A Brief History of Alterac Valley
AV weekend tomorrow. <3 I have been waiting forever.
Im loving it and dreading it.
I love AV, but people these days are too busy 'working' the game to actually have fun.
It's been nothing but fun for me so far. We even summoned Ivus yesterday in a turtle game. But we were winning, 200-10 reinforcements left when he was summoned, so he didn't make too much a difference. Still pretty awesome, though.
However, I am noticing a lot of things in the game are almost impossible to activate.
Cavalry, Ice Lord, Air Forces, etc.
We either need faster access to these, or some improvement to them at least.
You rescue the Wing Commander. After escorting this NPC back, you may go on a bombing run on the back of a windrider/gryphon for as many amounts of flesh you have. This bombing run travels up through the valley, but beware, you can be shot out of the sky by turrets (found at each bunker) and enemy pilots (NPCs and players).
- Back in those days the BGs were server only, mainly due to there not being as many servers online, so each server was more populated (mine was atleast). Having said that, it was way easier to get in the same game with guildies or friends. I miss the team work of old AV.
- Ninja'ing flags: Nothing better than myself (resto druid) and a few rogues going and killing a tower marshal and capping the flag then holding it. That siren would go off and then EVERYONE in the game would zerg that tower and the fights were amazing.
- This was kinda cheap, but the summon-to-the-back-of-the-map was fun just because the reaction it caused to the opposing team lol.
- 4 Mages + 3 healers + Other team turtling = HAHAHAHAHA OWNED!!! That was back when AoE was actually good hehe.
- Once you capped a tower, the NPCs stopped spawning, which made capping towers A MUST back in those days. Killing Galv/Bal was a must back then as well.
- The epic games. We had a game last almost a week on Mannoroth.... well it was several days. Lets just say almost a 'work week'. Id log off that night and back on the next day and be in the same game!!!
All in all, I miss it. However I'd warn that with the cross server queues I dont think it will EVER be as epic as it was. Back then you knew everyone on both sides in the game, or most of em. I think that added a little to the magic.
10/25/2011 05:19 PMPosted by RighteousqtBattlemaster is a very hard title to get. I understand this thats why ive been working so hard to get it, however im finding the AV master achivment damn close to impossible to get due to the fact everyone always just rushzerg for a quick loss or win.. no one ever defends getting 50 tower defence is doable but very hard due to the fact that most of the time im the only one trying to go for them i am the only one 33/50 times i have been lucky and defended a tower when only 1 alli was defenfing the cap i am patient and will get that achiv soon enough but getting the perfect win? capping all alliance powers while not letting alliance cap i single one of our towers or kill galv? at max level i dont see myself getting this achiv any time soon or ever if people just keep on zergrushing.. thats why i wont the old av back.. or just take drek and van out of AV all together so people MUST def towers and generals to win.. overall its a really lame bg :(
Yes it is very hard to get Battlemaster, you have a 2/10 chance for random but for a guild or a group you made 7/10 you got a better chance to get all the achievements in AV.
And i say it's hard to get a 30-40 people to do AV.
Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.