'Mogging a BoE

90 Night Elf Rogue
08/18/2011 01:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
If you're running out of room, then Void Storage is a good place to stash those old armor pieces that you'll only really drag out when it's time to 'mog something.

Oh. So we'll have to have the item actually in our bags in order to use it for moggymogging? The ethereals can't, yknow, just *sense* what gear we have in our banks or our void storage that we might want to use as a template for moggling a new piece of gear?

And does the same go for moving items from our bank to void storage -- do we need to move stuff from the bank to our bags first, then from there into the void? Or will efficient and ingenious use of wormhole technology allow us to move stuff directly from our bank into our little section of the void?
Reply Quote
One other question -- what about transmog'ing items which are part of sets but don't have stats?

For example, Imperial Plate?

Can you please make it where all set items are eligible to be transmog templates?

edit: I guess what I mean is: Is set membership considered a stat?
Edited by Inardesco on 8/18/2011 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Am I going to be able to morg a plate helm into http://www.wowhead.com/item=23909 ? It says head, but not a specific type ( no plate/cloth/mail etc).
Thanks!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm going to tack my question on here instead of creating another thread, because it is similar in nature.

So far, we have been told that you can only mog something from the same armor class to the same armor class. So, I'm going to be moging plate to plate, swords to swords, and the like.

What about holy plate? Could I for instance, go farm up the entire boss / trash drop holy plate paladin knock off set from ulduar 10 (the colors look ok) and then the gloves that look good with it from the ICC's, and mog my DK tanking armor to that?

none of the items would "say" paladin, and I could equip them all, but then..... i would look like a Troll Holy Paladin wielding my Draconic Avenger of doom.... Is this OK? Will Warriors and DK's be told "No Way Jose" to the Holy Plate?

I kind of covered this in another thread, but basically, if you can equip it and it has stats, then you can probably use it to transmogrify another item you can wear as long as it's of the same armor or weapon type.

There are some additional restrictions, but some of those rules are still being batted around a bit.

Yes, "batted". It's my understanding that our development team is mostly kittens.*

*Our development team isn't actually kittens.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/18/2011 02:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Disappointed.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Negative, Ghostrider, the pattern is full.

What is with this? Two days in a row now this phrase has been used by blue. It's almost like they're purposely referencing Top Gun for some reason. Could it have anything to do with the next expansion or even the next patch? Do we get to fly sorties against Deathwing?

Or did you all just watch Top Gun at the last Big Blue Bash?

The transmogrifying thing sounds neat, by the way. I'm kind of anxious to see how it works out. Its been wanted for a long time.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I'm curious does a person actually have to have an old armor set (as a hunter I'll say giantstalker set) to actually transmogrify it, or can you just go ahead and change it without actually getting it? because I'm really going to regret being the type that deletes or sells old armor pieces if you need them to change things... lol
Edited by Ger on 8/18/2011 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Negative, Ghostcrawler, the pallies are nerfed.

Fixed that ^ and I need someone say that to him PLEASE!!! Just for giggles.

As far as actual questions: (and this may have been answered so if it has forgive me angry Blue man!)

Do the stats from the original item (say T10 pally armor) have to be the same as the T12 pally armor? Like Ret can only mog sets designed for Rets, Holy can only wear sets designed for Holy? I know with the very early sets it doesn't really matter since there was only 1 class set, but with the later sets where there were 3 sets can I use the Prot set to mog my Ret set even though the stats don't match totally?
Edited by Immanis on 8/18/2011 2:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
08/18/2011 02:05 PMPosted by Fanahlia
Disappointed.

Me too.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
'mog
That's what I shall be referring to this from now on.

Thank you. transmorgrify was too long and I'm sure I've never spelled it right.

I appreciate this.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
08/18/2011 02:14 PMPosted by Ger
I'm curious does a person actually have to have an old armor set (as a hunter I'll say giantstalker set) to actually transmogrify it, or can you just go ahead and change it without actually getting it? because I'm really going to regret being the type that deletes or sells old armor pieces if you need them to change things... lol

You do need to actually possess the items. If you've recently (within a month or two tops) deleted the items, I would suggest you open a ticket and kindly as the GMs to do their best to work their magic and get you the items back. It's not a guarantee that they can however, and if it has been longer, don't even try. They 100 percent will not return the items and you'll just bog down the ticket system.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
08/18/2011 02:28 PMPosted by Sheldorr
You do need to actually possess the items. If you've recently (within a month or two tops) deleted the items, I would suggest you open a ticket and kindly as the GMs to do their best to work their magic and get you the items back. It's not a guarantee that they can however, and if it has been longer, don't even try. They 100 percent will not return the items and you'll just bog down the ticket system.

it has been a lot longer, and I wouldn't bother opening a ticket for it anyway... It will be nice to have a blue confirmation on this though... I'm sure I'm not the only person to play this game that has deleted old sets of armor.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
I'm going to tack my question on here instead of creating another thread, because it is similar in nature.

So far, we have been told that you can only mog something from the same armor class to the same armor class. So, I'm going to be moging plate to plate, swords to swords, and the like.

What about holy plate? Could I for instance, go farm up the entire boss / trash drop holy plate paladin knock off set from ulduar 10 (the colors look ok) and then the gloves that look good with it from the ICC's, and mog my DK tanking armor to that?

none of the items would "say" paladin, and I could equip them all, but then..... i would look like a Troll Holy Paladin wielding my Draconic Avenger of doom.... Is this OK? Will Warriors and DK's be told "No Way Jose" to the Holy Plate?

I kind of covered this in another thread, but basically, if you can equip it and it has stats, then you can probably use it to transmogrify another item you can wear as long as it's of the same armor or weapon type.

There are some additional restrictions, but some of those rules are still being batted around a bit.

Yes, "batted". It's my understanding that our development team is mostly kittens.*

Do the stats from the original item (say T10 pally armor) have to be the same as the T12 pally armor? Like Ret can only mog sets designed for Rets, Holy can only wear sets designed for Holy? I know with the very early sets it doesn't really matter since there was only 1 class set, but with the later sets where there were 3 sets can I use the Prot set to mog my Ret set even though the stats don't match totally?

This was answered like...2 posts up lol.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter

it has been a lot longer, and I wouldn't bother opening a ticket for it anyway... It will be nice to have a blue confirmation on this though... I'm sure I'm not the only person to play this game that has deleted old sets of armor.

Well, I've already seen at least 2 blue posts on this confirming which is why I answered. Here is one from Bashiok.

08/18/2011 02:07 PMPosted by Bashiok
1. If we have already had, and destroyed, gear to make bag space in the past. Will there be ANY way for us to avoid having to refarm the gear, or, will closer to release will the "Must have" restriction be changed into something else?

No, it's necessary to have both the item you want to make look like something else, and the item you're using the 'look' of.
Edited by Sheldorr on 8/18/2011 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Hey Daxx, Will any part of this Transmorging thing be premium?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I knew it... druids the whole lot of ya.
Edited by Thasea on 8/18/2011 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Mogging. All the cool people are doing it these days. Err...will be doing it...uh...soon?™
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
08/18/2011 02:33 PMPosted by Sheldorr
Well, I've already seen at least 2 blue posts on this confirming which is why I answered. Here is one from Bashiok.

well thanks for finding that... that is really stupid, maybe they can add a premium feature there where you can change your stuff if you pay real money instead *eye roller*
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Rogue
If you Transmogrify a Bind on Equip item, it will become bound to you. Items used in Transmogrification will also become non-refundable and non-tradeable as well.

Buuuuuuut.... what about Heirlooms? Will we be able to transmogrify heirlooms and so be even more annoying in low-level BGs?

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]