Infinite dragonflight: good or evil

90 Night Elf Druid
what is your point of view of the Infinite dragonflight?
are they good or are they evil?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
Honestly felt they were good dragons.

IIRC, they were intervening in Old Hillsbrad (to prevent Thrall from escaping/living) and Black Morass (to prevent Medivh from opening the Dark Portal), but were absent for Mount Hyjal (where the timeline most likely would have been fine without any sort of interruption). Not sure about the story in strat.

I believe they are a subsect/the future of the Bronze Dragonflight, so they would be able to know the long-term outcomes of our current actions.

Supposedly War of the Ancients will be the next CoT instance/raid, so maybe some clarification will be found there.
Reply Quote
The titans told Nozdormu when he was made an aspect that there is only ONE true timestream. The infinite dragonflight seeks to destroy that timestream by warping it. They are evil.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
08/05/2011 06:35 PMPosted by Xmz
Not sure about the story in strat.
They planned to kill Arthas to prevent him from becoming a Death Knight and killing his father/becoming the Lich King.

The problem then is that Kil'Jaeden is in command of the Scourge, and I'd rather have Arthas on the throne than one of the most powerful and cunning entities in the known universe.
Reply Quote
08/05/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Darstine
Not sure about the story in strat.
They planned to kill Arthas to prevent him from becoming a Death Knight and killing his father/becoming the Lich King.

The problem then is that Kil'Jaeden is in command of the Scourge, and I'd rather have Arthas on the throne than one of the most powerful and cunning entities in the known universe.

Also this. Anything that they do to change the timestream would have us worse of than we are now. In the book one of the timestreams had Thrall dying as a baby, which caused Blackmoore to rise to power, steal Lordaeron from Arthas/Terenas, prevent the scourge and the creation of the forsaken, but at the same time he was making moves to become the next supreme evil like Arthas did in our timeline.

But on the good side, Arthas and Jaina had gotten married and Arthas and Varian were like BFFs. How awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
http://www.wow.joystiq.com/2010/03/24/know-your-lore-the-infinite-dragonflight/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/05/2011 06:45 PMPosted by Cogladdle
Just because future nozdormu doesn't agree with the titans, doesn't mean he is evil. Looking at what the infinite dragonflight is trying to do, i'd say we were the evil ones for stopping them. Im just curious though, why even bother with thrall in old hillsbrad, if they're going to attempt to stop medivh from opening the portal right after? And with the culling of stray, why not just go after malgannis before the plague was even spread at all? The infinite dragonflight sure does pick some weird times to intervene and change history.

when it came to old hills brad they failed so the portal was the 2nd pick
Reply Quote
08/05/2011 06:45 PMPosted by Cogladdle
Just because future nozdormu doesn't agree with the titans, doesn't mean he is evil. Looking at what the infinite dragonflight is trying to do, i'd say we were the evil ones for stopping them. Im just curious though, why even bother with thrall in old hillsbrad, if they're going to attempt to stop medivh from opening the portal right after? And with the culling of stray, why not just go after malgannis before the plague was even spread at all? The infinite dragonflight sure does pick some weird times to intervene and change history.

As I said, every other timeline has us infinitely worse off than we are now.The infinite dragonflight isn't seeking to change the timelines out of the goodness of their hearts. It was created because, to research why Deathwing was going insane, Nozdormu split himself to observe literally every moment in history. The titans also imbued him with the exact time and date of his death. Because of these things, in some alternate future he rebelled and became the infinite dragonflight's leader so that they could destroy our timeline and replace it with one where Nozdormu lives longer.

Anything they change has a butterfly effect and ends up putting us in a worse off situation. As I point out, if Thrall had never come to lead the orcs, Blackmoore would have risen to power, the orcs wouldn't exist on azeroth outside of being slaves, the forsaken wouldn't exist, trolls would have been killed off, the high elves would still belong to the alliance, who KNOWS what happened to the tauren, etc. The world that we know would cease to be, and Blackmoore would have eventually conquered the human kingdoms and pillaged everyone. The last human bastion left that wasn't under his control by the events in the secondary timeline in the book was Stormwind, and that was because Jaina, Arthas, and Varian had united the remaining humans there to keep out of Blackmoore's influence.

WoW will always have evil characters. For our timeline it's about having evil characters that we have a chance of defeating because of the circumstances of the world's history. If the history changes, so does the chance of fighting back against big bads. If the horde didn't exist (which it wouldn't if Thrall hadn't been born.) we wouldn't have been able to repel the legion, among other things.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
They want to stop the first two wars, which looks good. But we stop them because the bronzes tell us it's going to destroy azeroth if those wars don't happen\.

I'm not sure if they're talking about the third war being lost, or something in cata.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Good intentions as they say

I believe that they are trying to make the world a better place by changing the past...sadly changing the past in such a way might make one thing better but will make many other things worse or even lead to destroying the world

In short I think they are good...just miss guided
Reply Quote
Good intentions as they say

I believe that they are trying to make the world a better place by changing the past...sadly changing the past in such a way might make one thing better but will make many other things worse or even lead to destroying the world

In short I think they are good...just miss guided

No, their explicit mission is to change our timeline so that Nozdormu does not eventually die as he is their leader. It doesn't matter if the mortal races die off because of it, they don't care about us.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
when it came to the BOMHJ they said the flight was there but when we get there we dont see them but getting back to my point. would the battle have been won if we werent their could thrall have made it out alive in old hillsbrad is we werent their? maybe the flight has to be the bad guys so that we have a chance. we all know some one has to be the bad guy lol.
Edited by Wraifen on 8/5/2011 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/05/2011 06:38 PMPosted by Alona
The titans told Nozdormu when he was made an aspect that there is only ONE true timestream. The infinite dragonflight seeks to destroy that timestream by warping it. They are evil.

Yeah, but the titans didn't see Sargeras coming so wtf do they know >.>
Reply Quote
08/05/2011 07:02 PMPosted by Melloria

Yeah, but the titans didn't see Sargeras coming so wtf do they know >.>

How to blow up our world if the aspects fail so I'm going to go with what they said even if they aren't omnipotent, lol.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/05/2011 06:44 PMPosted by Alona

Also this. Anything that they do to change the timestream would have us worse of than we are now. In the book one of the timestreams had Thrall dying as a baby, which caused Blackmoore to rise to power, steal Lordaeron from Arthas/Terenas, prevent the scourge and the creation of the forsaken, but at the same time he was making moves to become the next supreme evil like Arthas did in our timeline.

But on the good side, Arthas and Jaina had gotten married and Arthas and Varian were like BFFs. How awesome.

which book was this?
Reply Quote

which book was this?

The latest one. Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects. It's a good read if you're a lore buff.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
found this on the web
In each of the cases of their involvement it can be argued that by changing events that occurred, they are in fact improving the future for the better, such as stopping Medivh from opening the Dark Portal which allowed demons entry to Azeroth, as well as preventing the actions leading up to Prince Arthas becoming the Lich King. Involvement in the case of Thrall's Escape from Durnholde Keep are questionable. Some would argue that preventing Thrall from becoming warchief of the Horde would allow the Horde to continue down its old and dark ways, however others would argue that by preventing Thrall from changing the then-broken Old Horde into the stronger New Horde, the renewed conflict between the Horde and the Alliance would not have occurred, or would otherwise be less severe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
and this
■Many people believe that the dragonflight is a force of good. If they had stopped Medivh from opening the Dark Portal, the Legion would have not invaded the Azeroth using demonized orcs. This would have allowed the humans, dwarves, and high elves alliance to band together and destroy the shattered remains of the Legion in the Eastern Kingdoms. Also the high elves' runestone at Caer Darrow would not have corrupted so they would have not broken away from the humans, allowing them to call for their help years later, during the Scourge attack on Quel'Thalas; the extra forces would probably have been enough to defeat the Scourge and high elves would had never turned into blood elves. This theory is suggested by Chrono-Lord Deja's comment during the opening of the Dark Portal: "Why do you aid the Magus? Just think of how many lives could be saved if the portal is never opened, if the resulting wars could be erased..." This suggests the Infinite Dragonflight wants people to survive. By stopping Thrall from escaping from Durnholde Keep, the Horde would never have formed and the Alliance could focus the attention on the orcs and defeat them without wasting resources to fight the Horde. If they had killed Arthas during The Culling, he would have never become the Lich King. This would have allowed Illidan to destroy Ner'zhul and the Scourge would be destroyed by the armies of the humans, dwarves, and high elves. The fact that Infinite Dragonflight wants mortals to survive is also suggested during the culling with Chrono-Lord Epoch's comment to Arthas, "the deaths you are destined to cause will this day be your own", suggesting the Infinite Dragonflight does not like death of innocent people, assuming his comments are truthful. In loreit's said that the forces of the Horde, Alliance, and night elves could defeat the Burning Legion without any help, but according to the theory of time travel, the adventurers that went back were actually the forces of the Alliance and Horde.
Edited by Wraifen on 8/5/2011 7:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

which book was this?

The latest one. Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects. It's a good read if you're a lore buff.

Cool. This is one I was intending to get. Good to know I'll get to see some info on my favorite dragonflight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]