#2Buyers beware:The 365 2h sword is 3.5 speed

91 Human Death Knight
"We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House."

What about 378 BOE FL trash drops that can be bought at auction? Either can be obtained with relative "ease".
So many inconsistencies with the explanation given by Blizzard concerning this weapon change.
What a cluster funk.....

oh ya, fix the targeting isssue ffs....how long as it been?
85 Dwarf Paladin
This is pathetic.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/844/wowscrnshot072911221613.jpg/

I don't care about the nerf, I care that most if not all of us spent ~15k and did not get what we paid for. It was a bait n switch.
Edited by Rumplesporf on 7/29/2011 7:19 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
This is BS, I sent in a ticket requesting reimbusement and the return of my original weapon (the axe from Chogall), the response from the GM was essentially

sorry, but they are not going to fix the item back to 3.8 and because of the expense of the item, they will not reimbuse me for the mats and gold.

So basically we are SOL.
Edited by Eiladin on 7/29/2011 7:23 PM PDT
80 Tauren Death Knight
Alot of valid points here, but I wonder how many of you will buy Diablo 3 or Titan? The same company will run and manage those games.

Do you really think things will be any different when you play them?

90 Tauren Warrior
This is BS, I sent in a ticket requesting reimbusement and the return of my original weapon (the axe from Chogall", the response from the GM was essentially

sorry, but they are not going to fix the item back to 3.8 and because of the expense of the item, they will not reimbuse me for the mats and gold.

So basically we are SOL.

They gave the PvPers back their 4000 honor points for a mistake of blizzards. People who got shafted cause of an erroneous tooltip should get the exact same treatment. Compensation.
90 Tauren Paladin
"We wanted this weapon to be roughly on par with weapons from the previous tier, since it can be purchased from the Auction House."

What about 378 BOE FL trash drops that can be bought at auction? Either can be obtained with relative "ease".
So many inconsistencies with the explanation given by Blizzard concerning this weapon change.
What a cluster funk.....

oh ya, fix the targeting isssue ffs....how long as it been?

Notice how 2H Strength is the one and only that doesn't have a BoE Raid Drop?

Yet there's how many 1H strength again?

I don't understand why 2H strength is the only class that gets shafted in BoE weapons. The only one is a sword that is much weaker than its counterparts.
Edited by Migina on 7/29/2011 7:25 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Here's the pic just took it couple min ago.

http://i.imgur.com/Rvg1V.jpg

It's back at 3.8 again, when it was 3.5 this morning. So are they going to change it or is it just another screw up.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Here's the pic just took it couple min ago.

http://i.imgur.com/Rvg1V.jpg

It's back at 3.8 again, when it was 3.5 this morning. So are they going to change it or is it just another screw up.

nope, its a screw-up.

basically, the tooltip is drunk. Its zig-zaging between the fake tooltip of 3.8 speed with 3k top damage, and the real tooltip of 3.5 speed with 2700 top damage.

but the actual internal stats of the weapon (regardless of the tooltip) is the nerfed version. You can confirm it by testing it against a dummy. Take a screenie of the combat logs, then wait till its back on 3.5 mode, do a test and u'll see the results are the same.

IF (and this is a big IF) they by some divine miracle decided to reverse the nerf and make the sword be what WE PAID FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE, they would had made an announcement. Just as they said an announcement about the honor reinbursement thingie.

But its unlikely we get any compensation for this. Its much harder to track who bought this thing and who didn't than it is to track how many people spent honor on that one week post 4.2 pre season 10.

Basically check my armory profile, I got the sword equiped and it says its 3.5 speed with the crappy 2700 damage.
Edited by Derah on 7/29/2011 8:02 PM PDT
91 Night Elf Death Knight
Yeah, I don't buy it that it's more difficult to track this. It's in the armory, all of it. The could fix it, and make everyone happy. There are even multiple choices for a fix, Blizzard just doesn't like to take responsibility for their actions and bad decisions lately.
70 Orc Warrior
What's wrong with it being a 3.5 speed weapon? Aren't many two-handed weapons 3.8?
90 Tauren Paladin
07/29/2011 08:09 PMPosted by Sylvaenys
Yeah, I don't buy it that it's more difficult to track this. It's in the armory, all of it. The could fix it, and make everyone happy. There are even multiple choices for a fix, Blizzard just doesn't like to take responsibility for their actions and bad decisions lately.

They say it was "overperforming"...

So what, they want to nerf it to the point that it isn't even worth getting now?

What happened to bringing it down a little so that it is on par with other 365 craftables? No, they nerfed it so badly that it is way below the value of the other 365s. My Alliance main has an Unbreakable Guardian.

I can't find a single reason why the Unbreakable Guardian is not better than the Soul Blade.

But yet, compare the Masterwork Elementium Deathblade to ANY 359 weapon.

Go ahead, do it.

"Barely an Upgrade", "Side-Grade" or "Worse than" is what you'll find.
90 Tauren Paladin
07/29/2011 08:12 PMPosted by Gakknor
What's wrong with it being a 3.5 speed weapon? Aren't many two-handed weapons 3.8?

Other than the fact that the damage done by the weapon is far, far lower than it should be?

lol.

There's zero 3.5 2H Melee DPS weapons in Cataclysm until now. They were all 3.6-3.8.

Why add a 3.5 now?

Why not make it 3.6 (like many of its peers)? At least that would have made some sense.

Ya, okay, 3.8 was too much.

But 3.5 is too low.

What's wrong with 3.6? We're not asking for the world here.
90 Draenei Paladin
yup no seeing the tooltip change and reading this explains why my dps went down. To be blunt the itemazation in this x pac blows mule c*** Blizz keeps pushing me haste and crit instead of the mastery I need and I just grin and bear it but come on bust my hump doing dailiees over and over again make my nice shinny new wep the morning I unlocked it thinking I'm getting an upgrade only to find out later it actually dropped my dps. Blizz we understand you either want pallies to tank or heal but some of us actually enjoy ret, so come on fix this colasal pooch screwing and cut us some slack.

If you would have been upfront with us I wouldn't have wasted the mats on this sword so now I'm out a pile of gold and have worse dps then when I started.
90 Tauren Paladin
yup no seeing the tooltip change and reading this explains why my dps went down. To be blunt the itemazation in this x pac blows mule c*** Blizz keeps pushing me haste and crit instead of the mastery I need and I just grin and bear it but come on bust my hump doing dailiees over and over again make my nice shinny new wep the morning I unlocked it thinking I'm getting an upgrade only to find out later it actually dropped my dps. Blizz we understand you either want pallies to tank or heal but some of us actually enjoy ret, so come on fix this colasal pooch screwing and cut us some slack.

If you would have been upfront with us I wouldn't have wasted the mats on this sword so now I'm out a pile of gold and have worse dps then when I started.

I know, right?

Haste Haste Haste Haste Haste Haste Haste Haste Crit Crit Crit Crit Crit Crit......

I'm sick and tired of Haste and Crit on every DPS Plate I see, and now the MED.

Okay, Blizz? If you're going to ram 3.5 speed down our throats, be a dear and change that Haste to Hit or Expertise?

Kthanks.

Oh wait, add a socket too, prz?

SOMETHING to make up for the total loss of raw DPS on this weapon?
85 Human Death Knight
This arguement seems so stupid..yes Blizzard should do something to help you guys get your mats back but complaining about such an insignifant dps drop is the stupid part.

Is there any progressive raiders that actually dropped their two hander from BwD of BoT and went into Firelands with this sword?? No...because any normal raider knows that Shannox drops and even better axe!

Some of you guys complaining about dps drops don't even freaking raid the current content!!

Save yourselves thousands of gold by just freaking run the nerfed BWD or Bot for a good 2 hander. Then try heroic Magmaw and you can get an even better weapon.
Edited by Silaruth on 7/29/2011 8:35 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC

unfortunately blizzard wants making the wrong choice an option. And doesn't want to make all items your best choice of stats because gearing would become boring and mundane because every upgrade would always be +20 primary stat +30 stamina +20 to your two favorite secondary stats.
They also tend to forget a few class/specs for a few slots when populating loot tables.

Also don't forget that other classes can use the gear/weapons that you can use. DKs like haste and I don't think it's too bad of a stat for warriors either. Just unfortunate that paladins avoid haste like the plague.
Edited by Tuesday on 7/29/2011 8:38 PM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
This arguement seems so stupid..yes Blizzard should do something to help you guys get your mats back but complaining about such an insignifant dps drop is the stupid part.

Is there any progressive raiders that actually dropped their two hander from BwD of BoT and went into Firelands with this sword?? No...because any normal raider knows that Shannox drops and even better axe!

Some of you guys complaining about dps drops don't even freaking raid the current content!!

Save yourselves thousands of gold by just freaking run the nerfed BWD or Bot for a good 2 hander. Then try heroic Magmaw and you can get an even better weapon.

What if your schedule doesn't allow for raiding?

What if you don't feel like trying the same boss for weeks on end, praying he'll drop one of the 359 weapons?

The MED is the one and only BoE 2H Strength, period. Everyone else gets 359 BoEs, 378 BoEs and 365 Crafted BoEs that don't suck. Why do 2H Strength users get screwed here?

Okay, let's say I did have a schedule that allowed for raiding the 359 raids... what happens if I kill (X boss here) 10+ times and he still didn't drop the weapon I wanted? Or wait... what if I'm not the only person in the raid who wants it? PuG raids, everyone rolls...

I have very sucky luck when it comes to boss drops... I don't feel like having to farm old raids for a weapon when everyone else can buy a pretty decent weapon from the AH.

It is like I am being punished for wanting to play Ret. Or my DK. What, I should be "DW Frost or Nothing"? Is that what this is now? WHat about my Warrior? "Don't you EVER go Arms or Titan's Grip"?
85 Orc Death Knight

I want you to take a look at my weapon. I've killed heroic magmaw 12 times, normal shannox once, heroic shannox three times, and ragnaros 3 times now and I have not received an upgrade to my weapon (and I have priority on one in my raid).

Having a weapon better than normal (and still worse than heroic T11 raids) is to ease the RNG factor of not having a weapon drop in raids, and is one of the reasons crafting is in this game.

I'm just happy I didn't sell my original wyrmbreaker. I spent 12k gold on this sword and found out it's WORSE than my wyrmbreaker. I found out it's worse because my own damage parses were showing a dps loss, so I investigated.

When I submitted a ticket and explained that I wanted my gold back in exchange for the sword (which was worse than my previous normal 359 mace), I was told I should have perused the forums before buying the mace because there are multiple threads on the topic.

I am not going to check the official forums every time I want to buy an item to make sure Blizzard's own tooltips are correct. That's absolutely absurd.
Edited by Hidon on 7/29/2011 8:43 PM PDT
90 Tauren Paladin
I'd also like to point out, that it'd be different if there was a BoE 359 or a BoE 378 (like everyone ELSE gets), then the crafted 365 wouldn't seem that important.

But, hey...

There's absolutely no BoE 2H Strength in any raid. None, nada, zilch.

Our only recourse, is to grind Archaeology for hundreds of hours praying for that stupid troll sword. Some players have sunk more hours into that, than I do my full-time job IRL and they STILL don't have it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]