Transmogrification in Character API

1 Troll Rogue
I know that Transmogrification was just announced, and 4.3 isn't live yet, and the specs for it might not even be solid in-game yet.

However, I'd just like to register my interest in having the transmogrified-from item id on items that were changed. One could have a site that, for example, describes the latest in death knight fashion, by polling and tallying what sword is the popular weapon skin this month. Or maybe you've seen a character in-game, and want to look up all the items that she's wearing, and the source for their appearance.

Thanks.

P.S. Thanks for recently allowing expired subs to post in this forum.
Reply Quote
Web & Mobile Team
08/18/2011 08:13 AMPosted by Ujournal
However, I'd just like to register my interest in having the transmogrified-from item id on items that were changed. One could have a site that, for example, describes the latest in death knight fashion, by polling and tallying what sword is the popular weapon skin this month. Or maybe you've seen a character in-game, and want to look up all the items that she's wearing, and the source for their appearance.

There are a lot of things still up in the air regarding how transmogrified items are going to be represented through the API.

:)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Ujournal start a trial account and lvl a char to 10 .. they dont expire any more and you can post :) i could be wrong tho.. lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

I was wondering why you seemed to have multiple forum personality thing going on there for a while :-p.
Reply Quote
MVP
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/18/2011 08:28 AMPosted by Ulminia
Ujournal start a trial account and lvl a char to 10 .. they dont expire any more and you can post :) i could be wrong tho.. lol

Nope, you're correct, Ulminia! They are no longer "trial" accounts, now they are "Starter" accounts, and do not expire.
Can starter accounts transmogrify?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I don't exactly know where I should post this.

I'm trying to transmog the whole Dark Leather set, but I can't do the gloves. They have no "stats" other than lockpicking skill increase. Seems kind of pointless to not be able to transmog only one piece of an entire set.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I don't exactly know where I should post this.

I'm trying to transmog the whole Dark Leather set, but I can't do the gloves. They have no "stats" other than lockpicking skill increase. Seems kind of pointless to not be able to transmog only one piece of an entire set.

You'll want General Discussion so that Blizzard game developers can see it. This forum is for third-party developers and we have no control over Blizzard's game decisions.
Edited by Raimondas on 1/19/2012 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]