GDKP Run (25M BoT, BWD, Tot4W)

100 Dwarf Hunter
I tried to organize a GDKP run before. Cancelled it due to lack of interest and because of surgery. Now, though, I'm fully recovered, and hopefully we can get more than 3 blokes to sign up.

We will be doing 25-man Normal and Heroic modes. Whether or not we do heroics will depend on whether or not the PuG can handle it.

WTF is a GDKP?

A GDKP run is a run where people go through the instance, and the loot dropped is auctioned off for gold. The gold will go to the Master Looter (me in this case) and will be evenly distributed at the end of the run.

Auction start costs will be as follows:

Normal Mode Trinket: 800g
Normal Mode Armor: 1000g
Normal Mode Armor Tokens: 1100g
Heroic Mode Trinket: 1400g
Heroic Mode Armor: 1800g
Heroic Mode Armor Tokens: 2000g

Prices will go up by 100g per additional bid. If your bid is beaten, you can attempt to outbid 2 more times. Each auction will last 20 seconds. You must bid in raid chat. If 2 people bid the same amount, the first bid will be accepted.

Why bother? You can farm heroics for 359s and do FL trash runs for 378s.

Because it's for gearing up alts, and the fact that JP/FL trash gear doesn't cover every slot.

Gold is worthless nowadays. Why do this for the profit?

If you have an undergeared alt, use this opportunity to spend all that cash. Also, if you're not so rich like myself, and nothing drops for you, use the profit you earn to go towards that 378 BoE you might take a fancy towards.

What are bidding priorities?

Anyone who can use it can bid on it. Main Spec and Off Spec have the same priority. If nobody wants the item, I'll take it and at the end of the run, enchanters will roll for it.

All right, when is it?

Normal Mode: August 19th, 2011 (Friday) at 5 PM Realm Time (4 PM Pacific, 7 PM Eastern).
Heroic Mode: August 26th, 2011 (Friday) at 5 PM Realm Time (4 PM Pacific, 7 PM Eastern).

Who's welcome?

We need geared people and undergeared people. Preferably around even (13-14 geared, 11-12 undergeared).

How do I sign up?

Send "Trollkicker" an in-game mail with:

The name of the character that will be participating
Your Class
Your iLevel
Whether or not you are an enchanter (Yes or no)
Whether or not you can attend both raids, and if not, which raid you can attend

After I get your mail, I'll determine if there is a spot available for you and I'll let you know via mail.

Which raids will we be doing?

Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent, Throne of the Four Winds, on 25-man Normal the first night, and the same raids on Heroic difficulty the second night.

Exactly which bosses will we be doing?

It depends on how late it is and how the raid can handle the bosses. However, I'm hoping we can do this:

Normal Raid Night
BWD: Magmaw, Omnotron. Maloriak, Chimaeron, Atramedes
BoT: Halfus Wyrmbreaker, Valiona and Theralion, Ascendant Council
Tot4W: Conclave of Four Winds, Al'Akir

Heroic Raid Night
BWD: Magmaw, Omnotron, Chimaeron
BoT: Halfus Wyrmbreaker, Valiona and Theralion
Tot4W: Conclave of Four Winds

Will You Be Using a GDKP Addon?

Yes, GDKPd.

I still has a question.

Ask it below or send me an in-game mail.
Edited by Trollkicker on 8/13/2011 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hey,I had a big part in keeping the ICC GDKP Runs going back in Wrath and I think this is great you are trying to get this going. Just a few things I noticed and suggestions I had from my experiences.

What are bidding priorities?

Always Main Spec priority unless nobody wants it. Then, it goes into Off Spec bidding. If nobody wants it for off-spec, it goes to an enchanter for free. If there is more than 1 enchanter, they roll for it.

In my opinion, it is a GDKP run. The item should go to who ever wants to spend the most gold on it regardless of spec or whatever. At the end of the run, I suggest you then take all the crystals from the DE'ed items, and bid those off as well.

08/12/2011 12:32 PMPosted by Trollkicker
If your bid is beaten, you can attempt to outbid 2 more times.

I think limiting the number of times someone can bid will lead to items going for less than they potentially could. Having a set length for each auction is sufficient enough for ensuring loot is handled quickly.

I didn't notice you mentioning if you would be using an addon to handle bids or not, but I suggest doing so, as there are many out there that will help ensure everything goes smoothly for the leader and all the members of the raid. GDKPd and Gold Raid Tracker are both great for this.

I would also stress that the members of the raid insist that all loot distribution rules are posted in Raid Chat before the run begins. This is just protection in case something does happen and someone decides to run off with the money. Not saying that it will happen, but just protection. Blizzard will not do anything unless loot distribution rules are stated in Raid Chat before the run begins.

Take or leave my suggestions. Just wanted to try to help out as much as I could.

Best of luck to you though! I had such a great time with this in Wrath and I hope many of you the same here in Cata.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Thanks for the feedback, especially from an experienced GDKP raid leader.

08/12/2011 06:56 PMPosted by Tinan
In my opinion, it is a GDKP run. The item should go to who ever wants to spend the most gold on it regardless of spec or whatever. At the end of the run, I suggest you then take all the crystals from the DE'ed items, and bid those off as well.

True. Now that you've pointed it out I'll change it, but concerning the crystals.... they're only worth about 200g. I'm just thinking that 200g is such a trivial amount that whoever disenchanted the unwanted epic should get it for free.

I think limiting the number of times someone can bid will lead to items going for less than they potentially could. Having a set length for each auction is sufficient enough for ensuring loot is handled quickly.

I didn't notice you mentioning if you would be using an addon to handle bids or not, but I suggest doing so, as there are many out there that will help ensure everything goes smoothly for the leader and all the members of the raid. GDKPd and Gold Raid Tracker are both great for this.

I would also stress that the members of the raid insist that all loot distribution rules are posted in Raid Chat before the run begins. This is just protection in case something does happen and someone decides to run off with the money. Not saying that it will happen, but just protection. Blizzard will not do anything unless loot distribution rules are stated in Raid Chat before the run begins.

Installed GDKPd. It looks promising enough, and with this amount of gold at stake, we'll need protection (inb4 innuendo).

Thanks for your suggestions. This is my going to be the first time I'll host a GDKP run (second attempt at it though) so pointing out any fallacies in my policies would be greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
True. Now that you've pointed it out I'll change it, but concerning the crystals.... they're only worth about 200g. I'm just thinking that 200g is such a trivial amount that whoever disenchanted the unwanted epic should get it for free.

I would look at it like this.

Say you get 12 items to disenchant. 12 crystals at 200g a pop (your given value) would equal about 2400g. If you give them to the person that DE'ed them for free, that is an extra ~2400g that one person is getting in addition to the gold they will make from the sold items for really no additional work.

Or, you could auction them at the end together. We always just took the entire stack and auctioned them together instead of auctioned them individually. For the sake of simplicity, lets say the bid ends up going to 2400g for the 12 of them. That money there would then go into the overall pot and average out to ~100g a person.

While it many not seem like a huge difference, the crystals are there because of the entire groups effort to kill the boss not just the individual efforts of the enchanter.

If I were a member of the run, I would definitely prefer that I get the extra ~100g for my efforts then giving an ~2400g to one player who did no more than I did in the run.

Again, this is just my opinion, but we had this same sort of discussion in Wrath on what to do with the crystals and an overwhelming majority of the people running with us at the time preferred to have them auctioned at the end.
Edited by Tinan on 8/13/2011 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tinan, are you trying to steal my credit for leading the GDKP run after Sal went poof?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
No, I am saying that even before Sal lead it, I helped start it :-P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Can Jontus come and overpay for stuff again? If so I'll gladly show up to take his money.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I like his 26.1k pixels
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
08/14/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Rukiak
Can Jontus come and overpay for stuff again? If so I'll gladly show up to take his money.

Only if he farts an elephant that eats sour Skittles and drinks margaritas with a pink umbrella.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
This is a disappointment guys. I only had 6 people sign up.

Maybe this realm doesn't like GDKP runs anymore, maybe I'm just not doing it right.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Sorry Troll, I would have sent an mail saying I would help out on one of my alts, but I am at a conference during those time (leaving Friday, back on Sat 27th).
Reply Quote
Doesn't help that maybe less than 100 people actually view the realm forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]