Low lvls

This is recognised implicitly by Blizzard, however nothing has been done. I feel it is time for the low level community to remind Blizzard of their commitments to low levels.

"Nobody should be one-shotting at any battleground level, so yes that (and many other class abilities) will be addressed." - Kalgan

"there are a number of issues like that for when abilities are given for classes, mostly in relation to running dungeons early on, and then quite a few for PvP twinking and keeping those brackets balanced a bit better. They're legit issues and we hope to be able to spend some time going over ability pacing again." - Bashiok

"We care without boundaries. We care so much for people playing through the lower levels, we remade Azeroth anew in Cataclysm. And that wasn't all we did to improve the experience for lower level players." - Wryxian

"at low levels, no one cares" - Forum user, "We do, actually." - Kalgan

"We understand this may have some impact on [low level] PvP healing and do want to look over balance at those lower levels at some point in the future." - Lylirra

"We do care about and actively balance at lower levels. Our goal is to make the game as fun and balanced at possible at all levels" - Zarhym

"Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking" - Zarhym

Twinking recognised as a legit PvP endeavour by Vaneras - http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...fo-for-dummies

As you can see Blizzard has stated numerous times that low levels are a commitment to them. It is well past the time for Blizzard to stop talking and either provide balance or at least have the common decency to tell us that low levels are not a part of their game plan.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/22507/low-level-bgs-have-been-destroyed
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2267601924?page=4#79
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1820964200#5
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/149735/do-you-understand-low-levels
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3778/blizz-non-xp-battlegrounds

Should Low Levels be a Priority?
You may argue that low levels aren't a priority, but I would argue differently

Endgame is in a stable state at the moment (a patch has recently come out) and is definitely balanced enough to be enjoyed by the majority of players. Low level pvp is enjoyed by a substantial proportion of the player base (many more than I suspect you would think and not just twinks) and is very very imbalanced. The immediate and urgent nature of the low level imbalance coupled with the extent to which it is imbalanced make this a higher priority than endgame pvp balance, in my mind at least. I am not suggesting that endgame be put on a back burner, but it is safe enough at the moment for some of it's resources to be pulled off it and utilised to save low game pvp.

"It's easy to moan about low level PVP balance but harder to come up with a realistic fix."
Yes balancing is a major commitment, however the twinkinfo.com community has come up with an extensive list of solutions to fix low level pvp that fill every criteria, does not affect endgame and has only beneficial effects on low level pve.

It is not as hard as it may seem. Admittedly the TI solution is merely the first iteration of the balancing process, but it is a very solid frame work for the devs to start from, much more solid than the current "balancing". The devs are very aware of it (I received a personal email from Bashiok recognising it), but for whatever reason balances for low levels have yet to be implemented.

Kore nametooshort - twinkinfo.com (but posted by Ink)
Edited by Inkobah on 8/4/2011 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Here's a solution: Level up.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
08/04/2011 12:10 AMPosted by Elgunaz

That is a pretty damn good solution.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight

And if one is trying to level up through PvP, but can't because the same hunter or rogue one-shots them within 5 seconds every time they rez?

If the devs didn't want us to play and enjoy levels 1-84, they'd just start everyone at 85.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
08/04/2011 12:13 AMPosted by Atun

And if one is trying to level up through PvP, but can't because the same hunter or rogue one-shots them within 5 seconds every time they rez?

If the devs didn't want us to play and enjoy levels 1-84, they'd just start everyone at 85.

I gained enough Honor Points to buy Heirlooms for PvP and I only went in Battlegrounds like 11 times.

/shrug
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight

I gained enough Honor Points to buy Heirlooms for PvP and I only went in Battlegrounds like 11 times.

/shrug

My warlock is in full original heirlooms (chest, shoulders, weapon) and STILL gets one-shot by rogues. And I make it a point to assassinate frost mages on my own rogue, and I can usually kill them before they can blink away.
Edited by Atun on 8/4/2011 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
No wonder you're getting one shotted. You're only level one, silly!
Reply Quote
61 Blood Elf Hunter
I hate when I go into a PvP BG and they are the same lvl as me, but one shot me. I find it very imbalanced when it comes to classes. I know which toons to take to BGs but its sad that I cant take all, or that I have to find a way to start one-shotting them..
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Shaman
best solution ever remove all classes but a paladin from the game...
every one is equal and all three raid rolles can be filled!
( no one likes you rdps always taking our spots in the raid!)
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I truly wish they would fix the low level pvp. Even as a pally I could not stand leveling in BG's which is the main reason I started this character. In the end I had to go with questing. I hate questing more than anything in this game though sadly. I fail to see where leveling with pvp is even viable and yet blizzard has said in the past that it is something they are trying to make viable if it not already viable in their eyes.
Reply Quote
12 Orc Hunter
Low level pvp is just fine LOL
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
It's a wild ride to be sure. Some brackets I'm almost unkillable, in others I get globaled often.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed by Blizz. The lower level brackets are in a rough state and are completely out of whack. I pay money every month as do millions of other people so that this game is great all around, but for a long time now end-game content has been the only focus of WoW and that is not why I play WoW. I don't PvP or PvE at max level, I take my time and smell the roses from 1-85 and that's how I have been playing since Nov 23rd, 2004 when the game went live. Every time I hit the level cap, I grind money, work the AH, and gear out my lower level characters for PvP and PvE while they work their way to the level cap.

When I discovered twinking, it was still in its early stages, but I had finally found a purpose, a way to justify dishing out money every month to play this game. I have had more fun and made more friends through playing lower level PvP than I have doing anything else in WoW. I know a lot of people have the same story and have may back when I say that the brackets are imbalanced. It's to the point that lower levels need to be completely redesigned from the ground up. That's why I pay you guys, to do your job and make me happy. You're making millions of other people happy and love your game, why am I unhappy and questioning why I still pay 15$ a month for a game where if I am not a certain class, I can't even compete? That's not how it is in end-game and if for a second it ever is a patch comes out to correct it.

~Zuty
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Rogue
I totally agree. We need more balance in lower lvl bgs.
Reply Quote
if you don't have anything to add that will help this post, just don't say anything, because you trolls are what is wrong with wow. go outside a play with your toys.

i am so tired of troll mouthing off in the forums and in game just shut up noone want to read you crap.
Edited by Jittii on 8/4/2011 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
how would the crybabies react if every 10 levels had honor gear and resil and still lost to the people who ground it out first? what would the big cry be then? these guys just wanna queue and do nothing and be on equal terms or what?
Reply Quote
32 Dwarf Rogue
Now, I do not have premeditate, but I am not "one-shotting" anyone. Anyone with any kind of gear, anyway. Yes, I can one shot people running around in the 29 bracket if they have 800 hps, but come on, they are naked if they have 800 hps.

Anyone would one shot them.

I honestly think, with appropriate gear, the low level BGs sans a few classes (warlocks in particular) are (I cannot believe I am saying this) semi-kinda-not-so-far-from balanced.

Now, that said, I am not opening with shadowstep-ambush, either. That is a gimmick and if it fails you are screwed hard.

Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Priest

If you have any negative comments towards this thread, I suggest you leave. Because this has nothing to do with any of your concerns.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]