Gilneas, An idea for world pvp continued.

1 Human Hunter
BNUMp
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
bump
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
Bump
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
GREAT IDEA KEEP THIS BUMPED FOR TUES
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
what does bump even mean?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I love all of this. I was in the last Gilneas World PvP thread.
Just an awesome idea, and it should be implemented in the next patch of expansion.
Reply Quote
84 Human Paladin
It seems like a great idea!

My ideas are probably already posted in the other thread, but i guess it cant hurt to post them so..

After each battle there should be a 10 minute period before the next battle can start. During this time (and any time a battle isn't ongoing) there should be a sanctuary outside of the city (for the faction that doesn't hold gilneas) and one inside for the faction that does. In the outside sanctuary there should be an npc that can be talked to in order to begin the battle, and after it is started, a 5 minute warning will broadcasted to all players on the attacking faction.

The defending team will not get this warning, instead they would have to rely on players in the zone to warn them, or a message that would broadcast only after the attackers had begun attacking the city.

I think it would also be nice to see some good strategic elements included in this, like ambush locations that have a chance to spawn guards (based on the numbers on each team) with these locations being optional but providing shortcuts , the ability to call for NPC reinforcements (again, based on numbers) and also a gradual weakening of defenders after each battle. Something like a 4% decrease to run speed, and 5% decrease to damage and health. This could stack up to 5 times.

Again, great idea. I sincerely hope they implement this at some point. If not during cata, in the next xpac
Edited by Darguin on 8/9/2011 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
This is interesting. It sure would keep me going more on my main.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
OP you should relink to the original thread in the original post so people can view the old topic easily:

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2872927892?page=1">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2872927892?page=1</a> Here it is

Yea i had started this one in a hurry so i forgot a couple things lol. It is added now.
Reply Quote
<3 you!

good idea!

But I wanted to add something, remember in old AV you woot loot bodies for supplies to actually bring in a giant summor/reinforcements? Why not have something like that set into this?

1) Like you could loot [useful item] or [useful beam of wood] or hey! maybe even a [useful bag of stone] from slain enemies and after everyone has turned enough in to a zone leader the bridges or buildings (see below) in the zone become reinforced or blockaded.

2) How about destructable buildings in each zone, you could attack them with the seiges or airships? (again see below :) ) If a building is destroyed or damaged you can use the [useful bag of stone/useful beam of wood] and return them to a alliance stonemason/Horde war carpenter to have the buildings repaired. And for each building destroyed, the morale of NPC enemies in the district of the destroyed building decreases, basically meaning they're HP decreases and they damage they do is nerfed just a bit but still enough to be able to kill, but the morale/stats system would not affect players or the district boss.

3) Why not have an airship or two from each faction flying around the city, like 1 from each faction is circling the city well the other 2 are circling the outskirts? Players would be able to become a crew member for either of their factions airships.

inner city crews' job: To shoot down the enemy airship patrolling the city, raining supprision fire on enemy foot soliders, or destroying the buildings of a gilnean district.
outskirts crews' job: To shoot down the enemy airship patrolling the outskirts, and flanking incoming enemy siege machines.

Each time Gilneas switchings controlling hands all buildings and morale and damage is reset.

Edit: Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'm doing this on my droid pro lol.
Edited by Fleurselle on 8/9/2011 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
21 Worgen Warrior
08/09/2011 09:13 AMPosted by Ethenil
what does bump even mean?

it means to push a topic back to the top, to bump it.
Edited by Cistrome on 8/9/2011 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
The battle for Gilneas (Lore wise) is over. The Forsaken have already won by Crowley's surrender for exchange for his daughter. Just saying.

But the idea of a world PvP zone is great!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
The battle for Gilneas (Lore wise) is over. The Forsaken have already won by Crowley's surrender for exchange for his daughter. Just saying.

But the idea of a world PvP zone is great!

This is where you are not correct. The king vowed to return to Gilneas and retake it.

If that's the case, then awesome, may strife ensue.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter
Actually at the end of the fosaken quests the forsaken lost the battle lol go do them in silverpine it wont take you long to get a toon there they are pretty fun
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
Bump.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Too good of an idea to not have a blue post already, what's wrong with them?
Reply Quote
<3 you!

good idea!

But I wanted to add something, remember in old AV you woot loot bodies for supplies to actually bring in a giant summor/reinforcements? Why not have something like that set into this?

1) Like you could loot [useful item] or [useful beam of wood] or hey! maybe even a [useful bag of stone] from slain enemies and after everyone has turned enough in to a zone leader the bridges or buildings (see below) in the zone become reinforced or blockaded.

2) How about destructable buildings in each zone, you could attack them with the seiges or airships? (again see below :) ) If a building is destroyed or damaged you can use the [useful bag of stone/useful beam of wood] and return them to a alliance stonemason/Horde war carpenter to have the buildings repaired. And for each building destroyed, the morale of NPC enemies in the district of the destroyed building decreases, basically meaning they're HP decreases and they damage they do is nerfed just a bit but still enough to be able to kill, but the morale/stats system would not affect players or the district boss.

3) Why not have an airship or two from each faction flying around the city, like 1 from each faction is circling the city well the other 2 are circling the outskirts? Players would be able to become a crew member for either of their factions airships.

inner city crews' job: To shoot down the enemy airship patrolling the city, raining supprision fire on enemy foot soliders, or destroying the buildings of a gilnean district.
outskirts crews' job: To shoot down the enemy airship patrolling the outskirts, and flanking incoming enemy siege machines.

Each time Gilneas switchings controlling hands all buildings and morale and damage is reset.

can you add mine to the list or are they not good?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]