'Mogging a BoE

56 Undead Death Knight
Simple question. Will transmogrifying a BOE item cause it to become soulbound? My example would be could I borrow a friend's unequipped Teebu's Blazing Longsword to get lightsabers then pass it back?
Edited by Etoxic on 8/18/2011 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yes
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Good question. They only said the item had to be equippable by you but they never said you actually had to equip it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I think it would be smart for them to make them become soulbound. This example is the perfect reason for it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Probably.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm fairly certain (no source) the items you wish to mimic must go (and stay) in the void storage. This is my own take on how things will work.
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
I ask because I was bummed to read the restrictions on weapons. I have a Blade of Wizardry and Spellfire Longsword. Thing is main-hand can not be transmorged to one-hand. If Blizzard eased that single restriction on weapons we could have a lot more to play with. There is also The Turning Tide which matches heroic Wrath DK very well. But alas, it is main-hand as well.
Edited by Etoxic on 8/18/2011 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
mmm, Hunter weapon for the bow.

Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers
Edited by Hät on 8/18/2011 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
Is there a suggestion forum anymore? I didn't see one. I think if Blizzard would remove the main, one, off-hand restrictions of weapons we could see some really cool combo's of weapons.
Edited by Etoxic on 8/18/2011 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
08/18/2011 12:00 PMPosted by Soliria
I'm fairly certain (no source) the items you wish to mimic must go (and stay) in the void storage. This is my own take on how things will work.

This has never been said or even implied.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
From the interface, it looks like the x-mogged item needs to be equipped when you x-mog it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
this picture hints that you will most likely need to equip the item in a second window along the lines of socketing a gem. whether or not it will bind the items is unknown but id be willing to bet youll need to keep the items socketed in their respective spots to keep them transformed. no one will know for sure untill its released.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/august/transmo2.jpg
Edited by Vellektrå on 8/18/2011 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Simple question. Will transmorging a BOE item cause it to become soulbound? My example would be could I borrow a friend's unequipped Teebu's Blazing Longsword to get lightsabers then pass it back?

Yes, they become soulbound. No, you couldn't pass around a Teebu's in that fashion.

If you Transmogrify a Bind on Equip item, it will become bound to you. Items used in Transmogrification will also become non-refundable and non-tradeable as well.

08/18/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Vellektrå
id be willing to bet youll need to keep the items socketed in their respective spots to keep them transformed. no one will know for sure untill its released.

Nah, you can grab an item, 'mog one or more soulbound items with it, and then put it back into storage.

08/18/2011 12:00 PMPosted by Soliria
I'm fairly certain (no source) the items you wish to mimic must go (and stay) in the void storage.

Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

The Void Storage is at least partially intended to complement Transmogrification, so that bank space is at slightly less of a premium. In short, if you've got enough bank space to keep those old pieces of gear around and still have enough room for your other stuff, then good on ya. If you're running out of room, then Void Storage is a good place to stash those old armor pieces that you'll only really drag out when it's time to 'mog something.
Edited by Daxxarri on 8/18/2011 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
It's hard to conclude from the interface. It might be just drag item to x-mog from into proper slot. I have no issue if items become soulbound....if they remove the main, one, off-hand restrictions. As a DK, we don't get the full benefits of this system since we are late-bloomers.

I think the lock T5 is one of the best armors in-game and it seems really Death Knightyish to me. I found three pieces not restricted to locks and was going to farm them and DW Tempest of Chaos . Helm was going to be Cursed Vision of Sargeras with T12 gloves. But with all the restrictions I know as a DK, I am going to be tanking for friends who are farming all the cool stuff with nothing for me to get. I'm glad X-mogging is here, but for the first time as a DK, I regret having him as my main.
Reply Quote
56 Undead Death Knight
08/18/2011 01:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Simple question. Will transmorging a BOE item cause it to become soulbound? My example would be could I borrow a friend's unequipped Teebu's Blazing Longsword to get lightsabers then pass it back?

Yes, they become soulbound. No, you couldn't pass around a Teebu's in that fashion.

If you Transmogrify a Bind on Equip item, it will become bound to you. Items used in Transmogrification will also become non-refundable and non-tradeable as well.

08/18/2011 12:57 PMPosted by Vellektrå
id be willing to bet youll need to keep the items socketed in their respective spots to keep them transformed. no one will know for sure untill its released.

Nah, you can grab an item, 'mog one or more soulbound items with it, and then put it back into storage.

Thanks for the reply Dax. Any chance of passing along to Devs about the weapon restrictions I listed? If that was lifted, I have no issues with items becoming soulbound and will give me something to do on my DK :D
Edited by Etoxic on 8/18/2011 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

then i love this even more now! XD ty
Reply Quote
73 Tauren Warrior
Mog heh? Sweet now I can stop using transmo, transmog, trans etc...

=D
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Mog heh? Sweet now I can stop using transmo, transmog, trans etc...

=D

No dammit. It's TRANSMO. Transmo. Transmo. Transmo.

You guys can mog all you want. Like I said, it's only going to be a matter of time before they make an instance called the M of G. Then you guys can all be confused. And I'll be like, "I'm not confused. I've been calling it Transmo since Cata. Noobs."

Transmo.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
08/18/2011 11:57 AMPosted by Etoxic
transmorging

stopped reading there
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
I'm going to tack my question on here instead of creating another thread, because it is similar in nature.

So far, we have been told that you can only mog something from the same armor class to the same armor class. So, I'm going to be moging plate to plate, swords to swords, and the like.

What about holy plate? Could I for instance, go farm up the entire boss / trash drop holy plate paladin knock off set from ulduar 10 (the colors look ok) and then the gloves that look good with it from the ICC's, and mog my DK tanking armor to that?

none of the items would "say" paladin, and I could equip them all, but then..... i would look like a Troll Holy Paladin wielding my Draconic Avenger of doom.... Is this OK? Will Warriors and DK's be told "No Way Jose" to the Holy Plate?

For reference, here is a Wowhead item comparison link to the set of gear I speak of:

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=45305:45698:46028:45936:45321:45975:45680:47567:19354

Because if I can look like that? Game on man. Game on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]