Zoom out macro

85 Undead Warlock
NEW UPDATE:
So I'm necroing this thread because I'm still unable to zoom out to the distances seen in raid videos.

I enter:

SET cameraDistanceMax 50

at the end of the config file in notepad; however, anytime I enter WoW and try to zoom out, it doesn't work, and when I exit WoW and check the same file again, the command is not saved at the end of notepad even though I had saved it previously.

Problem?

Thanks for help.

Hey fellow warlocks.

So this isn't really a warlock specific question, but as someone pointed out yesterday...

Warlocks are comparable to professors teaching the string theory while DK's are keyboard smashers. I trust you all know more than anyone else on WoW :D.

Anyway, pre-4.1 I had a working macro that allowed me to zoom out to incredibly far distances. Something like:

/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 25

But I've tried putting this in and I'm getting no effect.

Anyone have a working macro for me to zoom out farther than able to with the standard UI options provided in-game? I'm assigned to spinners on Beth, and I feel I'm losing a little dps spinning my screen around looking for them when I could just be zoomed out farther.

Thanks a ton.
Edited by Warlockchris on 8/6/2011 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Any1 got one?

:c
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
i think /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4 is the most you can do, but that's not really the issue. I used to be able to do this but then I wasn't able to, but found that there are 3 ways to do this. The first is how you had it, but it will only work if you already have something in your config file.

/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",50) and /console cameraDistanceMax 50 should both work, however the way I did it was to go into:

World of Warcraft > WTF > Config.wtf

and add a line at the end (if it doesn't exist already) or editing the one in there.

SET cameraDistanceMax 50

is the line to add or modify. The second command I listed earlier should do the same thing, but if not then just adding that SET line in your config file will let you zoom out far.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Great I'll try that when I get out of this dungeon, thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
What should i open the config in?

I opened it in word, added the command, then when I went to save it I was prompted with it may not be compatible with plain text format. How should i be saving this command?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
You need to open and edit the file in Notepad not word.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Thank you.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
So I'm necroing this thread because I'm still unable to zoom out to the distances seen in raid videos.

I enter:

SET cameraDistanceMax 50

at the end of the config file in notepad; however, anytime I enter WoW and try to zoom out, it doesn't work, and when I exit WoW and check the same file again, the command is not saved at the end of notepad even though I had saved it previously.

Problem?

Thanks for help.
Reply Quote
44 Orc Warrior
Can't you get that by going to Options > Interface > Camera > Then move the 'Max Camera Distance' All the way to the right?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
That takes me to 50 yards.

I'm talking about zooming to very far distances like one sees in raid videos.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
say /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 5.
best way. (without peroiod.)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
wouldnt it b easier to just roll ur middle mouse button bacwards?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
02/08/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Ennui
wouldnt it b easier to just roll ur middle mouse button bacwards?

Well we have definitely tried this already. :S
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
say /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 5.
best way. (without peroiod.)

Works, thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
thanks helps alot :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]