Tol Barad Battleground

I am writing to let everyone know that Blizzard (through their GM's) have told me that TB in Aman'thul is set up so that if you continue to win the battle the time taken to hold on to a base (defend) lengthens considerably while it shortens in reverse for attackers. Being on a realm 80% Alliance means that when they complain about not winning the battle their wishes are heard and complied with by their sheer numbers. Thus, once when we (Horde) were on an equal footing and easily held out the equal numbers of Alliance and time was the same at all times whether attack or defence, it was not surprising to see Blizzard listen to Alliance complaints about unfairness and not being able to beat Horde. Thus the changes to the battleground to ensure Alliance complaints are upheld. This is not a message of complaint. It is to set out the facts as verified by numerous GM's when I have asked. It is to forewarn Horde and let them know that clearly Blizzard have set this realm up for Alliance. Personally, I would suggest a ban on the battleground by Horde until the game was set up to an equal footing at all times, especially on Aman'thul. So, lets have a discussion about it..:). It will be interesting to see the number and forms of denial from both Alliance and Blizzard about this...keep questing well Horde.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/02/2011 11:23 PMPosted by Repedi
I am writing to let everyone know that Blizzard (through their GM's) have told me that TB in Aman'thul is set up so that if you continue to win the battle the time taken to hold on to a base (defend) lengthens considerably while it shortens in reverse for attackers.

Tol'barad is the same on every realm, and if a given faction controls it for too long, then advantages will continue to pile up on the side of the aggressors until they seize control of it.

This isn't a conspiracy. This isn't unique to any given realm. This isn't new.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
advantages?

here on shandris we win like 4? times a week...
Reply Quote
Community Manager
advantages?

here on shandris we win like 4? times a week...

After the faction who hadn't gained control wins a Tol Barad, the bonuses reset.
Reply Quote
Interesting as I pointed out. Denials about how "even" the battleground TB is for Alliance and Horde. BS again. Clearly they have not played on Aman'thul, a realm that is 80% Alliance and 20% Horde. As I said in my warning to those of you wanting to become Horde on Aman'thul, the odds are stacked against you and as predicted of course Blizzard denies any advantage to Alliance...lol. We win Tb, do not get that wrong and often, just interesting to see the denials coming in from an environment where they have admitted they respond to numbers rather than content. With an 80/20 ratio (remember that not all Horde are 85 by any means) clearly the more you have on your side the more you are heard...remember the loudest squeak gets the oil. Some substance in reply from you Blizzard rather than hackneyed old hoary chestnuts about things being so "even" when we Horde experience a very different scenario...:).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I prefer playing the underdog. Always an instant queue into TB.
Reply Quote
12 Tauren Warrior

This isn't a conspiracy. This isn't unique to any given realm. This isn't new.

Having said that and whilst I don't think Aman'thul is 80/20 Alliance/Horde (it is Alliance heavy but closer to 60/40 I think) I think the Horde that are there are better at PvP.

I say that because most nights during raiding time 6-12 EST Horde control BH more than their representation would suggest they should. I would suggest that is because their good PvPers are on during those times and by then the 'advantage' to the attackers has probably stacked up. Lesson for Alliance there is to get the PvPers on at 4pm EST to hand HB to the Horde so come 6pm or there abouts the sides are even again and numbers will prevail.
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Paladin
Horde wins quite a lot of Tol Barad over on Aman'thul. I've been on the losing (alliance) side of it all too often, it really depends whose playing. :P
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
So, a battleground where there are few (if any) numerical advantages is skewed in favour of the faction that, despite your experiences, actually loses more often than it wins?

Uh-huh.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
Horde does fine in TB.

I find it's pretty even, as far as how often each faction holds tb and for how long, even with the ally/horde ratio on our server.

and.
08/11/2011 08:28 PMPosted by Vähentää
Having said that and whilst I don't think Aman'thul is 80/20 Alliance/Horde (it is Alliance heavy but closer to 60/40 I think) I think the Horde that are there are better at PvP.

This, from what I've seen
Edited by Thawgasm on 8/23/2011 9:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Priest
I play Alliance on Amun'Thul also and it seems to me that when I am online at night time Horde always win TB. They appear to have better communication and skill than alliance and half the time I cannot even enter TB because so many alliance people are queing. I think that you must play at different times than me to see your result.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
The most reliable statistic I've seen (AH size) shows Alliance/Horde for us at about 2:1. I've also heard anecdotal evidence that we win quite a lot too, punching above our weight at least.
Edited by Krayonda on 9/1/2011 3:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]