Transmogrification is coming

60 Human Warrior
Blizzard... I can't transmog my warglaives? wtf? are you serious?!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/15/2011 11:44 AMPosted by Lolwtfudied
Blizzard... I can't transmog my warglaives? wtf? are you serious?!
Yup, pretty sure their serious about that. Otherwise there would probably be a "lol" or "rofl" attached to any of the responses about legendary/transmogging.
95 Human Warlock
As you guys have done more and more retrospectives on the old sets, it becomes more and more obvious you have an issue with missing belts that match the sets, especially for robe users where non-matching belts actually obscure the art.

Please give us the option to hide belts in 4.3 unless you are going to commit to making sure every last armor set has a belt that properly matches the set.
First off, I apologize if this was already covered. I did attempt to scan the thread ahead of time but didn't find anything related posted already...

I think Transmogrification is great. I'm one of those players that had already collected/kept many of their tier sets throughout the game so glad to see those efforts being rewarded.

My only concern is this. Since abandoning the 8 piece tier many of the tier sets across all classes are missing matching boots, belts, or bracers. Majority of it is off colored, but some class tiers are still missing a piece entirely. Does Blizzard have any plans to fix this? At the very least change some of the skins to the right set color? The best example of this would be Uldaur gear where nearly all the boots, belts, and bracers where off colors from the 5 piece tiers. What i would like to see is those models skins change to match the actually 5 pieces in color.

I realize its not important and I would rather have Blizz work on new gear designs for 4.3 or the next expansion first, but at the same time I wouldn't imagine it being that hard of a thing to do as a lot of the skins are already in the game on NPCs. Also it would help towards getting the most out of Transmogrification and continue to encourage players to revisit old content.
85 Tauren Paladin
I know blizzard doesn't want a Dye system and the trans-mod idea is fantastic but couldn't we expand the idea to also include the other color textures of armor and weapons that you already have in the game files?

Just look at the BC re-skinned old world armor sets that drop in the dungeons. There are more then just those. Many are scattered on NPC's around the world and even many that are not even shown except in the game files.

I remember the Kara re-skins of some of the Tier 1 and 2 raid armors before they were changed in a later patch to look like other BC armor. Why cant we have access to flip through these different color options instead of a dye system?

There are usually several different colors made of every raid tier anyway and oh the weapon skins that are out there I wish I could use.

High Warlord's Painsaw which was an old lv 70 pvp Blue that was removed in the sunwell patch. It was just a re-skinned High Warlord's Pig Sticker. Or the re-skinned Hellreaver on the 2 snakes in front of the first boss in ZG currently. It looks amazing with green flames instead of the red. Yet I cant access it because its not a current item in the game.

I mean is there some huge coding task involved to flipping through the textures that can be applied to these items and armor? God if only i could go to blizzcon. This would be one of the things id be pressing my way up in line to ask the dev team about.
73 Night Elf Priest
i hate the looks of Heirloom weapons*except the bow*, as a warrior i want my swords to look more threatning, or as a combat rogue i want them to look more sleak and steamline. on my priest i dont wanna look like a warlock while im healing with the armor heirlooms and the staff, and my dk looked all goody goody two shoes with the heirloom plate DPS armors, most heirloom weapons look too PLAIN or too ugly, especially when u get higher lvl and people ur level look soooo much cooler, id like to tailor my heirlooms to my toons theme just as i would want any armor or weapon to match a theme, plus its annoying looking almost the exact same for 80 levels, if blizzard really cares about making the game funner for people they would make make u able to change heirlooms as well, it took ALOT of effort to get all those heirlooms so it would be no fair to me as a player to do all that effort and not be able to change the loots with Transmorgification, compared to people who do a quest that takes 10 minutes and can change the looks of the gear they get from it, it is very biased towards people who work hard and long boring hours of nothing but repetive work to get heirlooms
73 Night Elf Priest

i hate the looks of Heirloom weapons*except the bow*, as a warrior i want my swords to look more threatning, or as a combat rogue i want them to look more sleak and steamline. on my priest i dont wanna look like a warlock while im healing with the armor heirlooms and the staff, and my dk looked all goody goody two shoes with the heirloom plate DPS armors, most heirloom weapons look too PLAIN or too ugly, especially when u get higher lvl and people ur level look soooo much cooler, id like to tailor my heirlooms to my toons theme just as i would want any armor or weapon to match a theme, plus its annoying looking almost the exact same for 80 levels, if blizzard really cares about making the game funner for people they would make make u able to change heirlooms as well, it took ALOT of effort to get all those heirlooms so it would be no fair to me as a player to do all that effort and not be able to change the loots with Transmorgification, compared to people who do a quest that takes 10 minutes and can change the looks of the gear they get from it, it is very biased towards people who work hard and long boring hours of nothing but repetive work to get heirlooms
Question.
If u get an item that is appropriate (cloth for cloth etc) but says a different class upon it can u use it for transmog For instance: I'm a priest, if I want a CLOTH tier item that is for class: warlock can I use it?
After all it is cloth.
I hope so, because I have coveted another classes tier set for a long long time.
85 Human Warrior
Did it ever occur to you that the one the paladin is holding is the epic form, Hammer of Rag. The legendary form being the same module could be mistaken which is, Sulfuras, Hand of Rag. Not to be confused but the paladin is holding the EPIC one not the LEGENDARY one :)
100 Tauren Hunter
Question.
If u get an item that is appropriate (cloth for cloth etc) but says a different class upon it can u use it for transmog For instance: I'm a priest, if I want a CLOTH tier item that is for class: warlock can I use it?
After all it is cloth.
I hope so, because I have coveted another classes tier set for a long long time.

It has to be completely unlocked to you. No class locks, no level locks, no armor locks. Only Dungeon Set 3 in Outland is cross-class.

I really hope they loosen the rules soon because hunter mail is universally hideous. :(
85 Blood Elf Paladin
192 pages keep it going!?!? o.o
85 Tauren Paladin
[quote]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3309048#blog

Please, tell me there are restrictions...perhaps the appearance gets changed back to the regular look when you enter a dungeon/raid/bg/arena??
Nope, i guess not. No restrictions. /sigh....

From what I hear RBGs and Arena cause your gear to look normal again, for PvP purposes. And if you see a Paladin in T2 gear join a raid just inspect lol
100 Worgen Hunter
I see that this thread is pages long and I'm not sure if this was covered. We all know that the new Darkmoon Faire will have some of our long lost Teir items, but I would also like to see some items that have unique, one of a kind skins such as: Ritualistic Shoulderguards, Friendfinder Treads and Krom'gar Champion's Chain Pauldrens.

:)
85 Draenei Hunter
09/19/2011 04:04 PMPosted by Violethoof
I really hope they loosen the rules soon because hunter mail is universally hideous. :(

Challenge accepted.
If I want to Transmorg my 2 one handed maces (Gurubashi Punisher) into 2 Constellus. Do I need to have 2 Costellus or one will be enouch to transmorg my 2 Gurubashi Punisher?
100 Tauren Warrior
In light of this, can you please make it so older Tier raid sets can be bought for JP?

This....so much this....

It's basically stupid to make max-level chars go farm T2 sets they may (or may not) have worn in the past. I already have a limited time to play this game, so when I log in, it's usually to do something productive. I really would love to use Transmogrification, but if it requires me to use my in-game time to go farm old raids (with all the old drop problems), then I just won't do it, and it will be very disappointing.

Selling old pieces through JP allows me to actually use a current game mechanic to get the stuff I had in the past back. I would still be "wasting" my time, but at least it would be doing current game content designed for my level, and definitely not having to go through the frustration (AGAIN) of doing Razorgore three thousand times and not getting the Untamed Blade...
85 Goblin Shaman
a quick question about dual wielding
say im using 2 of the same 1H mace
do i need to get 2 of the maces i wanna transmog into?
or just 1 will do for both maces?
Edited by Únknown on 9/24/2011 9:36 AM PDT
85 Human Warrior
a quick question about dual wielding
or just 1 will do for both maces,a quick question about dual wielding
or just 1 will do for both maces

Just need 1 bro.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]