Gladiator Hunter wondering..

85 Night Elf Hunter
why a clear problem is being ignored?

--

Hunter needs a niche in rated battlegrounds, and PvP period.

We have been making threads on these forums for almost a full year now - we link websites for references, show statistics, have real, logical arguments and we are met with nothing.

How is it that a whole community of people can be allowed to say things like,
"Hunter doesn't have the worst defensive cooldowns, think about ENHANCEMENT SHAMANS!"

"Hunter doesn't spend the most on arena items, what about TITAN'S GRIP FURY WARRIORS?"

"Hunter doesn't have the least amount of escapes in the game, HELLO? ARCANE MAGES AND MUTILATE ROGUES?"

FACT: Hunter is the third most popular class active at level 85, more than three times the number of Warlocks and yet, it is less than 1/5th as represented above 2600 in arena. (SOURCE: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1&factionid=-1&minlevel=85&maxlevel=85&servertypeid=-1)

FACT: Hunter is a class, NOT A SPEC.

FACT: Hunter has ONE viable spec for PvE and one spec that is playable in PvP.

FACT: Hunter has the lowest representation in arena that grants in-game rewards by more than HALF the next highest class.

FACT: Hunter has never broken 8% representation in arena, EVER. INCLUDING Season 5.

FACT: Hunter has not received ONE piece of feedback on PvP since Cataclysm was released that was either followed through on, or actually coherent in terms of understanding the game.

FACT: Hunter has had the least amount of patch notes out of all the classes since Cataclysm(which revamped our entire resource system) was released.

--

Is there some reason that every time we make a thread asking for some explanation, or atleast an acknowledgment, we're allowed to be trolled into oblivion? Why would no one explain to me, someone who plays this game at a very high level, why none of my concerns are even being addressed?

The Community Manager's statement was, "We feel Hunters do very well in RBGS, like Moonkins" - an insulting comparison to begin with, but we don't. We are the least represented class there as well. I am the highest rated Hunter in the world in rated battlegrounds, and a Gladiator. Could a community manager please take the time out of his day to explain precisely why no one cares what I have to say and you'd prefer buffing an off-spec of someone else than the only half viable spec of my entire class?

Enough is enough, everybody agrees there's a problem at this point.. waiting on you now.

Viva Zapata,
Ya Basta.
Edited by Reedful on 8/8/2011 11:59 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
Sarcasm, Skarox? Anyways, any response from a community manager would be welcomed at this point.
Edited by Guywitdaface on 8/6/2011 12:16 AM PDT
85 Night Elf Hunter
Reported the first two responses as trolling, suggest other Hunter sympathizers do the same.

Remember, if this could happen to us, it could happen to your class.
85 Orc Warlock
To me it seems like development time for this game has been reduced, it's playable, but things are particularly rough for hunters in pvp.

How is it that a whole community of people can be allowed to say things like

The community can say anything, there are tons of misconceptions with int it, being outraged by what any player says is failure of basic internet protocol.
Edited by Rigimortia on 8/6/2011 12:41 AM PDT
85 Orc Mage
Maybe its being ignored because these threads don't matter as much as you think they do.

Maybe its being ignored because the Developers don't think there is a problem with hunters.

Maybe its being ignored because Hunters have far too many abilities to balance easily, and they'd rather leave them slightly under powered than risk making them overpowered.

Maybe its being ignored because the devs are too busy dealing with other issues (like, oh say, Firelands) to put too much energy into fixing an under-performing class, which has one spec which is near the top end of raiding at the moment.
op dont make me send ringuillo again
90 Orc Hunter
Maybe its being ignored because these threads don't matter as much as you think they do.

Maybe its being ignored because the Developers don't think there is a problem with hunters.

Maybe its being ignored because Hunters have far too many abilities to balance easily, and they'd rather leave them slightly under powered than risk making them overpowered.

Maybe its being ignored because the devs are too busy dealing with other issues (like, oh say, Firelands) to put too much energy into fixing an under-performing class, which has one spec which is near the top end of raiding at the moment.

It's easy for other classes to say these types of things...

But imagine if mages were in the same boat? Imagine if Rogues were in the same boat, or Locks? As a whole class, not just a spec.

You guys would rather derail this thread then admit that Hunters are suffering, yes sufffering in PvP right now.

How would you like it if you logged on to find out everyone on your team ninja bailed because it's easier to do arena with the other classes that with a hunter? How would you feel if every time you wanted to find a team mate, the only people who will play with you are those people who have unenchanted gear and just want to do 2's for points on Monday Night? How would you feel if you logged into to do Rated BG's and found that you were replaced with another class because they do everything better?

These are the things Hunters put up with and every season it gets a worse. Go watch Squanky's videos and watch as his team outplays people and still gets beat. Go watch Tosan's videos and watch as his team outplays people and still gets beat.

The come back to these forums and say that Hunters are fine.

It's not acceptable to get the short end of the stick just because it's "hard to balance hunters". I could live with "guys we're looking at Hunters and we know there is a problem". What I can't live with is that there is zero communication. Everyone who is worth their salt in PvP knows there are problems with Hunters.

@Ghostcrawler, I still believe in you! I mean that...I do. I believe you can make this class balanced and fun, competitive and rewarding.
Edited by Rexzoolza on 8/6/2011 3:49 AM PDT
85 Dwarf Shaman
08/06/2011 02:10 AMPosted by Skarox
Hunters are fine. Deal with it. Also 80% of your "FACTS" are bald face lies.

They're actually all true.

I don't think I need to say anything about the first one. I hope we can all realize that hunters are a class.

The second is also true. BM and SV are incredibly low on the PvE charts, and incredibly bad in PvP. Marks is better than both at everything, and it's falling on the charts these days.

Third is also not hard to figure out. Hunters are roughly half of the next lowest class at any rating you look at on arenastats.

The fourth is probably the hardest one to show, but it's still not that hard to believe. Hunter rep has always been pretty low.

Fifth is easy to see if you keep up with blue posts. The only things hunters have gotten is "Hey we're gonna make steady shot scale with haste" and all of the other stupid things they've said, that made it look like they knew nothing about the class.

Sixth wouldn't be surprising either.
85 Orc Mage
Everything I said in my post was a possible answer-- and probably all true.

These forums do not sway the Devs to the point where this, the other hundred, or another thousand hunter posts will get what you want.

The devs clearly believe that hunters are fine. That's your answer-- you don't think hunters are in a good place, and the Devs don't agree with you.

The devs did/are also spending a lot of time deploying and then bug fixing the firelands. These things take a lot of effort-- and the Devs have barely come along behind themselves to clean up the feral OP mess they made with 4.2-- much less had the time to delve into the thousand or so abilities hunters have and figure out what is going to make them better in PvP without making them too good in PvE (or PvP for that matter) without changing the class beyond recognition.

You won't get any of the buffs your asking for any earlier than 4.3, IF THEN. Guaranteed-- you can sign, seal, and deliver that-- these posts will not make the Devs change your class anytime soon, so you may as well stop posting them.
85 Blood Elf Priest
More than 70% of Top 30 teams have either a lock or shaman in season 10
(http://www.arenastats.com/index.php?r=all&bg=all&br=3&mr=2600&mt=5&mg=20)
2600+ Class Representation:
shaman =15%,
lock=14%

Lots of people see this and say:

"nerf lock and resto shaman, they are so op!!! look how many of them are in those top teams!!!"

There is only ONE team in top 30, has a hunter.
2600+ Class Representation:
hunter = 3%
The second lowest class is warrior=6%, which doubles hunter...

then people see this and say:

"this means nothing, hunters are fine L2P"

Just my 2 cents. Personally I think the change to focus basically killed the class. The chance of recovery is 0. Trying to balance a range class with such a small resource pool will be a problem with no real solution, On a side note please just remove camo. Its like window dressing without the window.
85 Dwarf Shaman
08/06/2011 05:14 AMPosted by Urtotem
Just my 2 cents. Personally I think the change to focus basically killed the class. The chance of recovery is 0. Trying to balance a range class with such a small resource pool will be a problem with no real solution, On a side note please just remove camo. Its like window dressing without the window.

It's a shame too.
Focus was going to be this really super amazing thing that helped out all hunters.
It's just not quite there, and I wish a bit more focus (teehee) went to fine tuning it.

At the point mana was removed, it had been around so long that hunters had been tuned to it and it was working just fine in almost all situations.

The shift to focus killed burst, with the relatively high shot cost and low amount of regen. Even being able to chain steady/cobra easily, the focus building period is an ample amount of time to recover.

Losing instant aimed shot sure didn't help either. Arcane was supposed to replace it I guess, but it doesn't do much damage anymore.

And lolcamo.
Edited by Nickjonas on 8/6/2011 5:27 AM PDT
85 Draenei Shaman
You have to consider that they will, in all honesty, look at you and think "well, hmm, hunters must not suck that badly if they can get 2600 in rbgs! Also gladiator!" And, of course, that makes sense. They then think: "well, if this guy can do so well, we have to be super careful about buffing hunters, otherwise this guy will be unstoppable, and that's not really acceptable either."

What I really don't understand is why they don't smooth out a lot of buggy crap that hunters have to deal with.

I think what you guys need is fewer, more potent tools, and better focus regeneration. For example, they could delete trap launcher and make that the way traps function anyways, and keep them free to use but with the same cooldowns.

I also think a really big issue is that a lot of hunters just get turned off when they try to pvp because it's not a very inviting experience for a casual (as opposed to, say, a warrior). You pretty much suck if you don't know how to use the right pets and their abilities, and if you don't know what macros are and all of the important ones for hunters. Maybe you don't know what all of your abilities do, or even that some of them can be used in pvp (like tranq shot).

Maybe you go try to do 2s, with everything mentioned above happening, and just decide that you'd rather stick to dungeons because that's easier and you can at least feel useful.

I'm leveling a hunter to pvp with because I've wanted one for a while, and their complexity appeals to me. Plus, I'm a weirdo, and like to pvp with specs like combat and fire.
Edited by Swampdonkeys on 8/6/2011 5:51 AM PDT
90 Troll Hunter
Every class has had its Op moments excepts hunters, and peeps are worried that FIXING hunters will make them op. Most of the hunter community are not asking for buffs, just fixes for the tools we already have.
Edited by Invasions on 8/6/2011 5:48 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]