Transmogrification is coming

73 Tauren Warrior
Add 1 stat on white vendor sets so we can transmo into them pretty please !

Some of these sets are really good looking, I want to look like a grunt !
85 Night Elf Druid
*looks at armory*

I knew keeping this t3 set around would be worth it. Woot!
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Sneaky death knights can’t make that breastplate look like a cloth robe

In general, only items that have stats can be used in the transmogrification process

They only ask for a modest gold donation to recoup their costs. <--- (pic shows over 100g)

so here's the restrictions that mattered most to me...

I'm glad it's here...but....damn....it seems like there's not much I can do with it :/

P.S. - hope I don't get in trouble for spamming....this was copy/pasted from the latest appearance tab thread....just wanted it here since a blue is asking for opinions...hope it gets considered
69 Blood Elf Priest

I saved my sets that I loved because they were awesome and I liked to walk around in them from time to time.

Don't try to blame other people because you didn't know something like this would happen, if you wanted to keep it you would have, regardless of whether or not this feature would have been released.

/golfclap
Most didn't. Especially those of us who've been playing longer than L69. Post under you main if you're going to flame.

Unable to at the moment, because this is a RaF account and my old account is inactive.

I've had multiple characters on my previous account which have been max level in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, and now Cataclysm, and I've still kept room for those sets that I've felt were special to me.

Unless you have a horrific hoarding problem with some sort of gathering profession, there's no excuse. Blizzard has provided more than enough bank space, and bank alts have existed for BoE / non soulbound items since Ultima Online.

Nice to see you're resorting to my level as a method of invalidating my points, though.

/golfclap
100 Night Elf Druid
Woo hoo!! Thank you Blizzard!

:D
85 Draenei Hunter
YES!!!!! So excited!!!!!

Please please please PLEASE make it so that we have to own the items to use them though!
85 Undead Mage
Worst idea ever.. When I seen this on mmochamp I thought for a second I was getting trolled but now I know casuals have taken over wow and the community is driving it into the ground..
GG blizzard GG
100 Pandaren Shaman

Shouldn't have to if I've already had the gear though. Which is the reason me and many others are wanting clarified if it's enough to have earned it in the past, or if you have to be one of the few who saves everything.

I will be very very very surprised if Blizzards servers are good enough to have kept track of every piece of gear you've ever owned.. or even keep track of particular pieces of gear you've ever owned. That would be some database.

They already do. How do you think GM's are able to tell if you've owned a piece of gear that you've requested to be restored?

Maybe what will happen is that all items that your able to transmogrify to are already in the interface, but you have to unlock them and just having looted an item once is enough to unlock it (other items are greyed out). But this is just baseless speculation.
90 Night Elf Death Knight

it would make the most sense, and would be the right thing to do.

A lot of the gear players will want to use is many years old. I got rid of a lot of my old level 60, 70, and 80 gear to clear out bag space. Why shouldn't I be able to use the Nightslayer or Bloodfang appearance just because I didn't let the gear sit around wasting space for 5 years?

Read the blog post:

Transmogrification encourages players to hold onto items with sentimental or aesthetic value, and the Ethereals anticipate that personal bag and bank space will be at a premium now that everyone will be hoarding their frilly pantaloons and leather jerkins.

&
Placing items into the Transmogrify interface will increase the gold cost of the process, and clicking the Transmogrify button (assuming you have the necessary funds) will put the appearance change into effect.

Both point to you having to actually HAVE both, the gear you are changing and the gear you want it to look like. Otherwise, why would they need to add the extra storage vendor if you could just pick from a drop down tab or other option that allowed you to not have the gear on you?
Edited by Deathduck on 8/17/2011 10:45 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Warrior
i don't know if this will get lost int he posts....but it mentioned possibly having had to acquire the well, aesthetic, armor.

Has any thought gone into linking your appearance options to what models you currently have in void storage?
85 Orc Death Knight
I love it :D

I can't wait to skip around Battle Grounds and Arenas in Frilliest Purpliest Plate Armor and then pwn people that attack me thinking Im a Nub.

Too bad I'm not a paladin. If so I could sport the "Crystalforge Raiment" set D:
85 Night Elf Warrior

First:

Yes, I'm sure the encounter-design team spent many, many manhours on this feature. Just like the character design team spent ages playing flutes for the music in the new molten front area and the marketing team spent all those weeks cleaning the staff washrooms.

Secondly:

Just. No. The amount of time Blizzard spends on developing raids and instances compared to every other aspect of the game is hugely disproportionate. There are other apects of the game than your favourite bit of it. The way my toon looks is important to many of us, and the fact that Blizzard, after *5* years and *3* expansions is finally throwing a bone to those people (and pretty much only the second thing they've ever done - the only other purely cosmetic customisation option has been the hairdresser, which has recieved almost no attention since it was added) is hardly a sign that they are spending too much time on such features. Be happy that raiders get the vast majority of the Blizzard team's efforts are dedicated to developing new raid content and don't be so churlish when anyone else gets something they want.

If there was sufficient content and it was good, I wouldn't care about this.

However, since the content have been complete crap and awful to boot, they need to send all the little developers who were wasting time with this transmorgrification idiocy and have them design more dungeons and raids.

This is like adding a spinner-hubcaps to a car that needs a new transmission. Sure it's pretty and probably doesn't cost all that much. But they could have used their resources better. Players aren't leaving because they can't make themselves look pretty. Players are leaving because Blizzard isn't making any content for their game.

Coming from someone who is 0/7 Normal in Firelands and 11/12 Normal in T11, you got a lot of room to talk.

You can't complete this content and yet you asking for harder stuff? Please.

I'm 2/7 in Firelands and I couldn't be happier with this feature being added.
85 Worgen Death Knight
Given that ranged weapons can be transmogrified cross-type, why not melee weapons? The technology clearly is present to know the proper animation (since guns/crossbows have different animations from bows), why can't you support it for melee weapons as well? Couldn't they use the same tech to use the proper animation that ranged weapons will be using?

You could still enforce basic things like Main-hand and Off-hand restrictions (since I seem to recall this was the reason for Main-hand vs Off-hand fist weapons was that it's not just a matter of flipping the model) and also disallow Two-Hand weapons to be transmogrified into One-Hand weapons (and vice-versa). It'd be hilarious for me to appear to be wielding a pair of two-handed swords as a rogue, but that's Fury's schtick, I don't need to copy that.

This would also let rogues have transmogrified swords without having to add more shaman-enraging agility swords to current content. I'm fine with wielding axes or maces as a combat rogue, but letting me *look* like I've got some fine, fine swords would certainly make me happy.

^ This. I see no valid reason why we we cant transmogrify one handed Swords/Maces/Axes to the appearance of another one handed Sword/Mace/Axe so long as MH/OH limitations are kept.

I understand that there may be limitations with animations (going from a Sword -> Dagger, or Mace -> Fist), but one handed Swords/Maces/Axes all share the same swing anmiations.

Would changing my current fugly One handed Axes to two Slayer of the Lifeless somehow break game balance?

Otherwise, cool idea, but I really hope they reconsider that melee weapon restriction.
100 Night Elf Hunter
08/17/2011 10:37 AMPosted by Itizamuh
Shouldn't have to if I've already had the gear though. Which is the reason me and many others are wanting clarified if it's enough to have earned it in the past, or if you have to be one of the few who saves everything.

Blizzard doesn't keep track of gear you used to own, unless it came from a quest. So they'll either have to make you have it on hand, or just take your word for it and let everybody use any look from prior sets. "Sure, I used to own a full set of Tier 0. Yes, I know this character is a goblin with the Lost Islands feat."
85 Human Paladin
Now I can tank in my holy gear.

This is stupid.
90 Blood Elf Warlock

I will be very very very surprised if Blizzards servers are good enough to have kept track of every piece of gear you've ever owned.. or even keep track of particular pieces of gear you've ever owned. That would be some database.

They already do. How do you think GM's are able to tell if you've owned a piece of gear that you've requested to be restored?

Maybe what will happen is that all items that your able to transmogrify to are already in the interface, but you have to unlock them and just having looted an item once is enough to unlock it (other items are greyed out). But this is just baseless speculation.

This is what I'm hoping for. You shouldn't have to grind old crap to have gear you already had.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]