Let's face it, Transmogrification is...

90 Night Elf Druid
08/17/2011 06:33 PMPosted by Psiven
and/or has a helm that must be hidden at all costs

This alone is enough of a reason. Druid gear's never been truly awful but there are still some pieces I'd much rather have never been seen wearing - eg., T1 grey quilt robes, T12 ornamental muppet helm.

Think mogging should be restricted to the main world alone though - with gear reverting back to its default appearance in BGs/Arenas.
85 Draenei Shaman

God forbid Blizzard doesn't hand everything out for 0 effort, it's an MMO go play an RPG with cheats if you want stuff handed to you.

If you had read his second post, this isn't what he is saying at all. I spent months farming gear in previous content and destroyed due to space constraints. I don't like the idea of having to go back and re-farm that.

My suggestion was to make a vendor (much like the pet/tabard vendors) where those who did destroy these previous sets (way before this announcement was made) can "buy-back" the gear they destroyed. That allows ppl who never farmed in the first place the opportunity to go back into those raids "fresh" and those of us who did farm, tediously to re-purchase said gear.

Honestly, the technical limitation is nigh-impossible. Sure a lot of people destroyed gear(Me included), but this feature didn't exist then and it only has a positive aspect from now on out.
90 Draenei Hunter
Aion has had an armor re-skinning feature for a long time. You would be surprised at how many players love to modify the look of their gear. They even pay some RL dollars for some special skin sets, like a skin that will make a 2-handed sword resemble a light saber in game. WoW is just now catching onto this re-skinning trend. I think it will be more popular than ppl are giving it credit for.
And the re-skinning doesn't change the stats, it merely changes the texture/model. So it is really just an artistic value at best.
Edited by Dreamlifter on 8/17/2011 6:55 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
It will be amazing. I am going to love it.

I've already got my outfit all picked out (and no, it is not all Vanilla gear), with a backup just in case the first set has problems being transmogrified.
50 Draenei Warrior
Great...

Lf5m, BT, taking my warrior tank instead of my OP DK tank so that I can get bullwark of azzinoth for my warrior.

*six months later*
rogue : Hey, Illidan dropped a warglaive... thats cool
Me : *beats head against desk because on the 24th kill the damn shield still hasnt dropped*

Curiosity.

With tier gear, why not allow those who have cleared all the raids in vanilla access to the tier gear from Vanilla, the raids from BC access to the BC tier, etc.

Doing the raids once would not be hard. People would continuously be running them just to access them in the transmogrifier.

Of course, if you have the full tier set, you could still do it that way, but this way, the transmogrifier for past outdated sets is less about luck, and more about, well, clearing the things that the gear comes from.
85 Goblin Mage

If you had read his second post, this isn't what he is saying at all. I spent months farming gear in previous content and destroyed due to space constraints. I don't like the idea of having to go back and re-farm that.

My suggestion was to make a vendor (much like the pet/tabard vendors) where those who did destroy these previous sets (way before this announcement was made) can "buy-back" the gear they destroyed. That allows ppl who never farmed in the first place the opportunity to go back into those raids "fresh" and those of us who did farm, tediously to re-purchase said gear.

Honestly, the technical limitation is nigh-impossible. Sure a lot of people destroyed gear(Me included), but this feature didn't exist then and it only has a positive aspect from now on out.

Positive to you doesn't necessarily mean positive to someone else. I am happy for you however, truly. My opinion differs and that's ok, we as humans tend to have differing opinions. I just don't see where I can fit in re-farming gear with my current raid and rbg schedule and career.
70 Night Elf Rogue
Why would you assume that you can just morph any item to look like any item without owning it? That would just be stupid. If you want it to look like old gear, farm the old gear. If it doesn't exist anymore, well, you should've held onto it. Obviously it wasn't all that important in the first place for you to vendor it.
90 Orc Death Knight
Now I'm sad I destroyed my T10 gear :(
85 Worgen Hunter
TNS
The OP is why I hate MMO's sometime. There is NOTHING wrong with adding more customization. NOTHING.

Right now, everyone looks the same in their tier/pvp/heroic sets.

Now, players can customize their look and that's friggin awesome! You think it will be all tier sets? Players are MUCH more clever than you give them credit for. We will make our own looks based off of 6+ years of armor/gear.

I still have my demonstalker set. I still have rhok, I still have gronn stalker and I'm gonna pimp that ish.
85 Goblin Mage
08/17/2011 06:53 PMPosted by Zxillius
Why would you assume that you can just morph any item to look like any item without owning it? That would just be stupid. If you want it to look like old gear, farm the old gear. If it doesn't exist anymore, well, you should've held onto it. Obviously it wasn't all that important in the first place for you to vendor it.

I think this is a silly statement. The "importance" of the items would have been very much different if we had known this was being implemented. I had lots of armor sets that, because of space constraints, I was forced to part with. Not out of desire or want.
81 Draenei Shaman
08/17/2011 05:12 PMPosted by Eruzies
What's the point of Blizzard trying to astound people with aesthetics anymore now that every paladin in the world is going to resemble a banana.

making something better than the banana?
90 Tauren Paladin
Sometimes, new armor looks badass. Sometimes, it doesn't -- this is all a matter of opinion. I know that I would change the look of Pally Tier 12. Tier 11 was OK, though. Tier 13 might be something I like... if it is, great, if not, I can transmogrify and be happy with my looks.

Rest assured, right now the one thing that is bugging the HECK out of me is that my shoulders are Troll Skulls and Bamboo and the rest of my armor has got this cobalt blue theme going on. I want a more uniform look, and transmogrifying should be able to do that.
50 Draenei Warrior
Heres a suggestion for all of you...

Rather than tie this to items you only own... why not tie it to items you've had access to via boss kills?

For example ~ the achievement for clearing BWL will grant you access to all of the gear from BWL, same for TK or SWP. As long as you have the achievement for completing that raid instance, that raid gear will be open to you, including the tier set pieces relevant to that raid.

For the LK and cata expansion, tie the option of using tier gear to only be open if you've completed the entire tier. IE: to use t11 models you'll need to have completed BWD and BoT (maybe To4W as well, but eh that place sucked). To use t7 you'll need to have cleared naxx+sarth+maly.

The same can hold true for old instances as well, got the achievement? Good, you can put on any of the gear taht drops there. And for quests as well. Done the quest? Cool, you can use any of the equippable rewards.

That would still retain that you had to DO the content to get access to the gear, without also forcing players to participate in gear grinds in outdated content that no one is going to want to participate in.
90 Blood Elf Mage
08/17/2011 05:22 PMPosted by Unseenbefore
I'm just glad everyone won't look the same anymore.

This

Let us not forget the horrible sets in wrath, were every plate wearer looked the same with a diff tint and same for cloth. for "unity" yeah im sure.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Will the transmogrifier require you to have the gear you want to change it to? Like will I need to have the full tier 8 set to chance my tier 12 to it? If so, what about the people who had that awesome gear but deleted it for bank space? Will I have to go back and farm it again?

Oh and one more thing, if I have (for example) two pieces of 25 man tier 8 and three pieces of 10 man tier 8, will I be able to make my tier 12 gear look like a full set of 10 or 25 tier 8? Or will it have to be mix matched until I get a full set of one or the other?

Sorry if this was answered before.
80 Dwarf Paladin
Any other female dwarves ditching their tabard and popping on

Warrior's Embrace?

LET US BLIND THE HORDE AND LEAD THE ALLIANCE TO VICTORY!
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/17/2011 06:55 PMPosted by Katsuodashi
I think this is a silly statement. The "importance" of the items would have been very much different if we had known this was being implemented. I had lots of armor sets that, because of space constraints, I was forced to part with. Not out of desire or want.

This is a very common problem and I really feel for people that had to give up pieces of gear due to space. I wish I still had a lot of the gear I've let go of over the years. Dungeon set .5 pieces? Yeah...I'm kicking myself now.

But at least for the future, we'll have the Void Storage, or bank, or whatever...to put gear in so we never have to lose sweet looking pieces of armor.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/17/2011 06:41 PMPosted by Laina

Why?

Because unless your a tank, assembling a group on a regular basis to get the gear you want is going to be nigh impossible.

A lot of Vanilla sets I can't refarm. I just can't. I had them, at one time a long, long time ago, but that's ancient history. I can't go into ZG and farm up tokens again. I can't do the AQ quests all over again. Because of this, those sets are long gone for me?

That doesn't seem right. I can understand having people farm up to the last 5 tiers or so, but beyond that, it shouldn't be necessary, or if it is necessary, remove the raid lockouts for a couple expansions back. At least don't make us play loot roulette in level 60 and 70 raids for months on end.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]