How To Implement Cross-Realm Raid Finder

(Locked)

91 Human Rogue
the achievement system was the worst thing to ever happen to pug raiding

jump into a new content patch a week later and you're screwed for the rest of that tier unless you want to pull your hair out in stress leading one

Even if you try to lead one people still ask to see your achievements and/or the achievements of the other people in the group. If you don't have one, they leave and lots of people go with them. It's pretty frustrating.
91 Human Rogue
6. Unlocks at level 60. Can be used to assemble groups of 40 for Molten Core, AQ, or 25 for Tempest Keep, Black Temple, and so on...so you can roll an alt and have it just like the good days if you so desire and are willing to wait.

Couple this with the new Transmogrifier tool they're talking about now and it could be some seriously serious business.
91 Human Rogue
Bump, just because all of a sudden people are talking about this. Finally.
85 Human Warrior
08/17/2011 05:42 AMPosted by Firestyle
And I'm saying you're wrong. I was around on WoW before LFD, and I have played countless hours on many other MMO's, some with vastly superior communication methods. Never, in the last 20 years of playing online games, have I had online "friends" who lasted more than a few weeks.

Well, I think the problem is you. Because I've been playing wow for 4 years and have plenty of friends. I even have alts on old servers in friends guilds I leveled with 4 years ago that I check in periodically.

The problem here is you are looking for blizzard to fix a social problem. They cannot do that. They cannot make people play nice, they cannot make people get along and they cannot make people give a crap.

Would be nice - but they cannot. The LFD didn't ruin it, the attitudes of gamers in general ruined it.

I'm not looking for them to fix a social problem, I'm looking for them to not make it worse. LFD is great for finding groups, but it offers NOTHING in terms of using that tool again to favor players you've met and had good experiences previously. Our own efforts to manually make a group would always tend to look to players we know first, and LFD is great for fast groups - but it needs to bring more to the table in terms of social function.

Let me rate players '+' only and have it favor grouping me with them if they also '+' rate me and we happen to be in queue at the same time. Is that a lot to ask for?

Yes, I know this would cause a late queueing player and to get a fast queue - but that's cause you haven't been a jerk to someone. While it isn't fair to players who haven't been '+' rated, it does reinforce positive behavior.

You want more friends?! Leave the house once in awhile. I don't think Blizz gives 2 craps about social functionality when it comes to LFD

And lol your Ele........
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/16/2011 06:02 AMPosted by Siull
Did you just call me a chick?

Sorry... I guess your hair, physique and pms threw me off. But as for this...

08/16/2011 06:02 AMPosted by Siull
And I'm not trying to restrict anything, you wanna waste your time wiping to the same crap day in and day out call yourself a raider go ahead, don't come on the forums and try and let others join in the rabble.

that's EXACTLY what your trying to do. You say your against this idea and then say your NOT trying to restrict... make up your mind.

As too wiping day in and day out.. isn't that EXACTLY what raiders do? ... till they learn.

Spirit of Cooperation- The good work together
Spirit of Compitition- The evil work against each other
Which are you?
85 Blood Elf Priest
Really?

Kinda sounds to me like you're the elitist here. Flattering yourself by thinking that raiders are actually against this just to try to keep you down and out of the game. Seems to me that folks are against it for the same reason that most people don't like the RDF.

Maybe you should take a step back and realize that you're not so special that people actually care about what you want and are actually capable of thinking and disagreeing for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with you.

1) I see someone has been skimming posts again... perhaps if you read from the start your words would be more.... merited???

2) As for thepeople bieng against the RDF answer me this.... if sooooo many people are against it then why am I able to que up at 08:02 am and in a dungeon by 08:03 am and as soon as I am finished that able to que back up again and almost instantly in another dungeon?

Spirit of Cooperation- The Good work together
Which are you?
82 Orc Warrior
OH !@#$! A BLUE Post in an Automatic Raid Finder thread!?!? IS MY DREAM COMING TRUE?!

I can't believe this is happening. I would have missed this if I didn't glance at the general discussion forum one last time tonight. Holy %^-*.

I can't wait for your plans, Blizzard. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Please say it's an automatic raid tool. PLEASE! :))))))))))))))))))))
91 Human Rogue
Well I think the argument as to whether or not it should be in the game is pretty much over, as we just about all have discovered by now that something like it is going to be.

The big question that looms now is what Blizzard defines as "puggable raids". Do they mean up to TBC raids and nothing beyond? Do they mean up to ICC and nothing beyond? Do they mean T11 and nothing beyond? That remains to be seen...I seriously hope it's up to T11, but even if it isn't, it's a start. And we needed it. Bad.
100 Night Elf Druid
OH !@#$! A BLUE Post in an Automatic Raid Finder thread!?!? IS MY DREAM COMING TRUE?!

I can't believe this is happening. I would have missed this if I didn't glance at the general discussion forum one last time tonight. Holy %^-*.

Not sure if troll, but see here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/16/2011 09:35 AMPosted by Sitandrotate
This is getting tiresome to look at. I've seen it a couple times in the past few days and it's played out. It's basically drawing a line in the sand and saying, "I'm on the righteous side of this line, you are in the wrong" while sarcastically calling for the "wrong-doer" to fix it. Hop on down that high horse.

Glad to see someone finally get's it... as for hopping... Not sure if I can with people like Siull out there... ysee... they are soo busy looking down thier noses the only way to get thier attention is to get it from above them (usually with a 2by4)

There would only be a 72 hour lockout under the system I proposed and that is just to discourage rampant farming. You can do the encounter twice per lock, put it that way. Once via the LFR and once with a server only group. You can take out lets say AlAkir via the LFR. You then cannot go back to him via the LFR for 3 days, however if you didnt get what you wanted the first time you can go back with a server only group now that you have an achievement to show for it and try for that piece of gear again, or just if you really like the fight and want to have another go at it. After you run with your server group though, then the normal raid lock will apply and you cannot go back to that instance either via LFR or via server group until whichever of the two is the longest has expired.

As for this.. I totally agree... it (imo) should fall under the same lockout rules as regular raids.. you down a boss your locked out till tuesday (one change... kill the raid extend from the cross realm range finder)

To tell you the truth, I wouldnt even be against the idea of nerfing drops via this system. For example, if a boss drops 3 or 4 items in a regular server group, he only drops one or two in LFR runs. This way once people have the achieves and can get into their server pugs, they can give it another try. Thats kind of the other end of how I had wanted to propose the lockout system. That way server community and guild runs wont take so much of a hit as people might think, there will still be incentive to interact with people on your server and run with your guild.

Honestly, you could even make it so that they drop no loot at all and its just a way for people to earn achievements. That would shut the "You just want welfare gear!" crowd up pretty quick.

This idea has merit if going without the lock out system (imo) though that wouldn't solve the "swing/shift worker" problem. Main problem/nonproblem with that is that hardcore's/elite's would then only ginvite/raid invite based on gear. (not so much a problem imo)

Which are you?
Edited by Enyalois on 8/17/2011 11:06 PM PDT
91 Human Rogue
08/17/2011 10:49 PMPosted by Fanahlia

Start watching this video at 25:40. If you support this idea, you will go through the roof with glee. I almost did.

The only problem I have with it is that it does appear to be functional for current tier content, which I am against, but, oh well, no big loss. It can assemble groups of up to 25 players, so looks like MC40/AQ40, etc, is out. But, even if your'e level 60, it shouldn't be too hard to nail through that content in a group of 25 players that are 60-70, if you think about it. And now with the Transmo tool a lot of 85's might even queue up to get that Tier 1.

Also it doesn't make any specification as to whether or not it's cross realm. It really doesn't seem to make much difference to me, but I imagine the queue times could get pretty outrageously long if it's only for your own realm, but again, a minor detail.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this as the days press on, sounds like they've gotten it just about right and even if they were totally wrong, I'd still be overjoyed that they're finally putting this in place and all of the leetos in Trade can officially bugger off!
82 Orc Warrior

Why would I be a troll? I have been asking for a better way to group for raids for 6+ years in the MMO community... I am PlasmicRedX on YouTube and Justin.tv. You can see some of my recent efforts here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592857836?page=10
NilesyRocks talking about Auto Raid Forming Tool on Youtube at timeframe 14:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HretOlAEcUA
Swifty talking about his frustration with PvE in WoW at timeframe 1:11:50
http://www.justin.tv/swiftytv/b/291327371

I have posted on www.MMORPG.com, WoW forums, RIFT forums, DAoC forums, WAR forums and beta feedback... for 6+ years and this is finally coming true. I have even been known to be banned from MMORPG.com forums a couple of times for raging back at trolls who eat my posts alive with hate.

I have spoken with Hundar from Machinima Realm about this too, but I don't know if I should release what he said. But basically, if you don't know who I am, these links should help you understand where I come from.

THANK YOU BLIZZARD AND WoW FOR MAKING THIS COME TRUE!!!!!!!!!
Edited by Zog on 8/17/2011 11:10 PM PDT
91 Human Rogue
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Start watching this video at 25:40. If you support this idea, you will go through the roof with glee. I almost did.

Im sorry, I have to post this part again. Watching those two minutes of video is a really great feeling, when you've fought for something for so long and it finally comes true. Love it!!
82 Orc Warrior

The only problem I have with it is that it does appear to be functional for current tier content, which I am against, but, oh well, no big loss. It can assemble groups of up to 25 players, so looks like MC40/AQ40, etc, is out. But, even if your'e level 60, it shouldn't be too hard to nail through that content in a group of 25 players that are 60-70, if you think about it. And now with the Transmo tool a lot of 85's might even queue up to get that Tier 1.

Also it doesn't make any specification as to whether or not it's cross realm. It really doesn't seem to make much difference to me, but I imagine the queue times could get pretty outrageously long if it's only for your own realm, but again, a minor detail.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this as the days press on, sounds like they've gotten it just about right and even if they were totally wrong, I'd still be overjoyed that they're finally putting this in place and all of the leetos in Trade can officially bugger off!

The good news is that Blizzard is taking baby steps in our direction. That is all we need.

Once the baby steps have been taken, Blizzard can start to make strides towards perfecting the system.

If they never do, then another MMORPG company will, and MMO gaming will get better and better. Evolution of MMO gaming was at stake here, and it can only progress if MMO companies take risks.

So this is still huge news.
Edited by Zog on 8/17/2011 11:23 PM PDT
91 Human Rogue
^^^^ That said though, the guy in the video was queueing for Firelands...I'm not sure opening it up to the current tier is the best idea, for reasons I've stated until empty lungs in this thread already. But, who knows what the requirements will be to use it...maybe they'll require achieves, which will entirely negate its presence in my opinion. We really just have to wait for more information, but I do agree, it's a huge awesome step in the right direction for the rest of us.
85 Blood Elf Priest
All right, Siull, Subrosian... I want to know WHERE you saw that ANY of the Pro-idea people have stated or requested "Content-nerf"... you gals keep refering to it like it's gold and over the 4 pages before. (male Belf's don't exist... just gals with facial scruff.. ask anyone)

08/16/2011 12:02 PMPosted by Subrosian
But a cross-realm raid finder? No. I never thought there would be something that clearly said "time to quit, the game has gone to heck", but the implementation of such a feature would be that flag. Not only would it be completely worthless (random groups still wipe on Heroics, let alone raiding content), but it would mandate that Blizzard nerfs raids AND game mechanics.

And I cannot find one.... seriously.. if your gonna make stuff up you should at least show at least ONE request backing your argument (imo)

Which are you?
85 Blood Elf Priest
RealID was created for the purpose of keeping in touch with your own friends, and only serves raiders in the sense that now you can keep 1 name on your list instead of all their 20 alts as well. Strike 1.

Raiding does not require the best people you can find. In fact, raiding doesn't require much beyond decent gear. It isn't much harder than 5-man dungeons, except for needing to find twice as many people. The reason raiding is still challenging has little to do with skill, but getting 9 other people who want to raid, at the same time you want to raid, and doing so from outside of trade chat, because many of us have no interest spending our entire WoW experience standing in SW/Org spamming trade chat. Furthermore, we're not asking to nerf 10-mans so randoms can pug it, so nobody is enforcing mediocrity. In fact, the opposite is true, because we're getting all the people who are standing around being mediocre into a raid where they will be pushed to be better. Strike 2.

PvE is actually inherently far easier than PvP. PvE has a stationary goalpost. As you get better, winning gets easier. PvP has a constantly moving goalpost. As you get better, so do your opponents. Yes, you get to the point where you're beating a greater percentage of people, but the elite of the elite, the guys as the very top, the Lich Kings and Ragnaroses of PvP, those guys don't stay the same week after week while you figure out how to beat them. Strike 3, you're out. That's funny. Because what I see in the Zandalari dungeons is people in blues from the Heroic 5-mans (it's kinda in your post that you need somewhere along those lines, just to get in), and people at 360 ilvl blowing through the place like it's RFC. That little "xxx party members needs a higher ilvl to enter this dungeon" is what forces people to be decently-geared. You think I can't do enough dps to get into a guild? Is that why I was beating people with better gear, who raid every week in raiding guilds, on a raid I had never seen? No, I don't get into guilds because I hate dealing with 12-year-old, elitist snobs. I play to have fun, and would much rather spend 10 weeks beating <insert raid here> with easy-going, socially adept people who make the game fun than 2 weeks beating the same raid with a bunch of people who don't understand the basic social skills most of us learned when we were 5. There are things I promise I am far, far better than you at. That doesn't mean I'm going rub it in your face and call you names. If you actually want to get better, I'll teach you to the best of my abilities. That's how adults do things. Welcome to life 101.

Thank you Vaerolael... It's nice to see that some people get it. Yet another good reason (imo)

Which are you?
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/16/2011 02:30 PMPosted by Zarhym
We have some plans. They're good plans.

I really don't see why you are getting so excited Ricard, there is nothing saying they even agree with this. All this is, is them saying they have plans about raids...NOT about your insipid idea.

If that were in ANY way true Siull then why would they bother poking into this thread Suill... I think your scared... you smell scared (go take a shower).

Spirit of Compitition- The evil work against one another
Which are you?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]