild's healers. Made 6 maces since healers get nothing from 378 BOEs. Everyone else who wanted an iLevel 365 was told no since they are not worth the mats/time to make.
Edited by Kahk on 7/29/2011 4:20 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Death Knight

Don't do this. It is not worth the ban/suspension that will happen for abusing the ticket system.

You're probably right. And I'm not a "cut off my nose to spite my face" type of person, but they've really pulled a lot of this kind of crap recently, and it's starting to add up.

/grumble
100 Goblin Death Knight
You're probably right. And I'm not a "cut off my nose to spite my face" type of person, but they've really pulled a lot of this kind of crap recently, and it's starting to add up.

/grumble

It's what happens when your next big project consumes the original team and you are left with the "leftovers" managing/developing your cash-cow.

It happened with EverQuest too; at some point someone will wake up and fix the issue.

It sadly happened with Star Wars: Galaxies too; and no one woke up there.
Edited by Kahk on 7/29/2011 4:26 PM PDT
100 Draenei Paladin

/grumble

Customer relations, they keep getting worse.
70 Tauren Druid

/grumble

It's what happens when your next big project consumes the original team and you are left with the "leftovers" managing/developing your cash-cow.

It happened with EverQuest too; at some point someone will wake up and fix the issue.

It sadly happened with Star Wars: Galaxies too; and no one woke up there.

The only time they will wake up is when the all mighty dollar starts dropping. China just launched. The pet/mount store is free money. Micro transactions are their steady stream of cash no matter how many people they loose.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This sword is weird it was showing 3.5 in the morning today, but now its back to 3.8. So which is it?
85 Gnome Warrior
07/29/2011 05:20 PMPosted by Zumia
This sword is weird it was showing 3.5 in the morning today, but now its back to 3.8. So which is it?

I just reset my cache again to see what I get, and it's still showing up as 3.8 in game. Can't be that difficult to get a tooltip correct can it?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]