A Brief History of Alterac Valley

100 Human Hunter
Foury you are my hero for pushing this so hard. I've read all your threads and and overcome with nostalgia everytime.

Please Keep this up Foury. And to everyone posting and supporting, keep it up as well.
Down with PvW
85 Orc Hunter
08/03/2011 08:10 AMPosted by Angbron
It only took me 2300 matches in wsg to get exalted....why bring em back..you find that long?!

You are right. I apologize.

Pssh! That'd take mere months, possibly YEARS to complete! I'm sure it will be well worth it though..right?
85 Human Mage
08/03/2011 11:28 PMPosted by Buckdich
Please have this on file somewhere on your machine - hold onto this brilliance!!!!

Yes, everything I post here is kept safe.

Foury you are my hero for pushing this so hard. I've read all your threads and and overcome with nostalgia everytime.

Please Keep this up Foury. And to everyone posting and supporting, keep it up as well.
Down with PvW

The time may come for more direct action. We may need to speak with more than just text. Nothing against the ToS, of course, like certain recent events which we will not discuss here. Maybe an in-game AV protest movement where we all go to Field of Strife and /dance, refusing to fight. Maybe a particular date on which we cancel our subscriptions en masse. I don't know yet.

But the time may come. And when it does, everyone who claims to support this crusade will be called upon to donate that most precious of in-game commodities. And I don't mean gold.

Will you answer the call to arms?

Round and round the Field they prance,
Protesting Blizzard's silence.
Horde and Alliance, united in dance.
A fight without any violence.
Edited by Foury on 8/4/2011 12:49 AM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin
I love you
85 Orc Death Knight
To have classic AV back would be the greatest day in history.
85 Gnome Mage
I didn't read this. Yet. I will cause I'm interested, but I just had to comment first.

Holy !@#$ this is long.

That is all.
100 Human Hunter
I didn't read this. Yet. I will cause I'm interested, but I just had to comment first.

Holy !@#$ this is long.

That is all.

This isn't even Foury's first thread on the topic. I suggest you read the others as well. Shouldn't be to hard to find.
86 Troll Shaman
Foury, i can't express to you enough how grateful i, (and much of the PvP comunity is) tat you are leading this charge for us...

Thank you for your time and effort into these posts.
90 Night Elf Druid
Foury you are a crusader in honor and commitment. I wish for old AV every time I sit in that Battleground. I respect you for pushing this so hard. And your right we need to keep pushing. This is something worth fighting for. That batlleground was an amazing achievment and I am so sad it has been watered down. It desperately needs to be restored. Your ideas and thoguhts are amazing as well. Everything you have said I can just see implemented so effectively. Please blizzard read this amazing post and act on it. Please Bring Old Alterac Valley back.
100 Night Elf Druid
This is the greatest thread of all time.
85 Human Mage
08/04/2011 10:32 AMPosted by Alave
Foury you are a crusader in honor and commitment. I wish for old AV every time I sit in that Battleground. I respect you for pushing this so hard. And your right we need to keep pushing. This is something worth fighting for. That batlleground was an amazing achievment and I am so sad it has been watered down. It desperately needs to be restored. Your ideas and thoguhts are amazing as well. Everything you have said I can just see implemented so effectively. Please blizzard read this amazing post and act on it. Please Bring Old Alterac Valley back.

We've presented our most well-thought arguments.
We've garnered support for our cause.
And most of all, we've been patient.

I propose that we begin to discuss what we will do about this situation.

The Alterac Valley battleground weekend is a few weeks away. If we stage an in-game protest, do we think it will have more or less impact on that weekend? There will be more people to hear us, but also more people to drown us out.

Thoughts?

Join the Call to Arms.

"Why Isn't AV Fun Anymore?"
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2743697818
"It's Time for Some PvP Lovin'!"
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2878768615
"A 'Brief' History of AV"
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2952885503
85 Human Hunter
Great post. I read the entire thing and agree 100%.
85 Troll Rogue
08/04/2011 03:00 PMPosted by Foury
The Alterac Valley battleground weekend is a few weeks away. If we stage an in-game protest, do we think it will have more or less impact on that weekend? There will be more people to hear us, but also more people to drown us out.

Hezza @ Whisperwind reporting for duty.

Do you have anything in mind, Foury? (Meant purely as an open-ended question.)

The last time there was an issue with AV, a boycott was semi-organized on the forums to cause the queue times for Horde to go way up (Alliance was unhappy with the location of the Horde cave, I think). However, with all the honor-hungry "PvPers" (I put the term in quotes since they seem to abhor PvP in AV :P) I don't think us abstaining from AV will have much of an effect as we're probably about evenly divided between Horde and Alliance.

Perhaps those of us sharing servers could queue for AV together in groups and do nothing but sit in Drek's (or Vann's) room to play defense. Only kill the other team when they pull the boss to keep the reinforcements from dropping too fast. The goal should be games that last 45 minutes or more to really annoy the honor farmers. I fear it will be tough to rally many to our cause once in AV, however. Blizzard has bribed them with honor too well. But if we can pull something like this off on AV weekend, the flood of QQ would be epic.

But that's my first thought. I agree we should put our heads together to come up with a good "protest" (that doesn't violate the ToS of course).
100 Night Elf Druid
I think the most we can hope for at this point is trying to find someone with equal passion for Alterac Valley who is going to Blizzcon and is brave enough to ask Blizzard what is the delay. Many players want it. 7 other battlegrounds and 2 world PvP zones exist now. No marks of honor to hold people back.
85 Human Mage
Yes, I was wondering about something that will cause massive turtling.

I like playing the defense game, but that lets us get /afk reported right off the bat (we would of course have a macro prepared explaining why we are turtling).

Another option might be for all protesters, Horde and Alliance, to meet in the Field of Strife and /dance. We can poke one another to clear afk debuffs, we're easily seen, and we'd be in a bigger group.

Regardless of what we do, we need to be heavily coordinated. For example, hundreds of us would queue for AV at precisely 6:30pm PST on the Friday, then at set times Saturday and Sunday as well.

Prior to the event, it could be helpful to make alts on many servers to go around (with identical macros, most likely) and spread the message - not to spam or to crash realms or anything like that, just to ask for support from people who want AV improved and to raise awareness for the protest.

And it cannot be stated enough times: Whatever we do must not be against the Terms of Service.
85 Human Mage
08/04/2011 04:17 PMPosted by Bynir
I think the most we can hope for at this point is trying to find someone with equal passion for Alterac Valley who is going to Blizzcon and is brave enough to ask Blizzard what is the delay. Many players want it. 7 other battlegrounds and 2 world PvP zones exist now. No marks of honor to hold people back.

Interesting. I hadn't seriously considered Blizzcon as a place to talk about this in person, but then I can't afford the plane ticket, even if I managed to get event tickets. October is still a while away, but I'm sure we can find a few volunteers to ask some well thought out questions. We can even collectively prepare those questions in advance.

But let's look at the less-distant future. Hopefully we won't need to take this to Blizzcon.
90 Human Rogue
What a fantastic post. I remember getting in the week it opened. I sure hope Blizzard reads (and acts on) this post.

Hit the like button if you like it people!
98 Dwarf Hunter
Beautifully written, comprehensive, and I agree with it approximately... 100%. It's about time they brought back the old Alterac Valley because, quite frankly, it is not fun having the whole game be a total zergfest. Only once did I ever play an AV that I actually considered fun.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Foury keep it up! Maybe one day blizzard will fix the biggest race bg ever! If that day comes and we meet in the battle of old AV i'll let you kill me for my honorable kill just to say thank you!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]