i miss vanilla anvilmar

85 Draenei Paladin
hybrid/ravage...ghenji drama...everything

-dormot.

hello to anyone who remembers me
Reply Quote
Wasn't Ghenji an online sexual predator? Also nearly everyone I've met who was in Hybrid is a terrible player.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
^ XD
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
TF
I miss good Ravage too. :(
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yea... somewhere between the end of Sunwell and patch 3.0, this server's community vanished completely. If I remember correctly, it was a short burst of server transfers that came in and wiped the place clean... followed by a mass exodus.

That... and a lot of the server's core just grew out of WoW at the same time.

Really though, this server was plagued by a lack of quality players and once server transfers were available for a small fee, there was no way the pool could ever grow or even be replenished for that matter. No one server transfers to a server with 2-3 mid-tier raiding guilds and stays... And no homegrown talent stays on a server where raiding spots are so limited.

Whatevs, let nostalgia be nostalgia.
Reply Quote
I joined the Anvilmar server the week it opened as a new player.

i was there for most of the drama you guys are talking about, though I was never in one of the big guilds. I started out in The Brethren, then moved on to Infiniti and finally ended up in Avalon.

I was a casual player and never a serious raider, so when my account was hacked about a year and a half ago and I finally managed to get back on the guild didn't want me back since I was having to start over again.

I still play on Anvilmar sometimes as Wulfgarrdson and see some familiar people around, but i'm mostly playing on RP servers now.

The Original Great Paladin Wulfgardson still sits dormant in some hacker's account now. Blizzard never did let me have him back.

The Ravage/Hybrid drama was epic for awhile, it was always cool to enter the trade channel and hear people going over the latest shenanigans.
Reply Quote
That was back in the days of LFG and global channels man. People actually used trade for trading back then.

Nostalgia fail.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
You mean ICC Ravage?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I miss Service Rendered and Stoic!! Good guilds!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
2 words, Contra Marines.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
imo the reason a lot of people left is the drastic changes to the game. By the 2nd BC patch everyone had epic gear, I mean everyone. To the people in Ravage and Stoic and other hard core guilds it was sort of an insult i think. I remember the first time I got my first epic, it was a real achievment after a long time of playing, and finally getting into a mid level guild. It used to be skill got you gear...now its time. It's not the same. btw, contra marines, um......

Also, much of the fantasy and exploring aspect is gone now.

I enjoyed failing and learning how to beat a dungeon. Very technical; long discussions on who does what and when. Now every pug expects to make it through a raid with no issues. It says something of how the game has changed.
Reply Quote
imo the reason a lot of people left is the drastic changes to the game. By the 2nd BC patch everyone had epic gear, I mean everyone. To the people in Ravage and Stoic and other hard core guilds it was sort of an insult i think. I remember the first time I got my first epic, it was a real achievment after a long time of playing, and finally getting into a mid level guild. It used to be skill got you gear...now its time. It's not the same. btw, contra marines, um......

Also, much of the fantasy and exploring aspect is gone now.

I enjoyed failing and learning how to beat a dungeon. Very technical; long discussions on who does what and when. Now every pug expects to make it through a raid with no issues. It says something of how the game has changed.

Well not every one can achieve such success that you've apparently had sadly.
Reply Quote
11/05/2011 06:17 PMPosted by Llakor
2 words, Contra Marines.

F Yeah Contra Marines.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It wasn't drastic changes to the game that made people leave Anvilmar. I remember when Anvilmar was a high pop server and you literally had to wait in long a** queue times just to get in to play the game. Hence when the free server transfers came along. In my opinion Burning Crusades was & is by far the best expansion to date , and guilds weren't upset that people were running around in epics...i mean could you imagine having to get 40 people (vanilla) together to raid ?? The switch to 25 man was a novel idea and every guild i'm sure were happy that raid size was reduced. Keep in mind that looking for group (cross realm) was not implemented yet and it was still trying at times to fill a 25 man raid. The only reason people were running around in epics was because of Kara--easy peasy 10 man raid. If people weren't running around with epics then THAT would have been a problem.
Edited by Aerodyn on 2/28/2012 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]