BWL, Raiding, population, blizz intentions.

90 Human Paladin
Y'ello iam anew formerly anewgenre in burning crusade. This is detail and explanatory view of BWL and the problems that plauge BWL and the changes that have taken place from a player whos been playing since the start of BC. To start things i started playing in BC my brother was and is in the army and asked me to start playing this game with him. MMORPG was nothing new to me i been playing games since nintendo/sega days i played FF11 for 2 years prior to joining my brother on WoW.
On FF11 i was also a paladin, anyways my first guild was with my brother and his army buddies the guild was FoodStamp Millionaires was a layback guild and we just helped one another. I reached end game lvl at that time which was 70 and i wanted to do one thing, be the best tank paladin on BWL, at the time the game was young we were acourse small population realm not as bad as now but still small compared to the average realm. I later joined Bear cavalry and that was my introduction to raiding. Now things were very different than here are some key things that even effect the quality of players today. You could only do a heroic once a day because there was no random queues, you had to ask your guildiees and your friends and even tradechat to find fellow people to run dungeons with. Now if you were a bad player/baddie no one would want to run with you because you would waste ppls time and gold. So if you wanted to raid and wanted badass gear you take a good grp of pals and run all the dungeons or heros you possibly could. On top of that if you wanted to do a hero version of a dungeon you needed to be honored with that faction of the dungeon meaning you would know the pulls/bosses and be experienced (have some sense of what you are doing).
So you got geared up doing a dungeon and got your blues and than find a grp to now run heros with , if your gear didnt drop , better luck tomorrow. On average if u were hardcore you would run like 5 heros or more in one day to get as much badges as you needed and would have to actually meet up at the SS(summon stone) n summon everyone. So you think you got what it takes to raid? Karazhan was your first stop it was the intro to T4 and basic raiding the encounters were fun and challengeing. Our guild was raiding Gruuls, mags, and kara. We were happy and progressing. Fast forward a few weeks or months i lost track and we go kaput i run heros like theres no tomorrow tryin to get the best badge gear available. At that time horde were actually good (homegrown horde not Xfer bring in ppl horde). Alliance had new and up and coming guilds ptba had just formed and Strips was solid, Crusdaers was owning and BleaCh was number 1. So i was running heros like nuts a member of BleaCh would run with me n noticed how dedicated i was and offered me a opportunity that changed everything on WoW for me. So i join BleaCh other former guildiees go to ptba or Strips, also some Xfer. No im not saying names. They have T6 on farm i run ZA as casual as other guilds run kara and do hyjal etc with them, times were great, memories i will never forget. Than Sunwell is released and barely any guild steps foot in. And this is were the quality of raiders/players made a lastening impact and how blizz handled things. Now during BC and maybe alittle into WoTLK if you raided you better be rdy to burn gold, you had to bring your own food, your own flask if u didnt you were bad. You had to make that effort if you wanted to raid. Those extra numbers made a difference in raids there was no hard modes the progression were the hard modes.
BC comes to a end and sadly so does the reign of some guilds on BWL, many guilds seeing how bad BWL is popuation wise Xfer off and some disband or go inative all together. Some players quit and some take breaks, i myselt take a small break. Now we fast forward into WoTLK. BleaCh Xfers off i being a loyal minded Xfer with them temporary , some of my friends still play and some dont, things lose their touch, im not happy with being in a hardcore guild with no social aspect i come back home to BWL lost achivements and dailies/quest. i dont remember if its before WoTLk or after but i had made a guild and let my brother hold onto to it incase n it was Venus n Mars. I take my guild back and started hosting ToC 10man and VoA's 25/10man with some help of officer cores of other guilds we take off the ground n become a raiding guild the rest is history. Part 2 below.
Edited by Anew on 8/1/2011 3:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is where the problems with BWL and things blizz has done to help realms as ours start taking notice. First of all WoTLK was the first real introduction to up to tier 10 man raiding, the loot wasnt great but it was a opportunity for the idea of a 10 man raiding guild to exist. So now guilds can thrive and prosper on small pop realms like BWL. Now BWL is small even on horde its small we all know u can pug stuff on large pop realms on a daily basis. You have this small realm and even smaller alliance population tryin to raid and even do world pvp such as Wintergrasp for VoA. So now you're limited in the quality of raiders to recruit , its not like a high pop realm were u can recruit former raiders from previous patches, its more like u got a batch of fresh 85's to recruit to show how to raid and what raiding is. During WoTLK there was no control on the true number of players in WG so horde would usually control it and outnumber us, meaning less pvp gear for alliance, which means more pvp for horde to kill alliance in WG, and even worse no pve gear for alliance to improve the quality of raiders who can seriously use the upgrades and frost emblems. There is a whole butterfly chain reaction effect here especially in a small realm like ours but iam not gona get into that in this post. Most of the time if alliance won WG it was because there was a large grp of guys who wanted to run 25 man VoA just more bad than the horde or it was 1am >_>. so here is the dilemma you got a constant number of alliance who Xfer out , quit playing yada yada , and you got a smaller number of players who start playing not knowing about enchants raids ventrilo the list is endless n hit 85 n want to raid. Blizz has tryed to help by making it easier for 10 man guilds to raid and really really thumding down this game for a casual player meaning its easy to obtain current Tier gear( you never have to step in a raid to get T12pieces), you dont need 40 to 25 guys to raid current item lvl. A quick example on how rapid things were chaning back in BC a handful of guilds saw Sunwell you had to be very good in a pro raiding guild, than in WoTLK its like everyone saw ICC and stepped foot in there no matter how bad/good you were or your guild. 10 mans are also designed to be easier for the limited classes that can be brought in as to a 25 man.
In a future post i can/will go into more details how the game has been made easier to pick up and play blizz tryin to help realms like ours(Merges were never gona happen), and whats for dinner tomorrow night. Any questions or comments hit me up on the game anew, i also got a livestream from time to time on justin.tv.com/anewgenre or just post here. Take Care BWL just making the best out of a bad situation.
Edited by Anew on 8/1/2011 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
The population of BWL really is awful. We lost a couple players back in January, and it took until May to recover. Now we have a solid 10, but if anyone ever misses its almost hopeless to get a pug . . . and 4 people in our group have 7 geared alts each so we could fit in almost any class/spec to our comp. I don't know how you all continue to pay your subscription on alliance if its this bad with 5X the population.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/01/2011 05:31 AMPosted by Clortho
The population of BWL really is awful. We lost a couple players back in January, and it took until May to recover. Now we have a solid 10, but if anyone ever misses its almost hopeless to get a pug . . . and 4 people in our group have 7 geared alts each so we could fit in almost any class/spec to our comp. I don't know how you all continue to pay your subscription on alliance if its this bad with 5X the population.

You bring up a really good point thank you for the comment. On alliance things are tricky there is a lot of runs using other guildiees alts in runs, or you just work with what you got. But pretty much pug runs for like BH are non existent. This is a weekly problem though, we slowly recruit new players we might pug or just new players all together. Some of our raiders just started playing in WoTLK or in cata but they caught up fast and are great assets. I think the trick is to not burn out your raiders.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/01/2011 07:24 AMPosted by Ròsencrantz
What is the point you are trying to make? Or is this just an autobiography?

Just a small viewpoint of the changes that has occurred on WoW and how they have effected BWL. The background i gave of me was just to explain how long i been playing and the exps i seen first hand.
Reply Quote
30 Draenei Shaman
08/01/2011 10:50 AMPosted by Anew
please be 85 so we can see some achievements or something to see how valid ur point is from exp. Otherwise gtfo or just be rdy to not be taken serious.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4439/enoughachievements.jpg

Does that work for ya?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
wait wait wait, what? <BleaCh> was number one on alliance side? For about 5 minutes, maybe. If that. And exactly how is making an extremely large and rather hard to read post like this have anything to do with "making the best out of a bad situation"?

As far as I'm concerned there is one good guild on BWL, as of late, and sadly Anew, you are not, never will be and never have been a part of that category. Go cry some where else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

please be 85 so we can see some achievements or something to see how valid ur point is from exp. Otherwise gtfo or just be rdy to not be taken serious.

nearly all of your wotlk raid achievements were earned after you reached lvl 85 and you've only killed 5/12 of the pre-4.2 bosses. so by your definition, does that mean your point isn't valid since you don't have experience?

you write out these ridiculously long posts on the forums at least once a month and it's always about the same thing. if you're going to continue to post these novels then for everyone's sake, PLEASE learn how to use the enter key to space out your paragraphs and write out what you want to say in a word document then run a grammar/spell check on it before copy/pasting it to the forums. you'll find that you'll get more honest responses and less trolling when people can actually understand wtf you're trying to say without getting a headache from trying to translate your posts.

Ok to rap this up with the trolls, this is forums, the average raider doesnt look forward or read forums on a normal basis but there is one type of player that does and love to just be a troll be bad or good. so ya acourse trolls are gona post here n try to get some reactions out but ill let you guys duke it out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

wait wait wait, what? <BleaCh> was number one on alliance side? For about 5 minutes, maybe. If that. And exactly how is making an extremely large and rather hard to read post like this have anything to do with "making the best out of a bad situation"?

As far as I'm concerned there is one good guild on BWL, as of late, and sadly Anew, you are not, never will be and never have been a part of that category. Go cry some where else.

Listen im not here to give u a history lesson on BWL but obviously you dont know anything. BleaCh was the best alliance guild during BC period. And Crowd Control was the best horde guild in BC. Now unless u actually know what ur talking about save us the time and dont post just because ur a troll and you have to post on every forum by impulse.
Edited by Anew on 8/1/2011 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
30 Draenei Shaman
Anew.

Please read carefully.

1) Just because we question your "skill" does not mean we are trolling.
a- There is absolutely NO proof of you knowing how to "properly" play this game.
b- When you make statements that someone needs achievements to have a "valid point" we are 100% in the right to point out your "exp" is not from a "valid" time frame/source.

Win u say u had done things yo, we can say u din do them until it was way easi bro. u r a faker [sic]

2) When we point out you write horribly, we are not trolling.
a- If your using a text based form of communication (forums / in game chat) you should really try to use proper spelling, grammar, and syntax OR provide a reason why you don't or can't.
b- I mean this with ABSOLUTELY no disrespect, but your posts make you seem like you have less than a 3rd grade education. Do you have a learning disability or maybe English is not your first language? We don't know. All we can tell is you write like a child.

3) "there is one type of player that does and love to just be a troll be bad or good"
a- You seem to think we're all trolls no matter what, and that no one else reads this forum...
THEN WHY DO YOU MAKE POSTS TO BEGIN WITH? If you don't want us to reply to your textual @%!* of logic, then don't post long winded, bloated, horribly written garbage that has no apparent point.

4) "Now unless u actually know what ur talking about save us the time and dont post"
a- Doing content when it's outdated is not "knowing what you're talking about"
b- Wiping in old content in "easy to get tier" does not count as "knowing what you're talking about"
c- You can't even show us how you "know what you're talking about" because reading your posts gives me the urge to crawl into a hole and cry myself to death.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior

Listen im not here to give u a history lesson on BWL but obviously you dont know anything. BleaCh was the best alliance guild during BC period. And Crowd Control was the best horde guild in BC. Now unless u actually know what ur talking about save us the time and dont post just because ur a troll and you have to post on every forum by impulse.

I've ACTUALLY been on BWL since the launch of BC, and I have NEVER heard of you, even as "anewgenrie" or what ever the hell your name is. Judging from the fact that <Noxious> has been on the server since, well, I came here. I can honestly say <BleaCh> was a top raiding guild, but no, not the best. I'm sorry to burst your little "BREACH BWL ALLIANCE FO LYFE" attitude, but honestly, these posts and rants make you look like a complete moron.

Edit: quote fail.
Edited by Steelygar on 8/2/2011 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I've ACTUALLY been on BWL since the launch of BC, and I have NEVER heard of you, even as "anewgenrie" or what ever the hell your name is. Judging from the fact that <Noxious> has been on the server since, well, I came here. I can honestly say <BleaCh> was a top raiding guild, but no, not the best. I'm sorry to burst your little "BREACH BWL ALLIANCE FO LYFE" attitude, but honestly, these posts and rants make you look like a complete moron.

Edit: quote fail.

woah woah lets get somethings clear horde and alliance never heard of eachother until the release of rerolling opposite faction on same realm, on top of that i couldnt care less if anyone knows who iam im just simply stating my past exps and how the changes have come to be. Another thing being great on this realm is not even worth braging about nowadays its like saying ur first place in the specials olympics there just isnt enuff players to compare to. All the serious raiders and pvpers have been Xfer or quit after each expansion thats why "whos the best <insert class>?" post are just a waste. On top of that im by no means a self proclaimed anything i just have a lot of exp, read blue forums, watch wow shows, listen to podcasts(webcast) i play this game more than i should but thats why iam still here on BWL its my home. Back to topic in BC BleaCh was the top alliance guild in BC and like most good guilds they Xfer not helping the real problem on BWL which is the lack of raiders and players especially on alliance. GL finding a woman gnome for holiday events. And steely just relax iam only stating this because back than you had to actually raid previous Tiers to raid the next tier you couldnt skip them you had to be full T6 or dam close to do Sunwell n not many guilds can say they downed a boss in sunwell during that time period, i myself was just a raider a backup tank for T6 content. the exps and knowledge gained are priceless. "We keep trying."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]