Where'd all the 25s go?

85 Troll Druid
Are there really any good 25 guilds left on the server besides zodiac? Everyone else is 10 man and 10 man is a joke. It's kind of sad that no one else has killed rag especially on 10 man. I mean just look at the 10 man fights, Majordomo can be killed on 10 without even hitting the flame orb phase by any decent guild.

TL;DR 10 man is EZ PZ where'd the 25 man guilds go?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Kirin Tor hasn't been known for progression for some time now, so...don't know what to tell you.

Unfortunately the only advice I can give is, if you're looking for progression, this isn't the server for you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
k
Edited by Quintus on 8/4/2011 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
KT is 236th realm out of 241 for progression. We are bottom 5. Don't expect much here.

Anyone who really wanted to raid transferred off months ago, so that's why only 1 25-man guild survives on each faction. All the 10 man guilds are looking for players.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
To think, we started Late Night Elites because we were unable to raid other raid guild's raid times. Now we're the last of the 25 man Hordeside? We're on Majordomo because we've had a strict "10 mans are only to practice on 25s tomorrow" policy so everyone can join in, but we might just go ahead and kill off Rag in 10 man just for credit this weekend.

I will tell you this, and this is an assessment from people from the raid/dungeon forums too: 10 man Firelands is much easier than 25 man. That's also why there are so many 10 mans instead of 25 man. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce at Blizzcon they're ending 25 man raids.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
To think, we started Late Night Elites because we were unable to raid other raid guild's raid times. Now we're the last of the 25 man Hordeside? We're on Majordomo because we've had a strict "10 mans are only to practice on 25s tomorrow" policy so everyone can join in, but we might just go ahead and kill off Rag in 10 man just for credit this weekend.

I will tell you this, and this is an assessment from people from the raid/dungeon forums too: 10 man Firelands is much easier than 25 man. That's also why there are so many 10 mans instead of 25 man. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce at Blizzcon they're ending 25 man raids.
While that may be the case this tier., let's not too quickly forget how last tier ended up.

Blizzards tendency of over-correction can swing like a pendulum.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior

10 mans on normal are easier this time around, however it was the exact opposite last tier so I don't 'see why you're complaining. You couldn't progress then and looking at your logs it isn't the difficulty of the raid holding you back, it's the company you keep. That's going to maintain regardless of what tier you're in. If you raid with friends, that's all well and good, but you can't always just blame the difficulty of a raid on why you can't progress.
Edited by Quintus on 8/9/2011 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

10 mans on normal are easier this time around, however it was the exact opposite last tier so I don't 'see why you're complaining. You couldn't progress then and looking at your logs it isn't the difficulty of the raid holding you back, it's the company you keep. That's going to maintain regardless of what tier you're in. If you raid with friends, that's all well and good, but you can't always just blame the difficulty of a raid on why you can't progress.

Oh that's not true, except in the case of Cho'gall and Nef, every other bit was easier in 10 man in T11. And I'm not complaining- I'm stating fact. Supported by the dozens and dozens of equally stated posts in the raids and dungeons forums. Oh, and even the top raiding guild in the world.

Your assessment of our situation is ...wrong. To say the least.

edit: Forgive me if I sound testy. Been cranky lately over this game X(
Edited by Liongale on 8/9/2011 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I liked 25 man raiding but really there is not much room on this server for it now days. Don't get me wrong I'm sure you can get 25 people to raid ez but at what cost. 10 of the 12 raiders in Fifth Column came from the same 25 man raiding guild. Only thing that really gets to me is having to carry other members.

Now the guild we were in we did'nt have much say on who comes in and who was left out on the side. 10 man raiding at the time seem the way to go. It was a way out and a place to start something on our own. Now we did have a slow start at the patch. It is summer time, most of our members are not in school and summer time is when everyone is taking vacation and doing other RL things.

I'm not saying 10 man is better but so many raiders have left this server. A 10 man guild is just so much easier to set up.

Deathoris
www.fifthcolumnguild.com
Reply Quote
10's company, 25's a crowd :D
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/09/2011 09:53 PMPosted by Deathoris
Now we did have a slow start at the patch. It is summer time, most of our members are not in school and summer time is when everyone is taking vacation and doing other RL things.

Over the last 3 years summertime is when KT had the largest numbers of players. It usually tapers off when students go back to school and the holidays approach. Then there is a spike for a couple weeks after Christmas, then goes back to pre-holiday levels until schools let out when it picks up again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Like I said most of our members are not going to school. We only have maybe 2 that are students.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
The only reason why 10 mans are considered easier right now is because it's easier to find 10 good raiders that won't mess up on these very difficult fights, than it is to find 25 good raiders. It removes a huge amount of entropy from your raid. But if you have noticed, in Wrath, world first boss kills were always on 10m, then 25m. But in Cata, 25m versions are always downed first, most recently, Paragon got world first 10m Heroic Rag, AFTER 25m. The reason it has changed for Cata is because the fights are no longer tuned downed to retard levels on 10m, and roughly have an equal amount of fights that are harder on 10m, and others that are harder on 25m, provided your raiders are all at roughly the same skill level, and can perform to peak in either mode. That last part is very important, because if you can manage to find those 25 adequate raiders, 25m is very obviously the better way to go; more vp, more loot, 3 battle resurrections.
tl;dr: the only reason that 25m is considered harder than 10m is because it's tougher to set up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The only reason why 10 mans are considered easier right now is because it's easier to find 10 good raiders that won't mess up on these very difficult fights, than it is to find 25 good raiders. It removes a huge amount of entropy from your raid. But if you have noticed, in Wrath, world first boss kills were always on 10m, then 25m. But in Cata, 25m versions are always downed first, most recently, Paragon got world first 10m Heroic Rag, AFTER 25m. The reason it has changed for Cata is because the fights are no longer tuned downed to retard levels on 10m, and roughly have an equal amount of fights that are harder on 10m, and others that are harder on 25m, provided your raiders are all at roughly the same skill level, and can perform to peak in either mode. That last part is very important, because if you can manage to find those 25 adequate raiders, 25m is very obviously the better way to go; more vp, more loot, 3 battle resurrections.
tl;dr: the only reason that 25m is considered harder than 10m is because it's tougher to set up.

Oh no, not true at all. I think you misunderstood Paragon's statement. 25m are harder than 10m because not of the bosses, but the adds. The number, health, and damage sway the difficulty level. There is that, and other issues that multiple, even top raiding guilds, have reported.

Doing both 10s and 25s, you can totally feel the difference, and the lesser pressure.

But it looks like Blizzard now is vaguely considering getting rid of both for 15 man raids. Vaguely. When a blue actually talks about it involving raid things, it usually comes to fruition sooner or later.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
I'm not saying 25m is easier to down (But I would say that some fights are easier than their 10m mode), I'm saying it's easier to progress on 25m, if you have good raiders. I will be the first to admit that getting a 25m raid that can actually down bosses is harder than its 10m counterpart. I think the pressure you feel on 25m is your attempt to carry.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/26/2011 08:25 PMPosted by Ez
Server has never cleared full content when it was relevant.

No really, I'm serious. Go throw around your wife and kids. At least they know what kind of person posts on other servers. Clearly you're someone from KT who hasn't quite "left".

Be gone! Gogogo!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/27/2011 08:35 AMPosted by Ez
Mad, virgin?

You're the one all decked out and worried about pvp.

Something tells me you're the virgin.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]