What level do you get flying mounts and..

(Locked)

57 Blood Elf Hunter
Do you need to have Cataclysm? I bought the Battle chest like a week ago, and I was wondering if I needed to buy Cataclysm to buy a flying mount, even though I probably won't get to a high enough level to do that any time soon.

Also, where and when do you get Epic Mounts..?

And one last question to avoid me making multiple threads, when you tame like a bunny, will it attack? I tamed a cool lion thing, but I don't know what pets would be stronger, or what.

Thanks guys! Sorry for all the questions!
85 Worgen Death Knight
08/08/2011 10:56 AMPosted by Kevbo
Do you need to have Cataclysm? I bought the Battle chest like a week ago, and I was wondering if I needed to buy Cataclysm to buy a flying mount, even though I probably won't get to a high enough level to do that any time soon.

You initially get flying when you hit 60. This allows you to fly in the Outlands (Burning Crusade).
If you want to fly in Azeroth at 60, you will need both Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm. (Since you can't do expansions out of order).

Once you hit 68, you can purchase Cold Weather Flying to fly in Northrend (Wrath of the Lich King).

Also, where and when do you get Epic Mounts..?

Various Sources.
http://www.wowpedia.org/List_of_mounts

And one last question to avoid me making multiple threads, when you tame like a bunny, will it attack? I tamed a cool lion thing, but I don't know what pets would be stronger, or what.

Thanks guys! Sorry for all the questions!

You cannot tame a bunny... I wish you could... because that would be epic...
A GREAT hunter Pet site is www.wow-petopia.com. It has lists of all tameable pets etc...
Edited by Nullwolf on 8/8/2011 11:03 AM PDT
- World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
1. You only need to reach level 60 to unlock flying; however, at that point, you can only fly in Outland. You can buy faster flying at level 70.

To fly in Northrend, you need WotLK expansion at... level 68, I believe?

You need Cataclysm to be able to fly in Azeroth. This only requires level 60, but you do need the expansion.

2. Epic mounts? Epic ground mounts are available at level 40 from the normal mount vendors (they're the more expensive ones). Epic flying mounts are rarer and harder to get. However, the type of mount you get isn't really important; it's the training you have purchased that determines your speed. (Although certain training is required for riding the rarer mounts.)

3. You can't tame bunnies. :P But if you tame any beast that is capable of being tamed, yes, it will attack you during the taming process. Try setting a Freezing Trap down before starting the tame. It will freeze the beast and keep it from attacking you for a while.

Most pets are relatively about as strong as one another, though certain types do pull ahead due to their talents/abilities. For more info: http://www.wow-petopia.com/
Edited by Cerylia on 8/8/2011 11:04 AM PDT
57 Blood Elf Hunter
Really? I thought I saw people with like bunny's, and cockroaches, and small animals like that.
60 Troll Hunter
Those are vanity pets, They don't do anything like a hunters pet would and usually have to be purchased (though there are a few from professions/quests/etc)
85 Worgen Death Knight
08/08/2011 11:06 AMPosted by Kevbo
Really? I thought I saw people with like bunny's, and cockroaches, and small animals like that.

Those are "Vanity Pets" or "Companion Pets". They're just there for looks. They can be purchased from various vendors, received during Fesitvals, or unlocked in a variety of other ways.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Companion
Edited by Nullwolf on 8/8/2011 11:08 AM PDT
- World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
08/08/2011 11:06 AMPosted by Kevbo

Those little non-combat pets are purchased as items, not tamed. Some vendors have them, while others are obtained from quests or found as drops. :3

For info: http://warcraftpets.com/
78 Orc Hunter
At level 20, I'd recommend primarily using a cat for questing the +agi buff from the cat family is useful.
For PvP, a spider has a ranged snare. It throws a web that immobilizes your opponent for a few seconds.

Having a turtle is nice for tanking very tough mobs and/or large groups.

At 20, you can have two combat pets with you (although only 1 can be out at a time), and up to 20 stashed with the Stable Masters
90 Troll Hunter

Thanks guys! Sorry for all the questions![/quote]
******You cannot tame a bunny... I wish you could... because that would be epic...
A GREAT hunter Pet site is www.wow-petopia.com. It has lists of all tameable pets etc...[/quote]******
THIS^^^^^^^^^
Edited by Nayah on 8/9/2011 10:23 AM PDT
So, you can't get ANY flying mount at 40? I thought you could? Maybe I'm crazy.
90 Worgen Rogue
Don't necro old threads. It's against the forum rules.

There are no flying mounts at 40. That's when you get your fast ground mount.
90 Troll Mage
09/08/2011 07:58 AMPosted by Ludrey
So, you can't get ANY flying mount at 40? I thought you could? Maybe I'm crazy.
Celestial Steed, winged guardian and RAF rocket but they won't be able to fly until you get the appropriate flying skills from a trainer.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]