How To Implement Cross-Realm Raid Finder

(Locked)

90 Worgen Hunter
I like this idea. I havnt raided since before the ICC patch in wrath and didn't raid ICC at all because of the gotta have achievements crap that rolled across trade all day.

I can't set a schedule to raid with a guild because I work a rotating shift. I can barely do heroics with the guild I'm in because of my shift. This would really help turn the game around for me.
91 Human Rogue
""How does being able to or not being able to follow the mechanics in a fight have anything to do with not being in a raiding guild or not having time to raid the way it's set up now? The issue (as I've told you a hundred times and you just choose to keep ignoring) is not being able to do the fights..""---YOU

""It's our fault you can't follow simple mechanics in a fight. Yeah, totally.""- ME

Connect the dots and you'll see how you messed up.

Im off to bed, I'll let you contemplate what I mean in that time.

Well if you selectively read the same way you selectively quote, I can understand how you came to that conclusion. Let me finish my sentence for you:

The issue (as I've told you a hundred times and you just choose to keep ignoring) is not being able to do the fights...read the dungeon journal and watch videos, it's not freaking rocket science...The issue is being able to even get into the instances to try them.

Has quite a different ring to it when you include the rest of the statement doesn't it? What were you saying about reading skills...? I've italicized the important parts for you. Why should the rest of us have to nerf our language skills just because you can't keep up? Surely you can understand that sentiment.
91 Human Rogue
I like this idea. I havnt raided since before the ICC patch in wrath and didn't raid ICC at all because of the gotta have achievements crap that rolled across trade all day.

I can't set a schedule to raid with a guild because I work a rotating shift. I can barely do heroics with the guild I'm in because of my shift. This would really help turn the game around for me.

And a huge chunk of the playerbase is in the same boat, which is why we're getting a LFR in 4.3.

But, as always, haters gonna hate... ;)
85 Worgen Priest
08/16/2011 02:30 PMPosted by Zarhym
We have some plans. They're good plans.

Can we have our ignore lists upped from 50 ignores to 100,000?
Edited by Maxheals on 8/25/2011 9:16 PM PDT
85 Draenei Paladin
I am a huge supporter of the LFR idea. It is simple in that I (and many players) have a job that does not allow me to dedicate hours upon hours of time to enjoy raid content. The ability to schedule specific times and sit at the computer for 3-4 hours in one session is just not something a working adult can do. An LFR tool would allow players on a limited schedule to be able to enjoy more end game content.

The complaints about pugging with baddies and wipes are a non issue. If you don't want to deal with pugs then you can still raid with your guild. Some of us don't have this ability and would like to have a way to get into a raid. Get our loot and get back to our busy lives.

I was leading pugs at end of WOTLK and I know how to study fights and how to adapt in raids new and old, but elitist would rather take someone with an achievement that got carried and only saw the fight once rather than skilled players who have researched the fight and spent time to prepare.

Blizzard... Please for the love of god put this tool into the game. Think about it. Who pays the bills? 1. people with no job that raid all day? or 2. Working adults that pay their own subscription....
90 Tauren Shaman
Some Fury Warriors would disagree with the 2x needing. Some of the best weapons out there for Fury Warriors are 1 model of a 2H weapon. Same goes for a Frost Death Knight going 1H weapons.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I really like those ideas, but I don't think there should be a cap on valor, I would rather earn valor through raids then run the same heroics over and over ever week.

The achievement idea is very good. And I was thinking the Raid finder should have additional options for queuing, like you should be able to choose a minimum item level to be grouped with up to your item level. You should be able to choose to group with people who have achievements but obviously only if you have it. This allows people who have put time into their gear and have learned the fight to group with people who are going to have less trouble. And also allows people with less experience a chance to learn the fight and work toward progression instead of being carried.

Queuing for a specific boss makes a lot of sense, however this cuts out the need to clear trash, and Blizzard puts a lot of time into trash that requires thought.
100 Gnome Mage
OK, I was just wondering if its possible for me to invite a Real ID friend in on a raid with my guild?
100 Gnome Mage
OK, I was just wondering if its possible for me to invite a Real ID friend in on a raid with my guild? I could just try it and see but I thought to look it up.. Note, my Real ID friend is on another realm
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]