Mysterious Letters [RP?]

100 Blood Elf Paladin
08/07/2011 10:03 PMPosted by Pertuarbo
You can hide out at my house, Lellex.

AHA! YOU PLAN ON TRAPPING HER IN YOUR HOUSE AND THEN COOKING HER ALIVE SO YOU CAN HAVE BLOOD ELF PIE

I'll help, for a large portion of it.
85 Worgen Rogue
Wolves of Greymane got one today reading:

Oh how he loves lurk and sneak. A man with fangs and wool of sheep. And oh the words his maw does leak. Soon he'll lull the Wolves to sleep.

~ Lady of the Ley

From.

Zivandris (Who you also cannot find on armory)
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Wolves of Greymane got one today reading:

Oh how he loves lurk and sneak. A man with fangs and wool of sheep. And oh the words his maw does leak. Soon he'll lull the Wolves to sleep.

~ Lady of the Ley

From.

Zivandris (Who you also cannot find on armory)

The character that sent the noose has been deleted or transfered, as the mail now shows up as being from Unknown. Keep the letter in your inbox if you haven't deleted it, and watch over the next few days.
The Clergy has also received something similar:

Bless me with the will to be strong
Guide me through these troubled times
Please help me write these wrongs
To rid the Clergy of it’s crimes

-Lady of the Ley

The plot thickens, Watson!
1 Human Warlock
I'm posting on a different account in order to clear some things up but still to keep the mystery alive.

Oh how he loves to lurk and sneak. A man with fangs and wool of sheep. And oh the words his maw does leak. Soon he'll lull the Wolves to sleep.

This is the correct version, a typo was sent out by mistake.

08/09/2011 11:49 AMPosted by Dimiti
~ Lady of the Ley

This should also read 'The Broken Doll' another minor breakdown in community. Lady of the Ley was the original name of the sender, however 'The Broken Doll' is the revised one. Should you take this IC (And there will be more) be sure to use the proper name and my deepest apologies for any confusion...
Edited by Vandrilla on 8/9/2011 2:10 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Apparently, Lellex has a pretty mouth.

http://i.cubeupload.com/gVzLn6.jpg

And I somehow managed to disable all my add ons. Strange.
"O'er the midnight moorlands crying,
Through the cypress forests
sighing.
In the night-wind madly flying,
Hellish forms with streaming
hair;
In the barren branches creaking,
By the stagnant swamp-pools
speaking.
Past the shore-cliffs ever
shrieking;
Damn'd demons of despair.

-The Broken Doll"

<Flips On Sunglasses>

Looks like we got's ourselves a myst-orh-ree, boy-o's.
Edited by Kerdic on 8/9/2011 5:40 PM PDT
IT'S SOME SORT OF PLOT TO BRING ALL THE GUILDS OF MOON GUARD TOGETHER!

STOMP IT OUT QUICKLY, LEST WE ALL BE BLEMISHED WITH 'FRIENDSHIP'!!!

I keed, this looks cool.
88 Human Warrior
I don't know, but do I know who knows.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
How do you win this game?
"O'er the midnight moorlands crying,
Through the cypress forests
sighing.
In the night-wind madly flying,
Hellish forms with streaming
hair;
In the barren branches creaking,
By the stagnant swamp-pools
speaking.
Past the shore-cliffs ever
shrieking;
Damn'd demons of despair.

-The Broken Doll"

Sounds like Hellfire Peninsula to me. "cypress forests" being Terrokar. "by the stagnant swamp-pools speaking" I think there are some sort of demon waste pools in Hellfire. Also, there are references to demons.

The only other place I can think of is the Blasted Lands.

Through the Ghoul-Guarded Gateways of Slumber,

Past the Wan-Mooned Abysses of night.

I have lived O'er my lives without number.

I have sounded all things with my sights:

As I struggle and shriek ere the daybreak,

being driven to madness with fright.

-The Broken Doll.

Duskwood? The "Ghoul-Guarded" are the undead in Duskwood. The Gateways of Slumber could the Emerald Dream?

/shrug

EDIT: Broken Doll! If you're still reading this, please send me one! I love there mysteries typer RPs :D

I could actually analyze these riddles fully.
Edited by Danyle on 8/9/2011 5:51 PM PDT
15 Undead Warlock
All I have gotten is:

"Prepare for trouble! Make it double! To protect the world from devastation! To unite all peoples within our nation! To denounce the evils of truth and love! To extend our reach to the stars above! Jessie! James! Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light! Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"
All of the letters seem correlative to the guilds who received them. The League's one seems to reference either the Forsaken or the Undead.

I would have marked it up to be something Lordaeron related, given the past activity from all guilds involved in that sub-continental area, but with the Order of Malorne poked I am not sure.

--

Or, according to Danyle, it could be more literal and actually mean demons. Duskwood sounds about right for Malorne's piece, but given the lore behind Elune's Scythe in the zone I wouldn't be surprised at the Kal'dorei relevance, not to mention the Emerald Dream, etc.
Edited by Kerdic on 8/9/2011 5:55 PM PDT
90 Tauren Priest
All I have gotten is:

"Prepare for trouble! Make it double! To protect the world from devastation! To unite all peoples within our nation! To denounce the evils of truth and love! To extend our reach to the stars above! Jessie! James! Team Rocket, blast off at the speed of light! Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

Meowth! That's right!
All of the letters seem correlative to the guilds who received them. The League's one seems to reference either the Forsaken or the Undead.

I would have marked it up to be something Lordaeron related, given the past activity from all guilds involved in that sub-continental area, but with the Order of Malorne poked I am not sure.

Actually you are right. Thiristfal sounds much more exact then Hellfire/BL. It would also explain the "barren branches" something I could not figure out with Hellfire/BL.

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]