Pally Threat

i have noticed and not only with me but with countless other pallys that there is a threat issue. it seems that it is a big enough issue that Warriors and DKs are taking there place. if you are having and seeing the same issues please post here.
Reply Quote
51 Draenei Paladin
/headdesk

Seriously?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It happens to me as well at times, although as a person that has few healers, dk's blow chunks for tanks for the most part. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I don't follow...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
maybe ur just doing it wrong...
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
No tank has threat problems in this expansion as long as the person playing them has half a clue and is not massively overgeared by their dps. Vengeance has made threat pretty much a nonissue in raids after the first 30 seconds of the pull or so, and that's really the only place where anybody would "replace" a tank anyway.
Reply Quote
Change your judgement glyph to Glyph of Seal of Truth, pop divine plea and inquisition + wings on boss pulls and you should have no threat problems. On trash, save up a few Holy Power in between pulls to pop inquisition before the pull and you're set on threat. Eventually, as your gear gets better, you won't even need to use inq. I don't see how anyone could possibly mess up the rotation, but what rotation do you use? Could be a problem with that. You may want to consider picking up the crusader strike glyph for crit if it's still a problem. While we're at it, Divine Guardian is a pretty important talent and I don't see how any prot pally could skip out on it, may want to pick that up as well.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Do what I do, try to start a fight with some HP saved up.

1-3(whatever you have really) HP Inquisition
Divine Plea+Wings+Avenger's shield

Hope Sacred Duty procs for big SotR crit, after that it's usually GG on threat for me.

Even 1 HP inquisition before wings should be enough to get your AS buffed at least, maybe SotR if you're extremely quick.

Always be on the lookout for free HP sources. Critters are not cute, cuddly, asthetic additions to the world. They're walking HP charges(or RP for Dk's, or Rage for warriors/druids) that should be culled for their tasty threat value.

Without it, be prepared to taunt off of competent dps. It's not uncommon for me to blow both taunts in the first 30 seconds of a pull if I didn't get lucky saving HP charges. Anything to keep the boss on you long enough to get off another 3HP SotR.
Edited by Tritonis on 8/14/2011 1:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah, I have issues when dps are focusing on the wrong target. For some reason, I lose threat. Must be something wrong with my class.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I notice it when doing za/zgs...but I can place the sole blame on hunters...they are too busy trying to out dps mages and rogues they go huntard and forget about mding.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
08/14/2011 04:10 AMPosted by Janaire
Yeah, I have issues when dps are focusing on the wrong target. For some reason, I lose threat. Must be something wrong with my class.

In that situation where there is more than one add, but not enough for AOE abilities, I would just go back and forth between targets. There is an addon that is called skullit. What it does, is it puts a skull on the target you are hitting, really a nice addon for tanking.
Edited by Cyanea on 8/14/2011 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
51 Draenei Paladin
08/14/2011 08:07 AMPosted by Cyanea

In that situation where there is more than one add, but not enough for AOE abilities, I would just go back and forth between targets. There is an addon that is called skullit. What it does, is it puts a skull on the target you are hitting, really a nice addon for tanking.

WHOOOOOOSH
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't popping inquisition on a single target a threat loss over shield of the righteousness?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
I'd assume the threat issues has more to do with adds and multi-targets. I've yet to have an issue with bosses in dungeon content. Dunno so much about raid.

I have found however that I have an easier time keeping threat on my DK.
Reply Quote
51 Draenei Paladin
08/14/2011 11:55 AMPosted by Jbondd
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't popping inquisition on a single target a threat loss over shield of the righteousness?

Last time I checked, when you have 3 hopo, your priority should be something like this:
(assuming you're going for max threat) SotR w/ Sacred Duty up > Inquisition > SotR (no SD)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Pindragon,

If you're talking about your own threat vs. certain other classes. use a macro that looks like this

/#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
/cast Divine Plea
/cast Avenging Wrath

this will give you 3 HoPo before the start of a fight. Which you can use for

1. Shield of the Righteous, for a boss fight.

or

2. Inquisition which will make all sources of holy damage hit harder and increase your AoE threat.

Also get the License to Slay and reforge some of the hit to mastery and wear that instead of the relatively bad DMC: earthquake.

The proc from LtS stacks very fast with a prot paladin and the strength will increase your parry by a fair amount while giving you increased threat for holding off over-zealous dps.

And the Mastery from the reforge is better for your mitigation than the DMC trinket you have now.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I'm actually having trouble with the threat also specially when it comes to the taunting the boss I have to spam my taunt to keep it.
Edited by Kalsteria on 8/14/2013 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm actually having trouble with the threat also specially when it comes to the taunting the boss I have to spam my taunt to keep it.

This thread is from 2011...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Exactly two years old, no less.

Happy Death Day, dead thread?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]