Let Trial Players Communicate With Each Other

20 Night Elf Hunter
I understand the complaints of paying customers that do not want to be griefed by gold spammers. However, the inability to talk to others/form parties removes about half of the enjoyable parts of the game. It is impossible to do dungeons with friends, and for small groups trying out WoW, this would definitely dampen their opinion of a great game. To allow the trial to do its job (grabbing more players to make them buy the game) players must enjoy it and get enough of a taste that they want more.
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
Suggestions belong in General Not in here. I am aware that as a trial you can't post there. However that doesn't mean you get to post in the wrong forum.
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Death Knight
Just upgrade your account and you will have the freedom of speech you desire.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
08/09/2011 10:26 AMPosted by Bowhemian
paying customers that do not want to be griefed by gold spammers

Incorrect. We are experienced at recognizing and reporting gold spammers and it would only be a moderate hassle. What we don't want is *new* players being griefed by gold spammers *either* and turning them off from the game experience right off the bat.
Reply Quote
11 Orc Hunter
Or Blizzard could do what Warhammer Online does, after you reach a certain level on the trial, everyone is put into a "default" Faction guild.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/09/2011 11:49 AMPosted by Thurghul
Or Blizzard could do what Warhammer Online does, after you reach a certain level on the trial, everyone is put into a "default" Faction guild.

Because gold farmers can't powerlevel to a low threshold. A level limit wouldn't do a damn thing.
Reply Quote
11 Orc Hunter

Because gold farmers can't powerlevel to a low threshold. A level limit wouldn't do a damn thing.

I was stating what Warhammer Online does. Its actually a level limit or when you get out of the beginner zone, I can't remember.

Why would a gold farmer level to join this "f2p default guild" anyway? Free to play toons have a 10 gold limit and can't trade, use the Mail, or use the AH. Who cares if all free to play characters can talk to each other in there own channel?
Leave the guild locked at rank 1 with no functions..............
Edited by Thurghul on 8/9/2011 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
08/09/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Thurghul

I was stating what Warhammer Online does. Its actually a level limit or when you get out of the beginner zone, I can't remember.

Why would a gold farmer level to join this "f2p default guild" anyway? Free to play toons have a 10 gold limit and can't trade, use the Mail, or use the AH. Who cares if all free to play characters can talk to each other in there own channel?

LOL... I've played WAR on trial... PLENTY of gold spamming there...
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
Because they could still link websites and they do.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

You're missing the point entirely. Those gold farmers would get into this shared chat channel and spam advertisements to new players. Newbies aren't as well-versed on the rules and they're much more likely to fall for stupid things like that. Do you really want to put gold farmers into a room with a lot of gullible players? Seriously?

Or we could let the developers work on things for paying customers and leave the system as it is already. Trial accounts are muted and you have no clue how happy veterans were when the restrictions were created. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
08/09/2011 12:16 PMPosted by Icedragon
you have no clue how happy veterans were when the restrictions were created. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

^^

This a thousand times this.
Reply Quote
11 Orc Hunter

You're missing the point entirely. Those gold farmers would get into this shared chat channel and spam advertisements to new players. Newbies aren't as well-versed on the rules and they're much more likely to fall for stupid things like that. Do you really want to put gold farmers into a room with a lot of gullible players? Seriously?

Or we could let the developers work on things for paying customers and leave the system as it is already. Trial accounts are muted and you have no clue how happy veterans were when the restrictions were created. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Apparently you missed the part where I stated it was a FREE TO PLAY DEFAULT GUILD.

A paying customer wouldn't be in this guild, so they wouldn't hear the spam. Also, trial accounts cannot speak in public channels or send tells. So no worries on spam there. Paying customers are worse.....................I'm sick of the [insert derogatory body part] SPELL jokes.

Gold farmers use hacked accounts, they don't use trial accounts also.

Whats your solution to helping New People trying the game with a question? Keep putting in tickets to Blizzard and clogging that system up?
Edited by Thurghul on 8/9/2011 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/09/2011 12:21 PMPosted by Thurghul

If it was changed so that they could speak with a target audience of players, they would. Why do you think they gave up on trial accounts? Because Blizzard locked them down with restrictions.

Remove restrictions = gold farmers target people with trial accounts = they spam newbies with advertisements for illegal services.

Whats your solution to helping New People trying the game with a question? Keep putting in tickets to Blizzard and clogging that system up?

You really don't know how this game works, do you? Right-click a player's name in chat and hit Report Player. It ignores the entire account and if enough players report it for spam then the account is shut down. Hurr durr no ticket required. Learn how the system works before crying about it.

As for helping newbies, do you realize what forum you're posting in right now? Do you realize who you're addressing with that question?

It's not broken. Leave it the way it is.
Edited by Icedragon on 8/9/2011 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
Or download badboy spam filter add on. I don't even have to click anything it auto reports gold sellers. and blocks whispers from lvl 1 characters that I haven't spoke to first and lvl 55 DK's
Reply Quote
11 Orc Hunter
08/09/2011 12:25 PMPosted by Icedragon

If it was changed so that they could speak with a target audience of players, they would. Why do you think they gave up on trial accounts? Because Blizzard locked them down with restrictions.

Remove restrictions = gold farmers target people with trial accounts = they spam newbies with advertisements for illegal services.

You really don't know how this game works, do you? Right-click a player's name in chat and hit Report Player. It ignores the entire account and if enough players report it for spam then the account is shut down. Hurr durr no ticket required. Learn how the system works before crying about it.

It's not broken. Leave it the way it is.

Did you even read my post?!?!? Holy crap your reading comprehension sucks.

TRIAL PLAYERS CANNOT SPEAK IN PUBLIC CHANNELS. I don't know why your suggesting to right click and report for spam. Do you even know what a support ticket is? If a free to play trial puts in a support ticket to BLizzard, you would not know, so how would you report that as spam? But, Blizzard answers each ticket put in.

Like I stated, since you have reading comprehension problems:
Whats your solution to helping New People trying the game with a question?

Reply Quote
11 Orc Hunter
08/09/2011 12:28 PMPosted by Jilixx
Or download badboy spam filter add on. I don't even have to click anything it auto reports gold sellers. and blocks whispers from lvl 1 characters that I haven't spoke to first and lvl 55 DK's

Those whispers you get aren't from trial accounts though.

Those are from level 1 toons created on a hacked paid account.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight

Step 1 - Find a person.
Step 2 - /s Hey, I'm new, can I ask you something?

I have plenty of people using /s to ask me stuff. And yeah, I'll answer. And if I'm pressed for time and can't sit there talking to them in /s I'll /w them so we can have a conversation.
I also direct them to these forums.
Reply Quote
60 Troll Hunter
Now yes, however if I was on a trial account and trial accounts could speak to me they would be whispering me to buy gold or verify my account. Now lets say I decided to upgrade.... Do I really need to fill in the rest here?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/09/2011 12:29 PMPosted by Thurghul
Whats your solution to helping New People trying the game with a question?

You have no clue what forum this is or who you're addressing, do you?

You want to put a bunch of newbies in a guild that provides nothing and where they can't speak to one another. How in the world does this address what the OP was crying about?

Or if you want to allow them to speak in guild chat, this is what guild chat would look like:

[Guild] [hwiobewb]: BUY GOLD HURR DURR <website.sexleg.org>
[Guild] [Newbie]: o i cn buy gold? i do that nao!
Reply Quote
11 Orc Hunter
08/09/2011 12:31 PMPosted by Nullwolf

Step 1 - Find a person.
Step 2 - /s Hey, I'm new, can I ask you something?

I have plenty of people using /s to ask me stuff. And yeah, I'll answer. And if I'm pressed for time and can't sit there talking to them in /s I'll /w them so we can have a conversation.
I also direct them to these forums.

I have that turned off to help stop spam................... I'd rather have all the free to plays talking in a guild channel asking each other questions than hundreds running around using the /s channel.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]