Level 85 repair bills need to be fixed.

88 Night Elf Hunter
I was just part of the worst heroic stonecore group I've ever witnessed. We wiped x amount of times times, x on trash, x on boss. That's beside the point. I go to get my gear repaired since my bow now has 0 durability, and I have an x amount of gold repair bill. I know it's easy for top levels to earn gold, but it's just ridiculous losing that much gold due to a really ignorant instance group. There should be a way to force the tank or whomever is at fault to pay the repair bills of those effected.

Also, I read somewhere where it said "Your items do not suffer durability damage from being killed by enemy players." I am witness to that being false. Whenever I go on a solo raid to the crossroads or wherever, I always have a hefty repair bill following the end of it, after being killed x or so times by level 85 players.

My request is either lower the cost of repairing items, lower how much durability damage items take per death or whatever, or take away durability altogether.

Edit - Old, and doesn't matter anymore, so stop replying and telling me to stop complaining.
Edited by Ceremin on 8/14/2011 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
08/03/2011 02:38 PMPosted by Ceremin
We wiped 4 times, two on trash, three on boss.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Sure your adding up your repair cost correctly?
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Hunter
08/03/2011 02:40 PMPosted by Bonniebrae

08/03/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Abelda
Nah, brah, you guys totally deserve a giant honking repair bill. It's the idiot tax. Should have left after the second trash wipe.

Wasn't only saying the instance wipes, I also brought up the PvP death.

08/03/2011 02:42 PMPosted by Everdready

I should've taken a screenshot I guess, and yeah, I'm sure since it says it when I hover over the anvil.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
With the new Call to Arms system a DPS queue is now around 10 minutes. After the second wipe or after a boss dies you can drop group without getting the Debuff. That means you should drop horrible groups like that one in Stonecore.

And 104g is nothing.Really. You can get it with one day doing Firelands Dailies.

Also, I read somewhere where it said "Your items do not suffer durability damage from being killed by enemy players." I am witness to that being false. Whenever I go on a solo raid to the crossroads or wherever, I always have a hefty repair bill following the end of it, after being killed 5 or so times by level 85 players.

First, going to mess with lower levels at Crossroads is not a raid. A raid is when a group of 6 players or more (up to 40) unite and go do something, like killing a Faction Leader etc...A group of more than 6 players is a raid. Raid also stands for the 10/25 man instances.

Now, killing lower levels and quest givers, while you won't be banned for doing so, is something really bad. It gives you a bad reputation.
Anyway, geting killed by players don't drop your Durability, but getting hit does. When guards hit/kill you it does too.

My request is either lower the cost of repairing items, lower how much durability damage items take per death or whatever, or take away durability altogether.

No and just no. The game is already too easy...I guess you wouldn't survive a day back when hunters had to get Arrows/Bullet's so they could shot.
Reply Quote
08/03/2011 02:40 PMPosted by Bonniebrae

Lol. missed that.

There should be a way to force the tank or whomever is at fault to pay the repair bills of those effected.

And who decides who's at fault?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/03/2011 02:45 PMPosted by Ceremin

You still lose durability from PvP combat, but you don't take the extra loss from dying as you do in PvE. That said, if a guard kills you rather than a player in PvP, you will take durability loss on death, just as in PvE.
Reply Quote
Also, I read somewhere where it said "Your items do not suffer durability damage from being killed by enemy players." I am witness to that being false. Whenever I go on a solo raid to the crossroads or wherever, I always have a hefty repair bill following the end of it, after being killed 5 or so times by level 85 players.

When in combat, you take durability loss. You just do not take any extra when dieing to a player. If a guard landed the killing blow, you also would loose the durability.

There is nothing wrong with the cost because of how easy gold is to get at 85.
Reply Quote
65 Orc Hunter
08/03/2011 02:46 PMPosted by Itexploads
There should be a way to force the tank or whomever is at fault to pay the repair bills of those effected.

Agreed, we should do whatever we can to punish new tanks and those who are still learning. That way we can further push people away from the tanking role since we have way too many of them as it is. Either that or you could give advice to the tank, do whatever you can to help out, or drop group if those dont work. Nah, punishing someone who is learning is the better option.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

And how will this be determined?

Anyway, gold is easy to get these days, and firelands are a great way to do so. Even when I forget to make repairs every so often, I still don't have a problem paying the bill.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Hunter
08/03/2011 02:47 PMPosted by Zarhym

You still lose durability from PvP combat, but you don't take the extra loss from dying as you do in PvE. That said, if a guard kills you rather than a player in PvP, you will take durability loss on death, just as in PvE.

That makes more sense, thank you. Still doesn't answer the question as to why the costs is so high. But thanks nonetheless.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/03/2011 02:52 PMPosted by Ceremin

That makes more sense, thank you. Still doesn't answer the question as to why the costs is so high. But thanks nonetheless.

You're welcome. :)

Repair costs have always scaled with item level. If anything, I'd say this game has a burden of too much gold out in the economy, rather than too little. 4 deaths in 1 5-player Heroic dungeon run is well above what you should expect as an average, and 100 gold is pretty easy to come by at level 85.
Edited by Zarhym on 8/3/2011 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

Repair costs have always scaled with item level. If anything, I'd say this game has a burden of too much gold out in the economy, rather than too little. 4 deaths in 1 5-player Heroic dungeon run is well above what you should expect as an average, and 100 gold is pretty easy to come by at level 85.

are you aware of how high reforging prices are right now?

It currently costs me 350g to reforge everything but my two trinkets, and I don't even have the rep ring yet which is going to cost 100ishg to reforge on its own. I don't have that much gold, nor can I sustain reforging to and back from a different spec/gear set (like for alysrazor air team) even just once per week. I play to raid, not farm gold. It takes an active effort to have enough gold to spend 700g reforging each week while still spending gold on other required things.

other required things include potions/reforging for upgrades (reeaaallllylyy expensive especially if I get an upgrade that requires significant reforging on the first raid night and then another on the second/third raid night)/flasks/enchants
Edited by Rectangle on 8/3/2011 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Hunter

I heard the cap on gold allowed on one account is 1 million? Is that true? And yeah all I need to do is requeue for another heroic then I'll only need 20 more, or do dailies, so yeah it's not THAT big of an issue, but it's still a bit steep when someone (me) is trying to save up for faster flying speed. I'll stop QQing now. Thanks for the feedback.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
08/03/2011 02:57 PMPosted by Zarhym
100 gold is pretty easy to come by at level 85.

For some.

For others, instead of churning out profession items, or doing dailies, they like to actually play the game. You know, raiding, dungeon grinding, pvp, spoling atls, those people have less income and in general, more cost.

100g for one repair isn't much, you're correct. For the people that struggle to make money, it's 100g here for repairs, 200g here for gems, 500g for that good enchant, 30-100g for that glyph... and next thing you know, you're out 2,000 gold before the hour is up. Oh yeah, then you have to reforge. Don't get me started on that.

Some people use their professions well, do 25 dailies, farm FL trash (cough, hunters and dks) and make >100k in one day, and some people play the AH. Those people might make money pretty easy. Not everyone does though, and it's something that should be considered.

Put in more gold sinks for well off players, cut back on the nickel and diming of the average player.
Edited by Stalkyou on 8/3/2011 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
08/03/2011 02:45 PMPosted by Ceremin

08/03/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Abelda
Nah, brah, you guys totally deserve a giant honking repair bill. It's the idiot tax. Should have left after the second trash wipe.

08/03/2011 02:42 PMPosted by Everdready

I should've taken a screenshot I guess, and yeah, I'm sure since it says it when I hover over the anvil.

Actually, what you said was "after being killed 5 or so times by level 85 players" and "We wiped 4 times, two on trash, three on boss." Clearly you need to re-think your math here.

Furthermore, I fail to see how you accumulated a 100g repair bill with only four (five?) wipes in a heroic. The BWD raid I was in last night wiped at least eight times, and I still don't think I had to shell out 100g in repairs.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter

At the same time their should be a way for the game to bake me cookies.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Do repair costs reflect vendor values like reforging costs? I know the firelands honored waists cost 75g to reforge (equal to the sell to vendor price), but do they cost a ton to repair too or is the repair cost related strictly to item level? My repair costs seem high recently, but I don't quite have the attention span or the focus to figure out exactly why.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Hunter

Actually, what you said was "after being killed 5 or so times by level 85 players" and "We wiped 4 times, two on trash, three on boss." Clearly you need to re-think your math here.

Furthermore, I fail to see how you accumulated a 100g repair bill with only four (five?) wipes in a heroic. The BWD raid I was in last night wiped at least eight times, and I still don't think I had to shell out 100g in repairs.

No, I obviously don't.
I'm not complaining that the repair bills from PvPing are high, I'm complaining about instance (PvE) repair bills. Zarhym stated that you suffer more damage for PvE than PvP. So the 100g for my 4 (or five, idrkocftm) wipes is accurate. Like I said, it said 100g when I hovered over the anvil.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]