HELP: thinking of moving to another realm

43 Blood Elf Rogue
i've been playing wow for less than a month now, but when i joined i wanted to rp to some extent. A good friend is on this server and suggested it, so i joined. No disrespect to the server at all, but the rp seems to be very very hard to find. I googled top rp servers, the first was moon guard followed by wrymrest accord. i got into the game because i guy i was working with let me play for a while and i liked it (although i talked about wooers to no end)...well long store short, i'm hooked!! i figured most rp servers were just that, but i found out that is not always the case, so i will be moving my too on from this server to the wrymrest accord server (i was told too many bad things about moon guard, i know it's great for rp...but the density coupled with the rep thing is too much for me). so if you have any alts over there please add me (or my alt: bapyana a paladin belf)
Reply Quote
Maligia! No! I`ll miss you! We still have that interview thing in the semi-distant, yet still near future!
Reply Quote
08/12/2011 09:33 PMPosted by Banananana
Maligia! No! I`ll miss you! We still have that interview thing in the semi-distant, yet still near future!

banana i made the move already. by any chance do you have an alt over there?
Reply Quote
Kirin Tor hasn't been a real RP server since Vanilla. My suggestion is to create an alt on other RP servers and test them out. I've seen lots of RPing out in the open in Cities on other RP realms.

Any RPing that goes on here on KT is behind close doors in some basement somewhere.
Reply Quote
moon guard has a rediculous amount of people that rp to the point where there is a perma gm to check things out in goldshire
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Kirin Tor hasn't been a real RP server since Vanilla. My suggestion is to create an alt on other RP servers and test them out. I've seen lots of RPing out in the open in Cities on other RP realms.

Any RPing that goes on here on KT is behind close doors in some basement somewhere.

Generally people who say that don't RP.

I believe what you meant to say was, Kirin Tor hasn't been "much" of an RP server since Wrath as it was definitely a thriving RP server in the time of BC. As for the RP that still exists, it doesn't happen in a basement (although ironically people have been lately), it just happens in small pockets amongst a group of people that actually care that it exists.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there or belongs only to the ERPers.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

I believe what you meant to say was, Kirin Tor hasn't been "much" of an RP server since Wrath as it was definitely a thriving RP server in the time of BC. As for the RP that still exists, it doesn't happen in a basement (although ironically people have been lately), it just happens in small pockets amongst a group of people that actually care that it exists.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there or belongs only to the ERPers.

I think what he means is in comparison to other "more active" rp servers, kt hasn't been a real rp server in a while. I'm on it constantly and I see nothing of rp in any channels, even rp ones. I log on another more active rp server like wrymrest, and trade is full of rp talk from guild recruiting to ic banter.

People even rp in the open and walk around in outfits, emote, etc. =O

I saw more rp on wrymrest in one night then I have in a month on kt. I shouldn't have to search for it on an actual rp server, it should just be there. I do hope it picks up though =/

Reply Quote
08/13/2011 03:11 AMPosted by Maligia

banana i made the move already. by any chance do you have an alt over there?

No, sadly not. All of my characters are either here, or on Bael`gun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I think what he means is in comparison to other "more active" rp servers, kt hasn't been a real rp server in a while. I'm on it constantly and I see nothing of rp in any channels, even rp ones. I log on another more active rp server like wrymrest, and trade is full of rp talk from guild recruiting to ic banter.

I saw more rp on wrymrest in one night then I have in a month on kt. I shouldn't have to search for it on an actual rp server, it should just be there. I do hope it picks up though =/

Makes sense. Alliance side has picked up more than I've seen in the past 5-6 months. Though there are downsides to it. Most of the RP that is present is part of a huuuuuuge clique of people. If you aren't a godmoder, you won't fit in. Some friends and I tested it one night on alts to see if they'd have anything to do with us, and they wouldn't. In fact, some of them are so bad that if you emote to them they will flat out ignore you or "glance" at you. It is a bit irking when you sit and type out an elaborate emote only to have someone walk out of the Inn on you because you're not one of their friends.

But yes, I find Alliance side far more open about RP as of late and a lot of Hordies are faction changing from what I've been hearing in the /rp channel. We're glad to have you guys for sure. It's nice not having to RP with the same 15 people on their alts with the same story lines.
Reply Quote

I agree completely, I did some research and made an alt on a different server and there was soooo much rp! People were running around SMC at all times, there was always conversation in the chats, and I've never seen less than two other people in an Inn at one time. I'm not in any way putting KT down. I miss the guild I was apart of and the people always seemed to be on, no matter when I logged on...it was fun. Now it's like i'm starting over from square one...
Reply Quote
Aw...Maligia, I miss you too. I might make an alt over there just to rp-assassinate you. That`s what friends are for.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Stay away from Scryler Realm, so boring here that I'm transfering back to Kirin Tor. only 5 major horde guilds left. only 13 horde guilds left.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Druid
I find it funny that people have been leaving WRA to come over here to KT....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]