'Mogging a BoE

56 Undead Death Knight
08/18/2011 02:54 PMPosted by Yammerhole
[quote="30321137054"]If you Transmogrify a Bind on Equip item, it will become bound to you. Items used in Transmogrification will also become non-refundable and non-tradeable as well.

I understand that one. That is so we don't get something from a vendor, mog it, then cash it back in. Does that mean we can use PVP gear and weapons as well?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Is 'mogging the new verb for the process?

I like it!
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

I like it!

NO!! It's Transmo. For the last time. TRANSMO.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I hear mog and I think white fluffy creature with purple dragon wings... I'm just sayin'
but I have nothing against them :)

Also I'll tack on my QQ

HALP ME undelete my Ice Barbed Spear Q_____Q
Reply Quote
10 Human Paladin

I like it!

NO!! It's Transmo. For the last time. TRANSMO.

Yo quit hating my mogging.
Reply Quote
19 Troll Warrior
This sounds like fun so when I'm 70 85 will be need rolling gear i need from Sunwell.

GG blizz-keep riding this train into ground!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
This sounds like fun so when I'm 70 85 will be need rolling gear i need from Sunwell.

GG blizz-keep riding this train into ground!

Is this a real complaint? Lol.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
08/18/2011 02:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
*Our development team isn't actually kittens.
Could we just pretend they are?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Simple question. Will transmogrifying a BOE item cause it to become soulbound? My example would be could I borrow a friend's unequipped Teebu's Blazing Longsword to get lightsabers then pass it back?

Yes U can
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
Simple question. Will transmogrifying a BOE item cause it to become soulbound? My example would be could I borrow a friend's unequipped Teebu's Blazing Longsword to get lightsabers then pass it back?

Yes U can

Actually, no you can't.

08/18/2011 01:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Simple question. Will transmorging a BOE item cause it to become soulbound? My example would be could I borrow a friend's unequipped Teebu's Blazing Longsword to get lightsabers then pass it back?

Yes, they become soulbound. No, you couldn't pass around a Teebu's in that fashion.

If you Transmogrify a Bind on Equip item, it will become bound to you. Items used in Transmogrification will also become non-refundable and non-tradeable as well.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Sucks to be a DK all the other classes get the sweet gear that was from vanilla
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm going to tack my question on here instead of creating another thread, because it is similar in nature.

So far, we have been told that you can only mog something from the same armor class to the same armor class. So, I'm going to be moging plate to plate, swords to swords, and the like.

What about holy plate? Could I for instance, go farm up the entire boss / trash drop holy plate paladin knock off set from ulduar 10 (the colors look ok) and then the gloves that look good with it from the ICC's, and mog my DK tanking armor to that?

none of the items would "say" paladin, and I could equip them all, but then..... i would look like a Troll Holy Paladin wielding my Draconic Avenger of doom.... Is this OK? Will Warriors and DK's be told "No Way Jose" to the Holy Plate?

I kind of covered this in another thread, but basically, if you can equip it and it has stats, then you can probably use it to transmogrify another item you can wear as long as it's of the same armor or weapon type.

There are some additional restrictions, but some of those rules are still being batted around a bit.

Yes, "batted". It's my understanding that our development team is mostly kittens.*

*Our development team isn't actually kittens.

I laughed.

BTW, can you Mogrify off-hand items. Like an off-hand book into an off-hand lantern?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
08/18/2011 04:10 PMPosted by Khago
Sucks to be a DK all the other classes get the sweet gear that was from vanilla

I don't understand. How are DKs gimped on this?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
What about tier sets? Will the tier bonus go away after transmorg? Maybe this information was already put out, but I haven't found it yet.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
08/18/2011 04:27 PMPosted by Fumblemuffin
What about tier sets? Will the tier bonus go away after transmorg? Maybe this information was already put out, but I haven't found it yet.

Are you asking about your current tier? Such as if you're wearing tier 12 and you trans all the gear?

I don't have a blue post to back this up, but I would think it seeing as it is only a cosmetic change. You are changing the skin, not swapping stats and such.
Reply Quote
08/18/2011 04:27 PMPosted by Fumblemuffin
what would possibly make you think this would be the case?

you don't lose/change any of the stats/tangible benefits of the gear, you simply change its appearance. that's it.
Edited by Charlton on 8/18/2011 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
08/18/2011 01:04 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Simple question. Will transmorging a BOE item cause it to become soulbound? My example would be could I borrow a friend's unequipped Teebu's Blazing Longsword to get lightsabers then pass it back?

Yes, they become soulbound. No, you couldn't pass around a Teebu's in that fashion.

If you Transmogrify a Bind on Equip item, it will become bound to you. Items used in Transmogrification will also become non-refundable and non-tradeable as well.

Please reconsider items becoming non-refundable and non-tradeable. One of the most frustrating parts of being a feral is the fact that our belts, boots, and bracers are always modeled after rogue gear. Ideally I could take a boomkin/resto piece when it drops in raid or buy it from the VP vendor and transmogrify my pieces to complete my druid "look". But now you're telling me I have to waste VP or not Disenchant an extra piece of gear in order to complete my look. It seems a little unfair to those classes/specs that don't get spec specific gear in their set visual (enhance shammy, ret pally, ferals, etc...)

I fully understand you don't want someone to take every drop in a raid or vp, transmogrify it, and it return it. But there has to be a happy medium.
Reply Quote
I find it funny that he didnt seem to actually answer if a DK will be able to 'use' holy paladin gear..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]