What is a Private Server

(Locked)

Hi i was wondering What is a Private Server exactly as well is it legal I tried to post before hand and it got deleted please don't for about a week at least because im just currious i see vids on youtube and was just wondering
100 Human Death Knight
They are illegally run servers that you should never consider ever associating yourself with. They are also a prime means to farm login credentials for real accounts so they can be stolen.
85 Human Death Knight
If your post got deleted it was likely Moderated/Deleted because bringing up private servers, I believe is a WoW TOU violation, that is why your thread was deleted. Private servers are ILLEGAL and not ran by battle.net, If someone suspects that you are running or on a private server it is a Permanently ban-able offense, some cases legal action is taken against the owner of the private server. Steer away from the subject.
Edited by Øáth on 7/30/2011 9:35 AM PDT
Support Forum Agent
07/30/2011 09:10 AMPosted by Xkeyon
Hi i was wondering What is a Private Server exactly as well is it legal I tried to post before hand and it got deleted please don't for about a week at least because im just currious i see vids on youtube and was just wondering

The use of private servers is prohibited by our End User License Agreement, and can result in account action, Xkeyon

We discourage the use of private servers due to frequent abuse and the increased likelihood of viruses and account compromises. Another reason the use of private servers is discouraged is because creating a quality gaming environment requires around-the-clock supervision by our specialized database and development teams this also requires us to have immediate access to our data centers. Moreover, this allows us to implement and analyze patches, upgrades and any other necessary back end maintenance as the need rises.

For further information you may wish to review the End User License Agreement:
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_eula.html

If you or anyone using your computer has connected to a private server on your computer, you will want to fully uninstall (including deleting of the entire World of Warcraft folder) and reinstall the game. Before reinstalling, though, I would recommend thoroughly scanning your computer in the event you picked up a keylogger, Trojan, or virus.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]