Transmogrification is coming

85 Draenei Death Knight
I love transmog, but I really hope they loosen the restrictions.

Visually, I can not tell the difference between most plate, mail, cloth and leather (though I do see a lot of very good looking mail and leather items), and I see no reason why a mace or an axe cannot change into a sword. I love swords. =(

We no longer have weapon class specific bonuses, ie maces stun, swords double hit, etc, so as long as the item is still a 1h or a 2h it seems rather irrelevant.

Did I mention I love swords? =(
85 Blood Elf Rogue
08/19/2011 04:14 AMPosted by Chance
Will the Bloodsail Admiral set be eligible for transmogrification? The set has no stats, but it would be a real shame not to have it included.

From what Blizzard posters have said, they are launching the system with conservative restrictions, so Bloodsail Admiral will not be included at the start. I'm guessing they'll monitor feedback, and ease up on certain restrictions once they've had time to assess their impact.

I am very much saddened that I can't user my bloodsail uniform or even my first mate hat.
85 Undead Mage
I have to say I'm a bit miffed about this whole "oh by the way" rule system you guys got going here. I have a piece of gear I earned quite awhile back that is neither on the list of replicas nor will let me transmog it. High Warlords Silk Amice which is a blue item that would have to be replicated by a purple item with a different name but same model. It is lvl70.

But since I didn't know about these rules oh say 4-5 years ago, I didn't know to grind beyond Rank 6 and beyond, so that I'd be able to enjoy future patches to their fullest.

The real nail in this is that I can't do anything about it. I can't grind up rank to 'qualify' for transmog, I can't buy it at Rank 6 as I flew out to A52 to check and its red/out. And to top it off I'm pretty sure that is just the way its going to be, period.

I'm not an emotional guy so the best I can say is I'm disappointed with these off the hip rules and exclusions based solely on performance in Vanilla. To title it a system or a policy with these result clearly show its neither a system nor a policy, its as I said, off the hip.

Hope you reconsider because this rule alienates quite a bit of your old school and new school players alike.

-best
85 Draenei Shaman

Sulfuron Hammer

Does not look like Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros, bad example to post up there buddy.

You're correct. He should be wielding Sulfuron Hammer, and is clearly holding a Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. In any case, he is not holding something other than Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. Legendaries will always be identifiable on sight.

Legendaries should be able to be transmogged on to items. If i got the war glaives on my rogue in bc i never get to show them off except afking outside the auction house. The argument that they are legendaries and are rare so they shouldn't be transmoged over is fair but what damage does it do if i transmog them on my 378 swords? I have the legendaries and they will always be identifiable on sight on my new weapons. Its not like people are going out and buying these legendaries with money. They are earning them. whether its grinding out BT every week at the 4% chance at getting them or running through IC with some friends farming our shadowmourne we are earning these weapons and we don't want them to sit in the bank or void storage the rest of the game because they are to rare to put on a different item. If they are that rare let us actually continue to use them!
85 Human Warrior
I love transmog, but I really hope they loosen the restrictions.

Visually, I can not tell the difference between most plate, mail, cloth and leather (though I do see a lot of very good looking mail and leather items), and I see no reason why a mace or an axe cannot change into a sword. I love swords. =(

We no longer have weapon class specific bonuses, ie maces stun, swords double hit, etc, so as long as the item is still a 1h or a 2h it seems rather irrelevant.

Did I mention I love swords? =(

I completely and utterly agree. I'm using the Gurabashi Punisher right now and I dislike it so much I turned it into a more appealing mace, but I wanted to make it into a sword but was bummed when I couldn't.
85 Blood Elf Mage
I want to go on my hunter. Go back to the sunwell lvl 70 raid. Get the legendary bow. then transmogrify my 85 to make it look like the legendary bow. Isnt that what you want blizz? people going back to get previous stuff!? take away the legendary exception!
62 Human Paladin
Lol @ the first response.

"HOoOOOOOoooRAAAAYYyyyYYY"
100 Human Priest
*Is ready to beat a dead horse*

Really need to see T3 be brought back for this, even if it requires the same crafting mats as the original (just throw the torn armor pieces into the 80 Naxx). I'll work my butt off for it, and I'm sure many others would too. Your brought back a pvp set (season 3) so bringing back a raid set (tier 3) would be great to see.
90 Undead Mage
*Is ready to beat a dead horse*

Really need to see T3 be brought back for this, even if it requires the same crafting mats as the original (just throw the torn armor pieces into the 80 Naxx). I'll work my butt off for it, and I'm sure many others would too. Your brought back a pvp set (season 3) so bringing back a raid set (tier 3) would be great to see.

Ugh, just no more daily quest vendors. Put it on bosses like it used to be and give it crafting requirements. It's the best thing you could do for the set if you're going to bring it back.
1 Undead Mage
Is there an option I'm missing to have runeforges not transfer with the transmog? I got a pair of really cool looking dark gold axes to dual-wield, which now look really stupid and ruined with a bright sky blue smoke coming off them.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm a Hunter and earned my Legendary bow back when Sunwell was the current content. I was very happy and excited to have it as long as I did. Sadly it got replaced in the next expansion by a blue weapon. I would like to take my legendary and see it in action again. I understand that they are rare, so let us show them off. I honestly feel that the legendary I earned should be apart of my current game. These weapons are suppose to be legendary, not legendary storage space.
85 Tauren Death Knight
You want them to make more 5 mans and raids for you to complain about them not having tried very hard on? Seems like you're feeding the system, here.

If Developers spent more time on making good content rather than making crap that has no impact on the game whatsoever, then we would have good content and a better game.

However, it seeps that you would rather prance around in Stormwind looking like you are wearing a tier set you didn't even earn. Yeah, that's a great use of time and effort.

If people want to strut around and pose in different clothes, there's a game called IMUV or something like that. You can play "dress up doll" to your heart's content.

I'd rather have more raids and more dungeons with better content.

Uhm last I checked Transmog is a hit, and if customers are happy, and theres yet again another expansion coming out, in a timely manner at that, and they just put out alot of new content, shouldnt you shut yer mouth? yeah, thats what i thought. Have a nice day troll... :D
85 Tauren Warrior
I was really disappointed when i tried to transmogrify my weapon into Sulfuras, which i had quite a hard time earning. Why is this different to any other mace? It's just cosmetic stuff, shouldn't and wont affect game mechanics in any way!
86 Troll Druid
I see where being able to transmogrify to legendaries could be annoying because then an 85 could farm for an old legendary and be dual-wielding, oh say Thunderfury. However, I'd be willing to bet that well over 50% of players (including myself) would much rather prefer that we be able to transmogrify to legendaries.
100 Human Paladin
Someone better give us a far better reason for NOT allowing Legendary weapons to be transmogrified, because simply being "rare" is the stupidiest excuse I've ever heard! The very fact that they're rare is WHY you would want to show them off! What is the point of even implementing the Legendaries into the game if you're going to essentially punish those who have put in the effort to get them? This line of reasoning is completely hypocritical! Nobody would be getting an unfair advantage by transmogrifying a Legendary, but they WOULD finally get to enjoy the fruits of their labor by displaying that which they busted their butts to get. Why would Blizzard allow us to use the skins of practically every weapon out there but these? That almost seems to be a deliberate attack on those of us who have one...which is really weird, since Blizzard put them there for us to get in the first place! Let me tell you, it's incredibly anti-climatic to finally get that Legendary you've been striving to get, only to find that you'll never even get to show it to anyone outside of town...let alone ever get to USE it because your ordinary weapon is actually SUPERIOR. :P What makes even less sense: it's not just Legendary weapons, but Legacy weapons as well! You can't tell me THOSE are that rare! Anyone can get a Legacy weapon quite easily from the vendors in their capitol. Seriously, if there is a better reason you guys can't let us do so, at least have the decency to tell us, instead of using a lame excuse like "they're rare". -_- (Probably more like "we're afraid we might lose a weapon to a glitch in the mogging process, so we don't want to risk it on Legendaries, just in case". THAT I could believe.)
85 Worgen Hunter
Necro much?
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Seriously dude? Wow... what a freaking necro....
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]