Transmogrification is coming

85 Blood Elf Priest
Yay! Will be rocking priest t5 and dk t10. So excited.
Thanks, Blizz. :D
90 Blood Elf Warlock

The vendors in Gadgetzan and Dalaran, that people are mentioning, have the exact same options as the Legacy Quartermaster in Orgrimmar. And it does not have even close to all the gear from the past. Just the last season of each expansion.

Sure wish you'd read before posting false information.

I'm referring to what a PvPer will have access too. I really couldn't care less what you can get by raiding.
86 Undead Priest
FINALLY!! xD
81 Goblin Priest
Has it been confirmed that you have to own a piece of gear to make something look like that gear? I haven't seen any statements one way or the other from Blizz, but everyone seems to be assuming that is how it will work.
69 Blood Elf Priest

Your fault for not saving your favorite sets.

Why would this be my fault? What indication did I, or anybody else have...a year ago?...6 years ago?...that this would be a feature?
Some of us have been playing an awful long time and things (storage) wasn't always so readily and cheaply availalbe.

I saved my sets that I loved because they were awesome and I liked to walk around in them from time to time.

Don't try to blame other people because you didn't know something like this would happen, if you wanted to keep it you would have, regardless of whether or not this feature would have been released.
85 Troll Shaman
Appearance tab posters from the old forums, REJOICE!
73 Tauren Warrior
This "Feature" really is just a sign that Blizzard has given up on all of their founding ideas.

That gear is unique looking for each tier to fit the theme of the instance, that gear would tell you at a glance what that player was capable of raiding. Now gear will tell you what, that T5 Warlock is the best looking set? That rogues really liked bloodfang?

This is just the prelude to the final gutting of the game in time for titan.

If a set is good looking I wear it. There will be more people sporting the latest tier appearance than you may think.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/17/2011 10:31 AMPosted by Miraj
Has it been confirmed that you have to own a piece of gear to make something look like that gear? I haven't seen any statements one way or the other from Blizz, but everyone seems to be assuming that is how it will work.

The only thing I've found to fuel that speculation is:

"Transmogrification encourages players to hold onto items with sentimental or aesthetic value, and the Ethereals anticipate that personal bag and bank space will be at a premium now that everyone will be hoarding their frilly pantaloons and leather jerkins"
85 Tauren Druid
I'll never be happy until I can wear a top hat and monocle while in cat form......

http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/classy_trollcat.jpg
Edited by Geldvati on 8/17/2011 10:35 AM PDT
90 Troll Hunter
YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!! I finally wont be forced to wear a stupid murloc hat or something to that effect ever again!
Edited by Kutzak on 8/17/2011 10:33 AM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
All my years of going back and doing MC/BWL/AQ etc and storing literally every piece of gear that I can use is finally going to pay off :) I'm both sad that it won't be as unique when I equip my old gear, and excited to free up some much needed bank space!
80 Human Priest
08/17/2011 10:31 AMPosted by Miraj

It seems you must possess the item. However how to obtain it via farming raids, buying it from a vendor via gold or justice points has not been revealed.

So people thinking about farming old raids might wanna wait a few weeks...
85 Gnome Warlock
If I can turn it off so that I only see what is really being worn by others instead of what they want me to see, I'm all for it. Either that, or it needs to not work in dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, arenas and pvp zones like TB.
69 Blood Elf Priest

Sure wish you'd read before posting false information.

I'm referring to what a PvPer will have access too. I really couldn't care less what you can get by raiding.

Because TBC raids sure do require current PvE gear to plow through.

Most people in any sort of Cata gear can solo half of TBC content.

If you want the neat gear, you take a little bit of time out of your PvPing and roll over a raid in 15 minutes to get it.
85 Night Elf Hunter
The only problem I have is if you need to have the item on you... I ended up vendoring my favorite set way back when (very first dungeon set in vanilla) and I can't get that anymore.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Given that ranged weapons can be transmogrified cross-type, why not melee weapons? The technology clearly is present to know the proper animation (since guns/crossbows have different animations from bows), why can't you support it for melee weapons as well? Couldn't they use the same tech to use the proper animation that ranged weapons will be using?

You could still enforce basic things like Main-hand and Off-hand restrictions (since I seem to recall this was the reason for Main-hand vs Off-hand fist weapons was that it's not just a matter of flipping the model) and also disallow Two-Hand weapons to be transmogrified into One-Hand weapons (and vice-versa). It'd be hilarious for me to appear to be wielding a pair of two-handed swords as a rogue, but that's Fury's schtick, I don't need to copy that.

This would also let rogues have transmogrified swords without having to add more shaman-enraging agility swords to current content. I'm fine with wielding axes or maces as a combat rogue, but letting me *look* like I've got some fine, fine swords would certainly make me happy.
88 Goblin Warrior
Can we transmogrify pvp gear?
88 Night Elf Druid
*glomps Blizzard* I can wear my shoulders that sprout FLOWERS AGAIN.
...Don't judge me, I'm on pain meds and that's seriously the only thing that's occurring to me right now.
73 Tauren Warrior
08/17/2011 10:33 AMPosted by Morley
If I can turn it off so that I only see what is really being worn by others instead of what they want me to see, I'm all for it. Either that, or it needs to not work in dungeons, raids, battlegrounds, arenas and pvp zones like TB.

....why ? Doesnt' matter if the guy wears a plain robe or a t12 looking robe. If you attack or flee from people based on their gear, well than...you know.../chicken
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Because TBC raids sure do require current PvE gear to plow through.

Most people in any sort of Cata gear can solo half of TBC content.

If you want the neat gear, you take a little bit of time out of your PvPing and roll over a raid in 15 minutes to get it.

Shouldn't have to if I've already had the gear though. Which is the reason me and many others are wanting clarified if it's enough to have earned it in the past, or if you have to be one of the few who saves everything.
Edited by Itizamuh on 8/17/2011 10:38 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]