Low lvls

85 Tauren Priest
08/08/2011 02:33 PMPosted by Amodeus
However, you made the assertion that just because you had it harder, everyone else should have it just as hard.

I did nothing of the sort. I even mentioned I have no issues with Heirlooms being obtained at an earlier level and soloable. I would actually have an issue with having to find groups for low level content that you need a group for to get. You used to, I'm glad they change it.

08/08/2011 02:54 PMPosted by Amodeus
advantages unobtainable by others in the same level of play

They are not unobtainable at the same level of play. My level of play includes higher level characters to fund my alts. I'm not even a twink, I'm just leveling an alt, but every single twink since classic has had a higher level alt for funds.

08/08/2011 03:04 PMPosted by Amodeus
All that was suggested was that they took that same gear, re-itemized it for current class/specs with PvP stats

No, you continued to suggest that heirlooms were out of a new player's reach. I continue to point out ways that they are not.

Would I like to see the classic BG gear re-itemized? Of course I would. I agree with you on that point but don't hold your breath, the stats for WSG, AB and AV gear have been the same for ages.

08/08/2011 03:04 PMPosted by Amodeus
bought WITH honor

Again, PVP heirlooms can be bought with enough honor at any level as soon as you have enough to purchase them. The other pieces do require at least a lvl 77 character and at least a level 20 guild and enough gold to buy them from a vendor.

So, how exactly is any of that out of a new player's reach?
Reply Quote
49 Blood Elf Paladin
The only BoAs you can buy with honor are shoulders and weapons, which cost 2,175 / or 3k for the 2H sword/staff. Are they available, yes. Does it equalize the gear factor, a little. We can only agree that far however.

With chests, cloaks, helms, better selection of weapons, trinkets, and even a ring only available by having a pre-existing high level toon... that discrepency widens back out again.

Not only do BoAs typically (98%) have better stats than "equal" level blues, even some purples when you get to 60/70, and having stats that are tooled for updated class/specs (warriors dont want agi, shamans dont want str, etc.), that puts them at a numerical edge over their same level counterpart that has to rely on luck, or outside support, to even get an equal level peice of gear...equal level, not equal stats, effects, etc. The BoA user having the added advantage of not having to go outside of PvP to upgrade those slots of gear, they always remain over the edge at every level.

Again, I am not saying that BoAs should not be allowed... afterall, you did put the work into at least one toon to get the JP, marks, whatever.... to get those BoAs... you should be allowed to enjoy that perk. What I am against, is that those with that advantage against those without say that low levels are just fine, that we just want a handout.

I am not suggesting a handout.. All I am agreeing with, is that the low level (pre-80) PvP gear that is currently in the game now, be retooled to fit with current stat priorities in PvP (added Sta, get rid of useless stats on outdated class needs, add resilience pre-70) and make them available at the honor quartermasters in the capital cities, instead of the old, remote, outdated areas they are currently located. This would go a lot further to improve the low level BG slaughterfest it is now, than having to grind 4k+ honor for at least 2 peices of BoA gear. Theres is nothing to say that a newbie couldnt do that grind....but given the imbalance of those w/ gear compared to those without... how long do you think it would take to get those 2-3 peices. Keep in mind the average new player isn't going to keep intrest to do that, realistically speaking.

Now compare that to spending 100-300 honor for a few peices of gear that would be of equal strength to BoAs at THAT gear level. First... level up just once and the BoAs are better than the item they just bought. Second, this is taking into account that theres no belt,bracers,boots,shields,necks,relic,rings (widely speaking) in the BoA catagory. So where is the harm of adding that gear...evenly spread and scattered throughout the brackets, not all slots available or sold for each bracket mind you, and letting everyone equal access to them?
Edited by Amodeus on 8/8/2011 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Druid
08/04/2011 12:10 AMPosted by Elgunaz
Here's a solution: Level up.

"Nobody should be one-shotting at any battleground level, so yes that (and many other class abilities) will be addressed." - Kalgan

Kalgan disagrees with you bruh.
Edited by Wíthered on 8/8/2011 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Bumping for justice. Aimed shot and ambush are hitting way to hard at low levels. Even auto shot + pet attack dose absurd damage in non twink q's. The fact of the matter is there is FAR to much dmg being tossed around at low lvls. Everyone either needs three times as much health or have their dmg cut by 25%-75% class/ability pending.

Low lvl pvp is not fun, you run out attempt to one shot somone and either get one shot before or after that happens, if I wanted that i'd go play an FPS.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Yeah, they definitely need to do something...personally I know they've lost two subs who were friends of mine and new players to the game due to the fact that the first impression of the game was complete and utter imbalance.
Edited by Stiletto on 8/8/2011 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
they just give different percentages for certin ablitys at certin lvls its not hard..
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Priest
You can buy the trinkets and chest pieces with honor, it just costs 50% more because you have to convert them to justice points.

This toon is less than a month old, and has maxed honor twice and bought trade goods.
Reply Quote
49 Blood Elf Paladin
Using a system that was intended for max level PvEs to ease the pain of getting honor for Arena gear does not equal a solution to low level imbalance when it comes to gear. Abilities aside... at low levels, its gear that makes up around 80% of the difference.
Reply Quote
58 Human Warrior
Something I found really interesting from EU side about this:

If I actually manage to escape 1 out of the 10 times ambush only took me to 5% health instead of killing me, I can then turn around and beat the rogue, even when it takes me 20x the hits than what it would with him. They haven't learnt how to play their class basically, they've gone through the brackets 1 shotting things and not learning.

I remember playing PvP on my alt and watching as rogues would try to one-shot me. My alt, being level 16, having no heirlooms or PvP gear, can still turn around and kill these guys in a few hits.

08/08/2011 04:29 PMPosted by Amodeus
I am not suggesting a handout.. All I am agreeing with, is that the low level (pre-80) PvP gear that is currently in the game now, be retooled to fit with current stat priorities in PvP (added Sta, get rid of useless stats on outdated class needs, add resilience pre-70) and make them available at the honor quartermasters in the capital cities, instead of the old, remote, outdated areas they are currently located. This would go a lot further to improve the low level BG slaughterfest it is now, than having to grind 4k+ honor for at least 2 peices of BoA gear. Theres is nothing to say that a newbie couldnt do that grind....but given the imbalance of those w/ gear compared to those without... how long do you think it would take to get those 2-3 peices. Keep in mind the average new player isn't going to keep intrest to do that, realistically speaking.

I had been orignlly planning on using my alt's honor points to convert to JP after getting annoyed with the one-shotting, but it is hard to grind honor when you're only getting 6 per game from being farmed.
Reply Quote
27 Goblin Mage
scatter shot + aimed shot = dead mage... can be completely twinked out and not kill a hunter with half the gear or enchants as me. so I get told to post on threads such as this one in hopes someone will actually agree instead of talk crap about how I'm a baddie or I fail.

so I made a hunter, lvl 10 without gloves or bracers and went 37-0... but that's really nothing hard...
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Suggestion: Remove resilence, make Players harder to kill.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
So I have just gotta say that no game should be easy-peasy for newcomers, it never was, and never should be. Back in Vanilla, there were still twinks, in level 10-19 brackets, and so on and so forth. They at least did THAT much with the BGs, where the 17s, 18s, and 19s couldn't snipe the 10s too much anymore. People were crying about low level PvP being unfair back then too, because there were actually people playing that took time, gold, and effort into getting the BiS gear for their low level twink.

I've been playing for 6 years, and have almost every piece of BoA needed for every class playable. That's the joy of being a veteran player, you get perks that newcomers don't have much access to, and it wouldn't be fair otherwise.

Low level PvP is mostly about stamina and who has the most of it (that's why you see the lowbies with no BoA helm wearing the engineering goggles). Nerf stamina at low level, then, so there's no level 14s with close to 1k health when others are at 140.
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Hunter
Well, low level battlegrounds are only going to get more popular now that they have instituted the unlimited free wow below lvl 20. In fact the 19 lvl bracket is very active now probably due to that almost entirely. I feel the free wow just gives people a reason to cancel their account and just play a twink. You can still gear them with plenty of time and honor, and the time you have plenty of since you cant go past level 20.

I talked about it all in this post:

http://wow.csb-gaming.com/wordpress/?p=540#more-540

I know that Blizzard just made the free starter set in order to try to gain players by getting them addicted. I can just see how it could also work against them by having people cancel and just play low level twinks.

At least that bracket will be a lot more fair without all these free twinks having access to all of the heirloom items right off the bat.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
bull!@#$
Reply Quote
83 Undead Rogue
This is not a matter of twinking, although the 70 bracket is sexy, fun and pretty well balanced. I am lucky if i go 10 kills 5 deaths. The problem is leveling. Making the brackets 5 levels helped a TON but I was able to get wrecking ball on a level 14 arms warrior solo camping the enemy graveyard, that is not balance.
Reply Quote
34 Human Warrior
yes fix it please i may even turn my 5 other accounts back on and dust off my twinks
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
ability training levels aside..

-BG/honor needs to offer a wider set of +res/armor BoP Blue-PvP gear perhaps with set bonus for the levels, hats,cloak, more rings, amulets, trinkets/wands/relics etc..
-BG-only consumables inside the instance for honor, essentially rumsey rum, health/mana pots, out of combat food
-BoP enchants for honor, 9/10 as good as what you get from players accessible by level 10

the BoA system is to help exp gains while being BiS... it is often BiS for twink PvP, but with new blues per 10 to 29 brackets, it shouldn't always be
Edited by Korba on 9/16/2011 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
If anyone thinks things are balanced. try being a feral druid at level 19, good luck killing the hunters.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I agree low lvl PvP is unbalanced.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]