How To Implement Cross-Realm Raid Finder

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Priest
My appologies Jujubiju... I had no intention of ignoring your suggestion from the other thread... and in truth I would normally say that it was a good one if I had not already tried that suggestion (not invalidating your suggestion but it just didn't work on my server). This thread however IS carrying a great idea which solves not only my personal issues but issues that even my "Shift workers...Unite" thread didn't address.

As to the idea that hardcores have shown us the way to get these raids done.. that's a no argument... your right... they have... and I am more than happy to thank people like Tankspot, Fatboss, Learntoraid and all the others who have published raid techniques for us... what I do NOT appreciate is the fact that they...(other hardcore/elietists)
1) Will not let us join thier groups (without achieve/higher than normal iLevel/full hours of availability)
2) try to rip down an idea that will allow us to learn/raid/enjoy the game because it "it won't enhance my experience" as stated by Whackmytotem of Azshara Profile,85 Troll Shaman, Realm:Stormfury.

Yknow what though... perhaps if I was on a low pop server I could understand my situation as it simply being the idea of not enough people but Magtheradon is HUGE... high pop server that occasionally (less lately) actually has a que time to get online. But no.. I stand by my reasons.

Spirit of Cooperation- The good work together
Spirit of Compitition- The evil work against each other
Which are you?
68 Human Mage
I dont see why people hate the dungeon finder. Almost all the ones I done so far were a success. Except that one time we just ran around and had no idea what were doing and even that was enjoyable because it was funny.
Edited by Zericxx on 8/18/2011 12:56 AM PDT
90 Human Warrior
I'm all for this as long as the raid lockout extends to at least the current content.
85 Blood Elf Priest
Well I know you've never agreed with me on the idea of current raid content but I am soo glad that this is happening as well.... looks like I haven't been posting over a pipe dream either Ricardozara.... sigh *glee*. Can't wait to get home so I can watch the video (no sound on my work station here). Someone get me my happy hat and play that old record "happy happy... joy joy" (damn you ren and stimpy :)

Spirit of Cooperation- The Good really DO work together...
(sooo cheerfull I can't complete the macro :):):):):):)
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Excellent idea.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
this...this sounds like an excellent idea. I have been on my server Dethecus for all of my wow career, and with a low pop server like that it is almost impossible to pug a raid unlike on other servers like Illidan where people pull a FL 10 out of their butts. gives a chance to the less hardcore players to enjoy the game up to its fullest by experiencing raid content and not falling behind. you have my vote.
91 Human Rogue
08/18/2011 03:29 AMPosted by Holyminion
this...this sounds like an excellent idea. I have been on my server Dethecus for all of my wow career, and with a low pop server like that it is almost impossible to pug a raid unlike on other servers like Illidan where people pull a FL 10 out of their butts. gives a chance to the less hardcore players to enjoy the game up to its fullest by experiencing raid content and not falling behind. you have my vote.

Thank you :)
85 Goblin Death Knight
@Lorel Why would you quit and never come back? They are taking pressure off everyone which they don't have to do. They could leave us spam Trade Chat for hours to find a group of 10 (or 25) people to do a raid with. I love the idea of a Cross-Realm Raid Finder as it adds a new incentive to raiding then just getting gear. They are also saving you money because as of right now if you want to raid with your real-life friends you would have to be on their server ,one of you would have to server transfer, or one of you would have to level up all the way to level 85 and get all your gear all over again.
85 Draenei Priest
I'm going to come at this from the perspective of someone that really really wants to see this work well and succeed. Because I am. I play on a slower progression server and am in a guild that spends very little time raiding. I have attachments to the people in my guild and to the server and while I've considered changing servers I just couldn't do it in the end.

My guild does Firelands two nights a week sometimes only for an hour. It would be great if those of us still wanting to raid could just que up to fill the one or two slots we need with a fairly competent player so that we could continue a while.

On the other hand I LOVE killing the big guys and have a shaman alt that I would love to get geared up but just can't with the way things are in my situation. Thats my problem but if I could que up and find a decent raid that would be awesome. I have mumble/vent, research the fights ahead of time, can listen to instructions, and have the BEST possible gear I can get my hands on outside a raid so I'm not holding back and think I would be a great asset to any raid.

When using this tool to find people to fill our slots I would like to see people that are geared enough, can jump on our vent and are ready to go. When using this for my alt I would like to be matched with a raid that is as ready to go as I am. Prefferably an organized group that needs a few slots filled mostly because raid groups need decent leadership and I don't get excited about jumping in somewhere with other random people and expecting everything to come together.

Those are just my quick thoughts on what I would like to see when using this tool. How to go about it I don't know, or if what I expect are just unreasonable I don't know but I do want to see it work.

First of Blizz HAS to do this.

Why? They killed PuG server raiding with this expansion. The combination of the guild rep/guild challenge system AND the lockouts have pretty much slammed the PuG raiding world. Sure you see some raids pugging players but its usually under the 'cap' so the raid still counts as a guild raid. And even then they demand achievements and great gear.

Will this be a success? It sure will if it does not share a lockout. If it gives people extra lockouts to take a shot at a boss its win. Sure lockouts prevent vary rapid achievement from very aggressive players but this needs to be balanced with the needs of casual players to get more chances to learn the content.

Also will get to run 25 man raids - which is fun. They need to really update their voice chat software though. Maybe send out free headsets (they could be cheapo one ear ones) if you kill some new raid boss too. Its hard to raid even simple bosses without voice chat. People don't read and type well enough otherwise.
Edited by Quince on 8/23/2011 12:57 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]