Best AOE class??

Burst AoE?

Arms warriors with reck on like 40+ targets... oh dear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/31/2011 09:25 AMPosted by Foiblesqt
Sad day when Unholy and Frost aren't anywhere near the top of the list

I think it's funny how much HB gets nerfed yet you never see any caster's AoE nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
"We took out free cleave and toned down disease spreading and HB splash, but we left Immolation Aura as is."
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
1. Top burst AOE: Probably either kitty druids (swipe + berzerk can easily hit over 100k) or demolocks.

2. Sustained AOE dps: Kitty druids or maybe arcane mages. Arcane mage AOE is surprisingly good. It hits a large area, and can be sustained forever since it basically costs no mana.

3. Multi-target fights: If targets are close together probably rogues. If targets are far apart, maybe moonkins or shadow priests.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
AOE kings are feral druids. Burst and sustained.
Demo Locks, Spriests, Boomkins and Combat Rogues can do very well (Demo and Rogue depends on CDs), but no one can touch a feral cat.
Reply Quote
Best burst AOE is fire mage with combustion available. That is just stupid.

After that, see previous posters.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/31/2011 09:25 AMPosted by Dekkar
H Shannox doesn't involve aoeing, but it's a multi-target (dotting) fight.

H Shannox is NOT a multi-target fight. The ONLY people who should be touching anything other than the boss are the people assigned to burst Rageface and trap him (ie: Arcane Mages, or whatever non-DoT class you use for that, we usually assign two arcane mages to him, while the other 15 DPS are on Shannox the entire time).

If people are DPSing things other than Shannox on heroic with the above exception, they are doing it wrong. Anyone who has done any damage at all to Riplimb should be talked to.

If you are looking at top damage ranks on Worldoflogs/Raidbots, however, for classes that can multi-dot these ranks will all be from people multi-dotting to the maximum extent possible. The boss is so easy at this point that most groups don't care if people are padding on the dogs.

(That's not to say that these multi-dotting classes are actually contributing more to the boss kill, but only that it is fair to consider the top damage ranks on this boss as reasonably indicative of the damage-dealing capability for such classes against 3 targets.)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
FURY WARRIOR FOR THE WIN!!

Oh wait this isn't Wolk :(

Oh how I miss destroying everybody on Heroic Anub by like 3-4k :(
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
10/31/2011 10:04 AMPosted by Foiblesqt
"We took out free cleave and toned down disease spreading and HB splash, but we left Immolation Aura as is."

immo aura is a cd within a cd (in before cdception) not a rotational ability.

a) Burst AOE
demo if the burst is needed only once every 2min.
boomkin/demo depending on the time between burst.
b) Sustained AOE
shadow>demo/boomkin
c) Multi target fights (I.e fights where you deal with multiple enemies, but there is little aoe involved, like valiona & theralion, ascendant council or shannox)
shadow-aff-combat-moonkin.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

That doesn't seemed to be based in reality.

My vote goes to Demo. I have seen Demo locks hit over 125k dps on AoE. It is pretty nuts.

Oh yeah?

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Beth%27tilac/25H/100/14/60/default/
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Lord_Rhyolith/25H/100/14/60/default/

Old post, but why did you use links to two aoe fights, to argue with what I put in italic, which was about single target?

Not too sure about that one there.
Reply Quote
If there are 10+ targets that will live for 30 seconds or more then an assassin rogue will be to aoe dps. Our dps comes from deadly poison stacks and is not capped like every other aoe.

2 targets=combat rogue
3-4= any multi dot class
8-10= shadow priest, demo lock, fire mage, arms warrior, feral druid
10+= assassin rogue
Edited by Cowverines on 11/1/2011 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Top 3 in order:

1. Boomkins
2. Spriests
3. Demo locks

Boomkins and spriests are also ahead of several pure dps specs in single target fights.

by several you mean rogues right? since you know, mages locks and hunters are all top deeps right now?

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/

Spriest, Boomkin, Aff Lock, Arcane Mage, Combat Rogue, in order of spec spore, from #1 to #5.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage

Wat.

He's probably looking at heroic Baleroc (since it's closest to Patchwerk style boss in FL), which he probably has never done and have no idea how it works for spriests.

Yeah, I'm sure a person with the Firelord title would have no experience with Baleroc.
Reply Quote
19 Human Hunter
cleaves=/= aoe

Underdogs in burst aoe are arcane mages and combat rogues and they taper off very fast once their CD's are gone, though arcane can sustain a lil bit by trying to keep stacks up via finagling with AE AE AE AB AE AE AB AE AE.
Reply Quote
If there are 10+ targets that will live for 30 seconds or more then an assassin rogue will be to aoe dps. Our dps comes from deadly poison stacks and is not capped like every other aoe.

2 targets=combat rogue
3-4= any multi dot class
8-10= shadow priest, demo lock, fire mage, arms warrior, feral druid
10+= assassin rogue

You are forgetting the "big ignite + combustion + living bomb + impact spread" that makes fire mages tops for anything that lives more than 10 seconds.

Although typically, such as for example in the heroic Z fights (panther or firehawk), stuff will live for about 3 seconds once impact hits.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Arms can beat anything with burst AoE if they actually make that their objective and have their cooldowns.

Use a TClap with Blood & Thunder to spread rend and the associated debuffs to all targets (does quite a bit of damage with the free instant rend tick combined with regular TC damage, too), use Recklessness, Sweeping Strikes, and Bladestorm, and watch the screen get covered with insane numbers from the Bladestorm pulses, massive quantities of Deep Wounds ticks, Rend ticks, Sweeping Strikes, and even a few autoattacks and opportunity strikes thrown in, and most of all those attacks landing as crits.

Sustained AoE is pretty strong too, but not as good as some other classes.
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Burst: Feral Druids, Demo Locks and Arms Warriors.

Sustained: Shadow Priests and Survival Hunters.

Multi Target: Cleave Specs.
Reply Quote
Will feral still have the best burst and sustained aoe in 4.3? Isn't swipe getting nerfed?

IIRC (and that's iffy :P), someone in the druid forum figured it for about a net 8% damage nerf compared to damage now - taking into account the 4.3 melee buff. I also didn't really look at the math too closely, so there's a 50/50 chance I'm pulling numbers out of the air =/.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Best burst AOE is fire mage with combustion available. That is just stupid.

After that, see previous posters.
I pulled over 150k often on some packs with zerk, trink, tf and tol'vir potion. what are magey numbers?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]