Let's face it, Transmogrification is...

90 Blood Elf Priest
08/17/2011 05:32 PMPosted by Eruzies
So basically according to you, everyone is going to be one tier behind. I don't have a HUGE problem with this idea, I think it's different which is good. I just have doubts that it will go according to plan and create more diversity.

Not everyone, and not always 1 tier. I'm arguing with the premise in the OP that designers won't have any reason to put their heart into new tiers. That's wrong, because now they'll know that fans of that design can carry it over and they'll be encouraged to make lasting designs.
85 Goblin Warlock
hummm if possible, can you answer this (many ppl are asking about it):

Will we have to own the item in order to use this new appearance feature?

Edited by Ununseptium on 8/17/2011 6:13 PM PDT
Community Manager
hummm if possible, can you answer this (many ppl are asking about it):

The question is a bit off topic for this thread, but yes. The item must be in your possession, and you have to be able to use (wear it), at the time of the Transmogrification.

08/17/2011 06:12 PMPosted by Monreale
That's wrong, because now they'll know that fans of that design can carry it over and they'll be encouraged to make lasting designs.

Another excellent point.
Edited by Daxxarri on 8/17/2011 6:18 PM PDT
85 Troll Druid
I'm glad to see there's some agreement with my original post, i was hoping i wasn't the only one afraid of this.
85 Goblin Mage

The question is a bit off topic for this thread, but yes. The item must be in your possession, and you have to be able to use (wear it), at the time of the Transmogrification.

Off-topic or not, this ruined the feature for me.
Community Manager
08/17/2011 06:17 PMPosted by Katsuodashi

Why?
85 Orc Death Knight
If anything this could motivate the art team to make uber awesome tier looks so that people can use that along with T2 and T3 and all that stuff.
90 Troll Priest
I love the community.
We complain for years there is no appearance tab. Then we get it, and we complain its because Blizzard is lazy.

<3 logic
90 Worgen Hunter
08/17/2011 05:28 PMPosted by Zarazar
If it's for all sorts of gear, I doubt I'd bother wasting time to farm the previous Tiers and try to find gear that looks nice together.

This part I do agree with. As some of the world drops and quest greens have their place in fashion.

But I gotta go farm the warglaves on my rogue now. /facepalm
85 Goblin Mage
08/17/2011 06:18 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Why?

I posted a pretty good explanation a few posts up, I will copy-paste that now (if that is ok)

Previous Post:

I will admit that I did not read through all 75 pages of the other thread, that is now locked..

However, great new feature. However, does this mean that all my old armor sets that I destroyed to make room in cata (finally ran out of bank space) will have to be re-farmed? Does this also mean that none of my alts will be able to utilize this feature without first farming (tediously) old gear?

So in essence, this "feature" while wonderful, will be restricted to those that have the most time to go back and farm gear that either A. they destroyed due to storage constraints or B.never had in the first place.

Will we be able to open tickets to get gear we destroyed back?

Edit: Idea - perhaps have a vendor (much like the tabard or pet vendor) that will allow us to get back any gear we destroyed before this announcement was made.
85 Gnome Death Knight
08/17/2011 05:12 PMPosted by Eruzies
No longer will we see new tiers that are Transmogrification worthy like the majority of the low level tier was

Honestly I love t11, I have the full 5pce tank set, and matching boots... and a warrior belt!? FAIL!

now that I'm geared, and stuff has been nerfed, I use the plate DPS belt (crit/mastery) that matches the dk set.
Can we please get the "...and you can’t ... transform a sword’s appearance into that of a mace." part removed? I can understand not having players change a Two Handed weapon into a One Handed weapon or vice-verse, also I understand not wanting say a rogue to be able to change their daggers into non daggers. My point though is that we should be able to change any non dagger weapon into any other non dagger weapon, this is how I feel because of the fact that since Cata there have been no off handed sword weapons, this means no glaive sets and no off hand sword transmogrification. If my memory is correct there aren't any pesky talents that would make this cause any confusion and there aren't any attacks that require a specific weapons outside of daggers which would still be enforced.
Edited by Najja on 8/17/2011 6:24 PM PDT
90 Troll Priest
08/17/2011 06:21 PMPosted by Katsuodashi

Why?

I posted a pretty good explanation a few posts up, I will copy-paste that now (if that is ok)

Previous Post:

I will admit that I did not read through all 75 pages of the other thread, that is now locked..

However, great new feature. However, does this mean that all my old armor sets that I destroyed to make room in cata (finally ran out of bank space) will have to be re-farmed? Does this also mean that none of my alts will be able to utilize this feature without first farming (tediously) old gear?

So in essence, this "feature" while wonderful, will be restricted to those that have the most time to go back and farm gear that either A. they destroyed due to storage constraints or B.never had in the first place.

Edit: Idea - perhaps have a vendor (much like the tabard or pet vendor) that will allow us to get back any gear we destroyed before this announcement was made.

As someone who destroyed all my old gear before Cata, I actually agree with this sentiment.
That being said, it didn't ruin the feature for me. In fact, I'm thinking about going with a friend to go try to get some of the old stuff over the coming weeks.
85 Worgen Death Knight
Daxxarri, This might be slightly off topic but, with the new feature, will there be a way to change sheathing positions? Say, make a one-handed sword go on your back? Even if the model your copying doesn't normally go there?

With that in mind, if the feature does have this, I hope the art team will start using the back sheath more then the side version, mainly because, it's just that awesome.
85 Goblin Mage

Previous Post:

As someone who destroyed all my old gear before Cata, I actually agree with this sentiment.
That being said, it didn't ruin the feature for me. In fact, I'm thinking about going with a friend to go try to get some of the old stuff over the coming weeks.

I think it is awesome that you have the time to do that. :P. However, in my case (and I am sure others), I have a full raid schedule and a full RBG schedule on another toon and a full time career, I don't foresee me having enough time to go back and re-visit raid content, at least to extent it would require to form another set, that I had previously owned (but destroyed).
90 Blood Elf Priest
A series of vendors selling old quest, tier, and other types of gear would be a phenomenal gold sink. Do eeet. Do eeet naow!
90 Goblin Shaman
How far zoomed in do you keep your screen? Honestly, when I'm in a raid, a BG or even a 5 man, I'm usually zoomed out as far as I can go to see my surroundings and other players position relative to mine. I barely notice someone's gear. Is it really that much of an issue to players that you want everything to match? I can understand for those on a RP realm, but for everyone else?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]